Meier Audio Daccord
May 31, 2021 at 6:04 AM Post #708 of 715
Reading through the thread I came across @Jan Meier's comments, as quoted above, which piqued my interest. After a brief email exchange I believe that Jan no longer advocates this experimentation and that by doing so you void the warranty.
Well he said that he'd appreciate feedback if someone experiments. He never said that it wouldn't void the warranty.

I can't imagine that he'd still give warranty if the user would apply modifications like these.
However he was/is still supporting the Modder community with insights like these.

Oct 15, 2021 at 4:39 PM Post #710 of 715
Just so I know I have connected this correctly.

The Corda Classic RCAS go into the Fixed output on the Daccord; and
The Variable outputs are the ones I plug my Active speakers into?

is this the correct way to set it up?

Also there is no audible difference between USB and Coax is there?

thanks alot
Necroing, but just in case, yes. Fixed output of Da'ccord into Classic. The variable outputs on the Da'ccord are for plugging it directly into something for which you want the Da'ccord to control the volume. Also, to the best of my knowledge, no difference in USB and Optical input. It's all digital. Are the 1's and 0's electrical impulses or light pulses. With my Da'ccord and drivers, I get more native frequencies with USB than I do with the optical inputs, so I use USB inputs and the SoX mod resampler to only resample frequencies UNSUPPORTED by the Da'ccord.

Edit:
For some reason, my computer (ROG Maximus X Hero) cannot send 32K at all to the Da'ccord, and can only send 88.2 using USB and not optical.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2021 at 1:58 AM Post #711 of 715
Thanks for your reply, the slight issue I'm having is with the Daccord Fixed outputs plugged into the Classic I'm getting almost zero play with the amp volume before it gets too loud.... i.e with the Focal Clears the volume dial starts at 7 o'clock (mute) and by 9 o'clock its already to loud.

Dec 22, 2021 at 3:23 AM Post #712 of 715
Daccord ff are good cooperate with my Marantz SA7001KI (TOSLINK) an M1 Mac (USB)!
Sounds very great!

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2021 at 6:59 AM Post #713 of 715
Compared with the DAC in the Marantz SA7100 KI - DAC CS4397, Daccord ff seems to me in some passages a tiny bit less sharp --> more musical? My AKG K812 is a very good "tool" to determine this. As connection to the Marantz I use LWL TOSLINK.

On the Mac:
Somehow I have the impression that the files ripped with XLD.app sound a bit better (more musical, more authentic, more open, finer) when played over the Mac than directly from the CD over the Marantz. Just imagination? I also have some real test samples of 24/196, plus their 16/44.1 counterparts for comparison, files on the Mac, the difference is hardly noticeable.

All these players I have tested, some only briefly, on the M1 Mac (the non-free ones as trials):
Music.app, Amarra_Luxe.app, Audirvana_Studio.app, Decibel.app, Elmedia_Player.app, Elmedia_Video_Player.app, foobar2000.app, IINA.app, Media_Center_28.app, mpv.app, VLC.app, Ampado.app, Audacity.app, ocenaudio.app and Fidelia.app (now licensed).

Fidelia.app offered me the best value for money - although the handling of the music files could be improved.
Audirvana_Studio.app is the best in handling - but only available by subscription - annually around 100 EUR that is too much for my purposes.
I am anyway an opponent of subscription models for software!
Ammara_Luxe.app would also be possible, but there are still questions open!

Which players do you use on the computer, especially on the Mac?
In your experience, how does Mac's own upsampling affect the sound?

Dec 19, 2022 at 6:14 AM Post #714 of 715
Do you have any experience with a Windows 10 pc running Roon->USB->Dacordd-ff?
When I try to enter exclusive mode Roon shows an error: "Failed to Initialize Audio Device". Foobar with WASAPI, as well as Tidal in exclusive mode, work fine.

Dec 19, 2022 at 9:22 AM Post #715 of 715
Do you have any experience with a Windows 10 pc running Roon->USB->Dacordd-ff?
When I try to enter exclusive mode Roon shows an error: "Failed to Initialize Audio Device". Foobar with WASAPI, as well as Tidal in exclusive mode, work fine.
Well, as a Mac user, unfortunately (or luckily, depending on point of view:wink:) I cannot answer that. But have you tried contacting Jan Meier? He usually is very helpful and very knowledgeable in cases like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back