MEElectronics M6 Review
Jun 1, 2010 at 6:16 PM Post #211 of 563
That's really a shame if they really aren't the same. I thought of buying the maroon ones but though "Well, gonna give the extra dollars and get the newer ones, they should be better". I guess i was wrong :/

Jun 1, 2010 at 7:18 PM Post #212 of 563

Quote:
That's really a shame if they really aren't the same. I thought of buying the maroon ones but though "Well, gonna give the extra dollars and get the newer ones, they should be better". I guess i was wrong :/

I have had both. They sound the same to me. I will say that the sound does change a bit with burn in. They will "smooth" out a bit and the bass with become a little more controlled. Maybe the people saying the new style was a bit more harsh didn't give them enough time to burn it.

Jun 1, 2010 at 8:10 PM Post #213 of 563

Quote:

The new ones are better. Sound quality isn't the only factor when it comes to IEMs. The new M6 are built better, come with better accessories, and most importantly are completely free of microphonics. The old version is reported to be a cable noise nightmare. A lack of microphonics translates into a de facto, yet very real improvement in sound quality on the go.

Jun 1, 2010 at 8:29 PM Post #214 of 563

Quote:
I have had both. They sound the same to me. I will say that the sound does change a bit with burn in. They will "smooth" out a bit and the bass with become a little more controlled. Maybe the people saying the new style was a bit more harsh didn't give them enough time to burn it.

Both at once?  I have both now.  I A/B them,they sound different to me

Quote:
The new ones are better. Sound quality isn't the only factor when it comes to IEMs. The new M6 are built better, come with better accessories, and most importantly are completely free of microphonics. The old version is reported to be a cable noise nightmare. A lack of microphonics translates into a de facto, yet very real improvement in sound quality on the go.

Outside of the microphonics,do you hear any other differences.

Jun 2, 2010 at 3:45 AM Post #215 of 563

Quote:

Probably my problem, i will give them more time and try them out again. Its just more noticeable when i'm listening to metal with the guitar riffs. 

Quote:

I can attest do that. The build quality on these is AWESOME! The tips are pretty good too. I use them alot for workout and they work wonderfully. I will burn them in more and see where it goes. They only have around 15-20h of music at normal levels so it isn't enough i guess. And maybe i'm spoiled by the ultra smooth RE0 :p

Jun 2, 2010 at 3:33 PM Post #216 of 563

Quote:

Both at once?  I have both now.  I A/B them,they sound different to me

Yes. The microphonics is an issue with the original. I usually recomend to anyone to get the new improved one unless they say the limit is $30. Even then, I let them know MEE often has sales and the new version will drop down to around that price. And I do have both and as long as I'm not moving around, they sound the same to me.

Jun 2, 2010 at 3:34 PM Post #217 of 563
Try getting some sony hybrid EX-EX10A tips for the M6. They offer a modest improvement in SQ, are more comfortable, and the better seal means slightly better noise attenuation. None of the benefits are anything to write home about, but taken all together -and considering the hybrids last a long time (as opposed to complys) - they are worth another $10.

Jun 2, 2010 at 5:16 PM Post #218 of 563

Quote:
Try getting some sony hybrid EX-EX10A tips for the M6. They offer a modest improvement in SQ, are more comfortable, and the better seal means slightly better noise attenuation. None of the benefits are anything to write home about, but taken all together -and considering the hybrids last a long time (as opposed to complys) - they are worth another $10.

I thought about that. I almost bought them, but do they fit on the M6 tube? The hole in the tips is much smaller than the diameter of the tube.

Jun 4, 2010 at 5:44 PM Post #220 of 563
^+1

The great thing about the hybrids, at least in my experience, is that the colored core of each one if very, very resilient.  I've gotten them to stretch over M6 posts as well as larger ones like the M9 just fine.

I also agree with people's comments that the M6's sound is good, but the isolation is just okay.  If your ears are like mine, then you'll likely not get a perfect seal, but they're far from uncomfortable or listenable.  I always carry these with me wherever I go, so take that as a testament to their overall quality :)

Jun 5, 2010 at 2:19 PM Post #221 of 563
M6 isolation is alright. Just average.

Im using the old M6 coppers and i have zero microphonics. i actually quite like the coppers, except they are oxidising so its kinda greenish. Was hoping that it will oxidise equally so the effect will be kind of nice but it didnt so there.

My impression is that they are SO BRIGHT, so SPARKLY SPARKLY that its actually tiring to listen to. Great fun, but not for too long. Its the first earphone i had that can tire me out. Which is not a bad thing, but i only wish i could wear it for longer periods.

Oh yeah and the brightness of the earphone actually makes the mids sound a bit radioish in a very nice way. Vocals are not the strong point of the M6s though.

Jun 22, 2010 at 4:08 PM Post #222 of 563
Has anyone experience M6's one side's volume being slightly louder than the other?
Not sure if mine is defective, or just my ear going bad after wearing bluetooth headset on one ear for too long....
Never noticed it with other IEMs....

Jun 22, 2010 at 5:36 PM Post #223 of 563

Quote:
Has anyone experience M6's one side's volume being slightly louder than the other?
Not sure if mine is defective, or just my ear going bad after wearing bluetooth headset on one ear for too long....

Yes, I had the same problem: it was a tip problem. I was using the smallest ones (usually, the size that fits me) but since the phones somewhat "force" the insertion position, my left ear has a different amount of seal. I changed the tips and with the largest ones the problem dissappeared.

Of course, you may have a faulty pair. If you can give the phones to other person to test if they problem is in your ears or in the phones, you can contact Meelec afterwards in case they're faulty. I'm sure they will fix the issue.

Jun 23, 2010 at 11:41 AM Post #225 of 563

Quote:

It happens sometimes with universal IEMs, just because not all ears fit the given tips perfectly. It happens with my hippo VBs. What I do is use my player's pan/balance to counteract this problem. You don't need alot, for me just 4% to the right balances them. YYMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back