MEElectronics M6 Review
Apr 28, 2010 at 4:44 AM Post #199 of 563
The maroon (old cable) ones are $29.99 currently, but if you use this (MOM_M6_41_GIFT) coupon code, you can get the clear/black updated cable version for $29.49+ shipping, as well as a free USB car charger.

Apr 29, 2010 at 11:05 AM Post #201 of 563
How do these compare to Sennheiser's CX400-II and the V-Moda Vibe? Are these an improvement over those? Has anyone compared them?

I somewhat enjoy the sound of the CX400-II but the v-moda's highs and mids are just terrible to my ears, they seem very recessed and lack definition, the bass is ok.

May 2, 2010 at 9:35 AM Post #202 of 563
Hopefully the bass cleans up and the highs open up after burning in, if so these will be great.

The m9's are also pretty good out of the box, not as good as the m6 probably, but a lot different sounding.

May 13, 2010 at 5:08 PM Post #203 of 563
Is there less bass or more mid to high frequency with the new version of the M6. Or is it just me?

Jun 1, 2010 at 10:14 AM Post #204 of 563

Quote:
Is there less bass or more mid to high frequency with the new version of the M6. Or is it just me?

I feel this!

I never tried out the old version or any other meelec product but my M6 seem a little too aggressive on the mid to high frequencies. They do not feel bass heavy or warm and on some music styles they are just painful to listen to (metal for examplo). The mids are very loud and i can't find a good volume to listen to them. Either they are too loud or i can't hear the bass and highs enough.

I would like to know more about this, if i have a defective pair or if they really changed. Mine are the newer ones in clear and they seem to have gotten "worse" with use.

Jun 1, 2010 at 11:07 AM Post #205 of 563
I doubt that meelelec have changed the driver. When the old one worked so well there's little reason to change it, especially not so soon. For myself, I found the M6 an enjoyable listen. Personally, I did find them a little too warm for my taste, and the highs lacked a bit of sparkle, but it wasn't a serious issue. Mids were just a touch recessed as well (no idea how you find them loud). A bit of tweaking with the EQ and they sounded like a completely different phone. Well worth the money IMO.

Jun 1, 2010 at 12:57 PM Post #206 of 563
Mids on the M6? Loud? You kidding me!

The mids are quite recessed on he M6. They are however VERY bright! The sound is just really sparkly sparkly. Fantastic to listen for a limited time period, maybe 3 hours? But it gets tiring after awhile because of all the sparkly but they still sound mighty good.

Jun 1, 2010 at 1:03 PM Post #207 of 563
Well maybe is that...

Because the "real" mids are a bit recessed (voices, guitars, etc) I punch up the volume a bit to ear them more and then enters the "sparkly sparkly" which makes them sound very loud and painful.

Jun 1, 2010 at 3:21 PM Post #208 of 563
Might I recommend an equalizer? It really does wonders for minor problems like these. I'm not sure how good it is on the iphone, but it doesn't hurt to try. Although after using rockbox for a bit, there really isn't any going back for me.

Jun 1, 2010 at 3:54 PM Post #209 of 563
It's an idea but i think it won't matter much with my "problem". I can equalize down but the sparkle will still be there. The equalizer on the iPhone is non-existant (only presets). I had Rockbox on my iPod but i felt it degraded the sound quality somehow. Maybe it was my fault, changed the sound settings too much haha

I'm burning them in now for more time (hadn't really burned them in that much, maybe 15-20 hours or so).

Jun 1, 2010 at 5:14 PM Post #210 of 563

Quote:
I feel this!

I never tried out the old version or any other meelec product but my M6 seem a little too aggressive on the mid to high frequencies. They do not feel bass heavy or warm and on some music styles they are just painful to listen to (metal for examplo). The mids are very loud and i can't find a good volume to listen to them. Either they are too loud or i can't hear the bass and highs enough.

I would like to know more about this, if i have a defective pair or if they really changed. Mine are the newer ones in clear and they seem to have gotten "worse" with use.

I sent a pair back, thinking they were defective but the replacement pair sounded the same. The M6(the copper memory wire) are definitely aggressive in the mid to high frequencies at least more than the M6 (stainless wire),m9 and m2. If you need more bass use an eq or try different tips. The tri-flange tips from koss will tame the mid to high frequencies. Cut the bottom flange that will leave you with two separate tips the try.  Or try any tips you have.

To the members,who says the mids are recessed what version do you have the stainless or the copper memory wire?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back