Meier Audio Daccord
Oct 9, 2020 at 3:22 AM Post #691 of 715
What did you get?
A Cayin HA-6A.
So a tube amp in a completely different price category.

It's amazing though I didn't think that an amp change will bring that amount of improvement

Oct 9, 2020 at 5:25 AM Post #692 of 715
WOW, this looks great, certainly a different level of audiophile joy. I'd love to listen to an amp like this one day. :beyersmile:

The Cordas don't get the attention they deserve these days, I'm pretty stuck with the Daccord FF because it sounds just great. As for the amps I actually listen mostly to the Corda Jazz FF; it's nicely sweet and engaging.

May 21, 2021 at 3:20 AM Post #696 of 715
Just a heads-up. Meier Audio are having a Spring Sale atm. Daccord-FF reduced from 655 Euro to 390 Euro. I owned and loved Jan's Stage DAC in about 2011 so, at this price, I couldn't possibly pass up the opportunity. Shame there's not more action on this thread. This DAC might have been on the market for a while now, but this doesn't change its sound.

May 21, 2021 at 3:41 AM Post #697 of 715
Just a heads-up. Meier Audio are having a Spring Sale atm. Daccord-FF reduced from 655 Euro to 390 Euro. I owned and loved Jan's Stage DAC in about 2011 so, at this price, I couldn't possibly pass up the opportunity. Shame there's not more action on this thread. This DAC might have been on the market for a while now, but this doesn't change its sound.
Too Bad the Classic FF is no longer available.

A real gem at the price! Still Holding on to mine even tho I don't actually need it anymore

May 21, 2021 at 3:46 AM Post #698 of 715
Too Bad the Classic FF is no longer available.

A real gem at the price! Still Holding on to mine even tho I don't actually need it anymore

From what I've read of the Daccord - Classic pairing, the DAC is the standout. Re visual aesthetics they would have gone well together, but I've got my sights on a Jazz-FF. Owned one 3 years ago but sold it. I'm sorry I did as Jan said I would be.

Last edited:
May 21, 2021 at 3:50 AM Post #699 of 715
From what I've read of the Daccord - Classic pairing, the DAC is the standout. Re visual aesthetics they would have gone well together, but I've got my sights on a Jazz-FF. Owned one 3 years ago but sold it. I'm sorry I did as Jan said I would be.
Well thr Jazz-FF is also nice, but when I auditioned them at Jans place I clearly preferred the Classic.

I could never conpare the Daccord to something meaningful, so I do not have more knowledge than reviews give.

May 21, 2021 at 3:51 AM Post #700 of 715
Well thr Jazz-FF is also nice, but when I auditioned them at Jans place I clearly preferred the Classic.

I could never conpare the Daccord to something meaningful, so I do not have more knowledge than reviews give.

Oh well. The Classic boat has sailed. I've got my eye on another vessel. The cost of a berth on HMS Jazz-FF is more modest, which suits my means.

Last edited:
May 21, 2021 at 4:07 AM Post #701 of 715
Was lucky enough to get a hold of two like-new units about 6 months ago second-hand for an absolute steal.

What exactly does the FF change about the sound signature?

I Have a Daccord FF but considering sending my Classic into Jan for the FF upgrade with the understanding it's much more pronounced on the classic.

Last edited:
May 21, 2021 at 4:34 AM Post #702 of 715
Was lucky enough to get a hold of two like-new units about 6 months ago second-hand for an absolute steal.

What exactly does the FF change about the sound signature?

I Have a Daccord FF but considering sending my Classic into Jan for the FF upgrade with the understanding it's much more pronounced on the classic.

Have you had a chance to read through the Classic thread?

May 22, 2021 at 12:24 AM Post #704 of 715
Have been reading reviews and impressions of the Daccord (non-FF) on various sites. Stumbled across this concise description of it's sound and features written by @Sorrodje, the man and mind behind the resonator-mod for the HD800. Thought it would be of interest to some:

"I owned the Meier DACCORD , paired it with a bunch of amps and headphones . Mostly a Stax combo and a HD800/DNA Sonett and I loved this dac. Neutral but not lean , Resolving but not harsh with a great sense of space. S/D ( Wolfson) dac at it's best and probably my first choice if I had to buy a second rig besides by main system (based on a Theta DS pro Gen Va) . Over its sonic qualities, the DACCORD offers some really useful features with a Crossfeed and a tone control that allows to add a bit of bass if needed. Great piece of gear . Considering its priced at 600 bucks , i definitely think it's a real bargain."

Hope he doesn't mind me sharing it here. Do others agree with his sentiments? Post was written originally in 2015. Does its value and position in the market hold up in 2021?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back