MEElectronics M6 were a disaster! (short review)
Oct 17, 2012 at 3:45 AM Post #16 of 21
Quote:
Here my friend. They are original MK II. Mine arrived yesterday,, it's all good.. Seven days total to my door from China to Australia using EMS shipping with tracking. You even get an included letter from the seller wishing yourself and the family the best. It's all good through this guy. It says standard postage but he will send them EMS Express.

I'm absolutely loving mine, and I've come from TF10 and Yamaha EPH-100.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/110898125176?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Hello again!
How is the noise isolation with the GR07's?
The HF5's seem to offer some serious isolation which is a necessity for me! I'm only worried about the frequency response of the HF5's - they seem to stop at 16kHz. Does this mean nothing over 16kHz gets through? I know that frequencies above 16kHz are not critical when listening but all the same, I can still hear up to 19.2 kHz!

The GR07's look amazing however I'm still drawn to the HF5's - what should I do now?
blink.gif

Cheers!

Apr 21, 2013 at 3:04 AM Post #17 of 21
Here is the reply....
blink.gif

Get the Hf5's if you cant afford the GR07's.

I am a happy HF5 user now for about 3 months.
L3000.gif
( there isn't a smiley that featured HF5's)
I have pretty much got the sound I was looking for. Nice and smooth lows clear highs but perhaps slightly harsh in the upper mids. One touch on the EQ sorted that out. I am very pleased with the sound isolation - great on bus journeys!

Cheers!
basshead.gif

Apr 21, 2013 at 10:19 AM Post #18 of 21
Get yourself a Sony MH1C. Its performs exceptional for its 20-30$ price tag and surely is a competitor for 100-150$ IEM's. TF 10 performs like 15-20% better for me than MH1C, but surely doesnt justify the massive price difference. Its Fit may not be for everyone, but I seriously like the flat and the J-Shaped design of MH1C. I am experiencing excellent isolation and comfort with the stock tips. Much better than the stiffy fit of TF10..I use Comply T-400, but I prefer MH1C comfort a lot better..

Meelectronics M6 isnt bad anyway. I do think it doesnt fit you well. I changed a lot of tips before coming into the stock triple flange tips which used to give me unbeatable isolation and comfort. It does things well when perfectly fitted. Its punchy bass is awesome which only comes through good fit. Mids and Soundstage is decent for its price. Highs arent great, but it does fit well for R&B. The reviews are right for those, but fitting them perfectly is a big pain..

Apr 21, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #19 of 21
Quote:
Get yourself a Sony MH1C. Its performs exceptional for its 20-30$ price tag and surely is a competitor for 100-150$ IEM's. TF 10 performs like 15-20% better for me than MH1C, but surely doesnt justify the massive price difference. Its Fit may not be for everyone, but I seriously like the flat and the J-Shaped design of MH1C. I am experiencing excellent isolation and comfort with the stock tips. Much better than the stiffy fit of TF10..I use Comply T-400, but I prefer MH1C comfort a lot better..

Meelectronics M6 isnt bad anyway. I do think it doesnt fit you well. I changed a lot of tips before coming into the stock triple flange tips which used to give me unbeatable isolation and comfort. It does things well when perfectly fitted. Its punchy bass is awesome which only comes through good fit. Mids and Soundstage is decent for its price. Highs arent great, but it does fit well for R&B. The reviews are right for those, but fitting them perfectly is a big pain..

Hello!

I tried two pairs of the M6 earphones along with 10 different types tips for them. I got them to fit me perfectly but I still didn't like them.
The M6's were about the 8th pair of earphones I have tried. I just found that the sound to me was terrible - no offence!
I am a classical pianist and working in a couple of studios so listening to me is critical.
My hearing is very sensitive. I thankfully have a very good range of hearing which I think is significant considering I listen to quite a lot of EDM besides classical music. (and no, that's not tinnitus although I do get that on occasion)
confused_face.gif

I only use headphones at home and (when required) in the studio.

Just needed acceptable something for "on the go" listening.
The M6's were very comfy. I just recoiled slightly when listening to them without drastic EQ.
biggrin.gif

In the near future after some saving, it won't be an issue to spend some money on a decent pair of IEM's.
I have just about had enough of all the claims about other cheaper earphones which are said to be of the same, or similar quality as more expensive brands.

I do not think that I will ever be convinced that there is such a thing as a "cheap" IEM that delivers to critical listeners.
Are you absolutely sure that the Sony MH1C is comparable to the Etymotic HF5?
popcorn.gif

Thanks for the reply!

Apr 22, 2013 at 1:17 PM Post #20 of 21
Its not at all comparable to HF5 since they two have vastly different sound signatures. HF5 being analytical and MH1C being warm+sweet. If you like bass, dont ever buy HF5, it has almost 0 bass, but has excellent highs. But, I dont like treble at all and MH1C just fits the bill for me perfectly. It has excellent mids and lows are deep and punchy. Its just a fun type signature just like TF10 and a bit like GR07.

I mean comparable in the sense of comparing with same sound signature IEM's in the 100~150$ range, i.e TF10, GR07 etc..Refer to comparision thread of ClieOS. Its VERY important to get to know your required sound signature and buying one as per your needs. I tried my friends HF5 and never ever went for analytical signatures after that. Its just not for my musical preference.  Punchy Bass, Good Instrument seperation and clean mids is my preference for which TF10 and MH1C suits perfectly.

May 27, 2014 at 4:19 AM Post #21 of 21
I wouldnt put much weight in what people say, based on opinions of others I went and bought some JH7's for $800 at the time and ive never felt more ripped of in my life. To my ears they really had no musical depth and a very tiring sound indeed and I put most of their good points down to the custom molds with a perfect seal.

Ive heard $30 earbuds with a better stereo field and bottom end.

Supposedly they are very good iem's but arent remotely in the same league as $100 pair of HD280's.

I guess everyone hears sound differently and as such opinions will only get you so far unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back