Meier Audio Daccord
Oct 19, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #331 of 715
Does anyone here have the Daccord paired with the Burson Soloist or similar?  I love my Soloist but I'm considering the Daccord as an affordable, high performing single ended DAC, and of course the crossfeed is a nice bonus.  I'd love to see how it compares with some of the software crossfeed I've used.

Oct 19, 2013 at 8:24 PM Post #333 of 715
  FYI Meier has their semi annual sale going on now.  If you are going to buy any Meier gear, now is the best time to do it, >20% off most products.

I wish I could, it seems like an outstanding deal.  Unfortunately, I have to wait until after tax refunds next year.  Though, I'm hoping if Jan is carrying the AKG K812 by then, maybe I can pick up both at the same time.

Oct 22, 2013 at 2:53 AM Post #335 of 715
  I wish I could, it seems like an outstanding deal.  Unfortunately, I have to wait until after tax refunds next year.  Though, I'm hoping if Jan is carrying the AKG K812 by then, maybe I can pick up both at the same time.

If you think that's the DAC you want (and I HIGHLY recommend it), see if Jan will keep one on reserve for you until after tax time. He may be willing to lock in the price for you if you ask him. Tell him Rumay and Focker sent you..
biggrin.gif

Oct 22, 2013 at 8:25 AM Post #336 of 715
I hope I will soon become a proud owner of this dac too.  
beerchug.gif

Oct 22, 2013 at 8:55 AM Post #337 of 715
  I hope I will soon become a proud owner of this dac too.  
beerchug.gif

It's an amazingly good piece...I know Jan chooses to rely on word of mouth advertising, cause he likes to keep costs as low as possible for his customers...it's just a shame that more people don't know about this product, cause it's phenomenal. Dual Wolfson chips, a great USB section, three digital inputs, a robust crossfeed circuit, and even a variable output for use as a preamp....not even to mention that it sounds great. I compared it head to head with the very highly regarded MyDac, and I preferred the Meier. I dont mean to sound like a commercial, it's just that when I come across a product that I feel is exceptional, I blab about it :)

Oct 22, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #338 of 715
I'm fan of Jan approach and I currently own an Corda Jazz I'm very Happy with. This amp drives easily and perfectly all Cans I try with. Even old AKG like K1000 , K340 ou K240 monitor/DF/Sextetts. My HD800 sound great with the Jazz. 

Unfortunately . I have to sold it in order to pay the DACCORD. My MG head does a good combo with HD800 and I hope the Daccord will compliment perfectly my HD800 rig. 

The final purchase will be Corda Classic ( or maybe a Jazz again)  a few time later when I'll be able to save enough money. Then I think I will not have to change anything in my basic rig for years.  Indeed, I think that with a complete meier gear + My Old powerful tube amp , I would have to spend a lot more money to get subtantial upgrade.  I can't realy speak about "end game" gear because to be honest I must admit that this game has no end. 
redface.gif

Oct 22, 2013 at 9:28 AM Post #339 of 715
I started with the Jazz, as well, but as much as I enjoy it, I do feel that the Daccord is a special DAC...so if you need to sell the Jazz in order to purchase the Daccord, I think you're making the right decision. I consider Jan's amps to be very solid, especially for the money, but the Daccord is a special piece, IMO. I really didn't have much interest in any sort of USB functionality, but the USB input on Jan's dac is so good that I use it all the time now. I just bought a longer cable so I can connect it to my laptop and I fire it up whenever I go online. Youtube vids have never sounded better...and there is a lot of high quality stuff available on youtube now. 

One of my buds on here linked me to a fantastic concert by the guy from Dire Straights. It sounded amazing through the Daccord. 

Oct 22, 2013 at 10:10 AM Post #340 of 715
I remember the day you convinced me about DACCORD . 
beerchug.gif

Oct 22, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #341 of 715
  I remember the day you convinced me about DACCORD . 
beerchug.gif

Cheers :)

What really gets me excited about this hobby is when I find a product that I can settle into and not have to worry about upgrading for a long time. I tend to keep my gear longer than most once I find what I'm looking for, so I'm very happy to have taken such a liking to Jan's products. The Meier stack will be the backbone of my headphone rig for years to come. 

Oct 22, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #342 of 715
  I'm fan of Jan approach and I currently own an Corda Jazz I'm very Happy with. This amp drives easily and perfectly all Cans I try with. Even old AKG like K1000 , K340 ou K240 monitor/DF/Sextetts. My HD800 sound great with the Jazz. 

Unfortunately . I have to sold it in order to pay the DACCORD. My MG head does a good combo with HD800 and I hope the Daccord will compliment perfectly my HD800 rig. 

The final purchase will be Corda Classic ( or maybe a Jazz again)  a few time later when I'll be able to save enough money. Then I think I will not have to change anything in my basic rig for years.  Indeed, I think that with a complete meier gear + My Old powerful tube amp , I would have to spend a lot more money to get subtantial upgrade.  I can't realy speak about "end game" gear because to be honest I must admit that this game has no end. 
redface.gif

The Daccord brings the best out of my HD800's, Since you have a Corda Jazz it will sync perfect with this Dac.  My AKG K240 Sextetts sound great with it as well.

Oct 22, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #343 of 715
  The Daccord brings the best out of my HD800's, 

I hope so for mine :) . I expect DACCORD + MG Head to be a good combo for My HD800 :) 

Nov 24, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #344 of 715
I´m considering using a separate USB psu for the usb input on the Daccord, Does this make sence, or will it be total overkill?
I have seen other DACs supplying the USB input with power from the internal power supply. The idea is to separate the USB input from the noisy power supply of the computer. I don´t suppose Jan Meier is doing that in the Daccord?
http://www.squeeze-upgrade.com/bladelius-linear-power-supply-bladelius-p-1661.html

Nov 25, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #345 of 715
A USB power injector only applies to devices that run off the the USB power alone. They do have some merit, in portable electronics the power from a USB port may not be enough for a full power device, by using an external power supply and a power injecting adapter you can get the power you need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back