MEElectronics M6 Review
Apr 6, 2010 at 9:08 AM Post #181 of 563
thanks for the pics.
Is the shirtclip removable?
Has the 2 cables bit under the chin got a slider which I find very useful for fixing the cable when doing sports?

Apr 6, 2010 at 2:41 PM Post #184 of 563
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Meelec is now shipping the third-gen M6 with the copper memory wire replaced by a steel one. Tried to take a picture of it:

meelecm6steelwire.jpg

The steel wire is thinner and much more flexible than the copper one used previously. I don't think this set will need to be mutilated for easy fitting. Shouldn't oxidize with time, either. I think it's a step in the right direction, though I'd still prefer no wire at all.

Also, here's a pic of the M6 with Monster trip-flanges. Brain-ticklingly long but they're soft and very secure on the nozzle.

meelecm6.jpg

they really are terribly pretty arent they

Apr 6, 2010 at 5:57 PM Post #185 of 563
I plan on ordering the maroon M6's on MEE's site (they're an older version but are on sale). What is the difference between these and the newer version?

Sorry to ask this but I can't find the original posting that addressed this. Shoulda bookmarked it, I know!
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 6, 2010 at 6:19 PM Post #186 of 563
Quote:

Originally Posted by Whalesha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I plan on ordering the maroon M6's on MEE's site (they're an older version but are on sale). What is the difference between these and the newer version?

Sorry to ask this but I can't find the original posting that addressed this. Shoulda bookmarked it, I know!
smily_headphones1.gif

I bought the maroon set on sale too. There was a coupon that I don't think works anymore. It brought the price down to $26 shipped.
beerchug.gif

I asked them when I called what the difference was. The man I talked to said it was just the cable.

Apr 6, 2010 at 7:02 PM Post #187 of 563
Thanks, Painful Chafe! I think the maroon ones look terrific as-is, and though the coupon doesn't work anymore, I'm still going to get them at the current on-site price. I just hope they're still available by next payday (15th)
biggrin.gif

Apr 7, 2010 at 3:29 PM Post #189 of 563
You're not paying $20 for the stainless steel design. The maroon one is now two generations old and doesn't have the clear cable at all, steel wire or not. You're paying for the much nicer cable first and foremost. If you plan to use them while moving about a lot, I'd pay the premium just to get rid of cable noise. Otherwise, not so much.

Apr 7, 2010 at 4:03 PM Post #190 of 563
Quote:

Originally Posted by Whalesha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, Painful Chafe! I think the maroon ones look terrific as-is, and though the coupon doesn't work anymore, I'm still going to get them at the current on-site price. I just hope they're still available by next payday (15th)
biggrin.gif

Coupon code SPECIAL_SAVINGS works on the maroon M6 to save an additional $6.00.. The price after coupon is applied is $23.99 + shipping.. Coupon expires April 19th according to the Meelec facebook page..

The coupon also saves $10 off the M9's and regular priced M6's..

Apr 7, 2010 at 5:21 PM Post #191 of 563
Quote:

Originally Posted by FSNDET /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Coupon code SPECIAL_SAVINGS works on the maroon M6 to save an additional $6.00.. The price after coupon is applied is $23.99 + shipping.. Coupon expires April 19th according to the Meelec facebook page..

The coupon also saves $10 off the M9's and regular priced M6's..

Thanks! That means I am probably going to add in the M9's to my order as well
smily_headphones1.gif
Come on payday!

Apr 7, 2010 at 5:31 PM Post #192 of 563
it seems generally agreed that the clear is nicer looking than the black. If used for sports (sweat) will the clear shell keep its good looks or would the black be more sweat resistant?

Apr 16, 2010 at 2:11 AM Post #193 of 563
I ordered and received the maroon M6's (two generations old) about a week ago, paid $29 on MEElectronics website. I have been looking for a reasonable great sounding pair of earphones for a few months, returning a few other brands I ordered on Amazon, I opened the MEElectronic M6 package, got the iPod out, started playing Cyclone (Baby Bash) and WOW, exactly what I was looking for!!! These phones sound great right out of the box... The medium silicone tips came on the M6's and fit my ears with a great seal. The bass was great, so were the highs. I have tried a few earphones lately but the bass was not there. I actually burnt-in these M6's with 20 minutes of pink noise (20 min) followed by a few minutes of silence throughout a few nights, each morning they sound better although they sounded great right out of the box... The package also came with the hard-cover carrying case, airplane plug, a set of small and large silicone tips and a pair of rubbery medium tips (like the olives) but these did not seal my ears as good as the silicone medium tips... The memory wire was just fine, takes some adjusting, but once it's set it's no bother to me, leaving mine on.

I told my wife, you got to hear these earphones, she wanted to steal them right away, so it looks like I will need another pair soon, so should I order the new-gen ones? They do look nice, but I prefer the non-clear ones... I already know what I'm buying my daughter for her 18th birthday in Judy, some M6's, she will enjoy them in college... MEElectronics, I'm a fan! If you are looking for a reasonable great sounding earphones then order some of these M6's, they do not disappoint!!!!

Apr 21, 2010 at 6:45 PM Post #194 of 563
My maroon M6 (two generations old like dwix_ags') and silver M9's arrived on Monday from MEElectronics. The shipping from California to Seattle was only about three days, including processing time.

Such fantastic sound right off the bat! It was so refreshing to just pop them in and immediately enjoy the sound quality. I can't wait to hear how the sound evolves over time and usage.

The printing on the sides of my M6 has rubbed off, which I thought was actually neat in a way. I like giving good companies their props, but I do also like having the stylish, rich maroon color of the M6's shine through, too
smily_headphones1.gif
They remind me of the shiny, dark seeds in sampaloc (dried tamarind sweets coated in salt or sugar - yum!).

The M9's are also wonderful. I can't believe these two share the same drivers! The M9, as others have said, have more bass oomph than the M6, but I wouldn't say either one is necessarily better than the other. If anything, I think people should consider getting both if it is within their budget. The M6 is now my IEM for listening with a more relaxed, yet rich experience (working, reading, chillling out) while the M9 is great for walking outside and riding the bus for when I need a little oomph. If any of you are DJ Max Portable players like me (excellent rhythm music game for the PSP and PC), you'll be happy to know that both work well with the game, and the details come out pretty good for each song. My Koss Portapros are still my preferred DJ Max listening equipment hands-down, but these IEMs hold their own just fine.

So, my compliments to MEElectronics for their prompt service, great coupon sale and of course, excellent products. Also, thanks to all of you for sharing your experience with the M6's and M9's!

Apr 21, 2010 at 6:49 PM Post #195 of 563
After about 100 hours of listening and 50 hours of pink noise I can say the bass is still very present, but more refined. Before it had a tendency to be a little boomy and getting in the way. Now it is well behaved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back