Meet the Sennheiser HD 660 S
Dec 18, 2017 at 7:56 AM Post #256 of 396
My GF and her friends didn't care for this comment and said its one reason why there are mostly only men on this site, too many men with trying to be macho or have fragile egos. And since I listen for enjoyment what's your problem with me having wine or other alcoholic crap while I recline on a comfortable love sofa with my GF who has her own headphone to listen to? Its a activity that we both enjoy since we are spending time together doing something we both enjoy.
Dude, what the hell are you talking about ?

Dec 18, 2017 at 9:05 AM Post #258 of 396
I didn't understand your message haha but regarding the el-8 would an oppo ha2se amp DAC be ok for these headphones? I can always the try open back and return for closed I guess if leak is too much
I would think the HA2 will be able to drive the EL-8 without any issue since the EL-8 is quite efficient.

Listening to the new Eminem album right now. I simply love how the HD660S plays this, especially the bass is surprisingly well done. so are all the different femal and male voices. And EMs background talk is clearly audible. Maybe Mr.T should start to listen to a different music catalog of music instead of replaying the same stuff over and over again.
I think its a good thing that Tyll keeps using the same tracks since this gives all his reviews a constant point of reference and why would an individual like me for example evaluate a headphone with rap or metal when I don't listen to the genre? A headphone may do great with those genres but if I mainly listen to classical or jazz I couldn't care less that it sound good with rap and metal since I never listen to those genres.

Dec 18, 2017 at 9:07 AM Post #259 of 396
popcornemot.gif

Dec 18, 2017 at 9:29 AM Post #261 of 396
go back to your previous post, it was sexist comment to my GF and her friends saying only guys are into this hobby.
Your "GF"? :beyersmile: I did not even mention it, but the truth is that these sites only have men and they are old even like you, so what? I never said that women were forbidden to be here, but just like the gamer community, the audiophiles also only have men, and if their "GF" is audiophile, well, okay but the exception will never make the rule, As for the fact you drink alcohol, I ask, so what? Alcoholic drink sucks, but I do not give a damn who likes to drink this garbage, everyone knows about you, as for the recliner, I would like to have one, but when you said that I was a sexist, you also forgot to Call me racist and homophobic. :ksc75smile:
50304d1385138410t-fanboys_everywhere.jpg

Dec 18, 2017 at 9:55 AM Post #263 of 396
Did I mention that I love how, the headphone that is mentioned in the title of this thread, sounds?
:beerchug:

Dec 18, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #264 of 396
I would think the HA2 will be able to drive the EL-8 without any issue since the EL-8 is quite efficient.

I think its a good thing that Tyll keeps using the same tracks since this gives all his reviews a constant point of reference and why would an individual like me for example evaluate a headphone with rap or metal when I don't listen to the genre? A headphone may do great with those genres but if I mainly listen to classical or jazz I couldn't care less that it sound good with rap and metal since I never listen to those genres.
I listen to Jazz, Rock, Pop, Rap, Classical, Opera(love Verdi and Puccini) Electronica, Alternative, Folk, Country, Blasmusik, Chorus and more Genres. A good headphone must do them all, as I only have one hearing system, that need to do it all, my ears. I only listen to music, that I like. So I like a lot of music.

Dec 18, 2017 at 11:08 AM Post #265 of 396
I listen to Jazz, Rock, Pop, Rap, Classical, Opera(love Verdi and Puccini) Electronica, Alternative, Folk, Country, Blasmusik, Chorus and more Genres. A good headphone must do them all, as I only have one hearing system, that need to do it all, my ears. I only listen to music, that I like. So I like a lot of music.
And for that you only use the HD 660 S ?

Dec 18, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #266 of 396
Since I have it, yes up to 90%. To me it is THE HEADPHONE.

Dec 18, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #268 of 396

And for that you only use the HD 660 S ?

If we are dealing with a device made to recreate recorded sound waves, vibrations, it makes total sense that one pair should suffice as the system doesn’t care if you’re replaying guitar and drum solos, a full symphony orchestra or crickets chirping on the Sierra but this whole hobby IMHO has become overly romanticized and manufacturers are more than willing to comply.

I’m sort of like pietcux…my music spans quite a few gauntlets so in one sitting I could be listening to a string quartet from György Ligeti, throw on some nice German Opera by Rammstein : ), followed up by Feist, jazz with Anthony Braxton…and chill out with the Infected Mushrooms and the Chemical Brothers…and later on watch a movie.

To look at it another way....when I was monitoring my recordings in the studio it would have been considered ludicrous to change headphones for different types of music...

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #269 of 396
If we are dealing with a device made to recreate recorded sound waves, vibrations, it makes total sense that one pair should suffice as the system doesn’t care if you’re replaying guitar and drum solos, a full symphony orchestra or crickets chirping on the Sierra but this whole hobby IMHO has become overly romanticized and manufacturers are more than willing to comply.

I’m sort of like pietcux…my music spans quite a few gauntlets so in one sitting I could be listening to a string quartet from György Ligeti, throw on some nice German Opera by Rammstein : ), followed up by Feist, jazz with Anthony Braxton…and chill out with the Infected Mushrooms and the Chemical Brothers…and later on watch a movie.

To look at it another way....when I was monitoring my recordings in the studio it would have been considered ludicrous to change headphones for different types of music...
In fact a device does not care, but they are not the same, some were made to provide different sensations, some are better for rock, some for classical music, some for EDM and so on, so I think it's worth having more than one, do not have to be many, maybe two or three, that would be the right amount for me.

Dec 18, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #270 of 396
In fact a device does not care, but they are not the same, some were made to provide different sensations, some are better for rock, some for classical music, some for EDM and so on, so I think it's worth having more than one, do not have to be many, maybe two or three, that would be the right amount for me.
Even the Sony Z1r has to play all of my collection and does it well. The HD660S is the open alternative, since I want to be aware of my surroundings acoustically most of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back