MEElectronics M6 Review
Jun 24, 2010 at 1:09 PM Post #226 of 563

I have the same problem on my second pair of M6.  However, they seem to get better as I'm breaking them in.

Quote:
Has anyone experience M6's one side's volume being slightly louder than the other?
Not sure if mine is defective, or just my ear going bad after wearing bluetooth headset on one ear for too long....
Never noticed it with other IEMs....

Jun 24, 2010 at 4:12 PM Post #227 of 563
With my ear shape, getting a good seal is not as easy with the M6 as other IEMs.  My left ear is tougher to get right and the sound is affected.  I have the same problem with IEMs that have longer/wide sound tubes.  Had a similar issue with UE Super.Fi

Comply foam tips seem to be the easiest, with silicone tips I have to mess with it a little more but when I get it right, they sound pretty good.

Jun 25, 2010 at 1:16 AM Post #228 of 563

Quote:
I have the same problem on my second pair of M6.  However, they seem to get better as I'm breaking them in.

How much better did they get?
I think the frequency response are also different between the two sides of mine, not just volume.  They just sound different, as if I am listening to different phones....

Jun 25, 2010 at 1:38 AM Post #229 of 563

Quote:

How much better did they get?
I think the frequency response are also different between the two sides of mine, not just volume.  They just sound different, as if I am listening to different phones....

I experienced the same problem at first out of the box.  I set them aside and burned them in for almost 2 days.  No problems anymore.  In fact, EQ'd they synergize well with the Clip+ which was my intent.  They sound even better with a small Fiio amp (E3 in this case, should have got the E5 for the clip).  Funny how these $17 phone like a little more juice than the Clip has.  Explains why my Monster MD's sounded so uninspiring w/ the Clip.

Jun 25, 2010 at 1:42 AM Post #230 of 563
Just saw ur post.  I listened them during my workout today and notice the volume difference is definitely much less.  I probably put in about 30 hours so far on the earphones.  As far as frequency response they are the same for me. 

Jun 27, 2010 at 7:15 PM Post #234 of 563
If it's any help, I easily ditched the SF3 for the Nuforce NE-7M close to a year ago, and I think the M6 sounds even better than the NE-7M does.

Jun 27, 2010 at 8:55 PM Post #236 of 563

Quote:
If it's any help, I easily ditched the SF3 for the Nuforce NE-7M close to a year ago, and I think the M6 sounds even better than the NE-7M does.

I was going to ask you, but didn't see the sf3 listed under your reviewed iems. That's good to know, I figured since the sf3 were regular $100, they were better... but the sale ended anyway. Wish the m6 had replacable cables though :frowning2:

Jun 28, 2010 at 1:01 AM Post #238 of 563

Nice to see that it would get better after break in.  I got mine last week and first time using it saturday and the left side was a lot louder, specially the bass it was unbearable to listen to,  I have been breaking it in as I type, will listen to it again tomorrow.
Quote:

Jun 28, 2010 at 1:47 AM Post #239 of 563
^The effect of physical burn in is debatable. Suffice to say they won't change much. What matters more is "brain burn in." Instead of hooking them up and letting them play, try actually listening to them for a few days. Let yourself get accustomed to the sound signature. Then you can decide whether the m6 are for you.

Many a headfier gave up on a perfectly good set of phones for lack of patience.

Jun 28, 2010 at 2:47 AM Post #240 of 563
I used the M6 for several days after purchase and there was a harshness to the treble that made them almost painful to listen to, and the bass was a bit loose. That was the first time I tried burning in IEMs. I expected nothing. 20 hours of pink noise later and it was night and day. Harshness faded drastically, bass tightened.. I know the brain will adjust in order mitigate/correct sensory input (which is why it's good to give them time), but that sort of acclimation is generally gradual. The burn-in change was acute. Also I could be nuts. Anyhoo, they can still be a bit aggressive for me at times, but as others have pointed out, they have a particular talent for techno. (I do wish the bass had a bit more impact, though)

I cross-train in them and they are exceptional for activity. They aren't going anywhere; in fact taking them out is a bit of a hassle. When someone's talking to you, you can't just pop one out for a couple seconds and put it back in like a barrel IEM; it's a minor production.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back