MEElectronics "M What?" Promotion
Aug 11, 2010 at 10:18 AM Post #136 of 179
They finally got to Italy, but I am really quite disappointed 
frown.gif
I got a M9 an M6P

Aug 12, 2010 at 11:51 AM Post #138 of 179
I had the regular M9 and it had both of those.

I took my M9s out jogging yesterday; at one point I had to take them out and put them back in because someone was asking me a question. Well, when I put them back in, sweat got on the filter and totally cut the sound from that side! I guess I'll be using the Super.Fi 2s again for workouts. :frowning2:

Aug 13, 2010 at 9:35 AM Post #139 of 179
Received my shipment for 2 "M What?" order today. Pulled out a silver M9 out of the bag. Not bad. A replacement for the silver I handed down. Now I have a black and a silver. Wasn't really expecting anything other than another M9. Hopefully not an M9P. When I pulled out the second one, I wasn't aware that M9 shares the same box as the M6. Woot!
Too bad it's the clear version. The black one would be nicer. Still, an M9 and an M6 for less than an M6. Will order from MEElec again.

Aug 13, 2010 at 7:57 PM Post #142 of 179
I actually managed to order two "Random Earphone Mystery Bags" today, even if the promotion was advertised to last only until aug 2nd. I got an email saying that the orders have shipped, so I have two lottery tickets.

Maybe a gift to somebody or maybe I'll get lucky and get to test two different models.

The M9 is currently listed as $29.99, and I think $19 is a good price anyhow.

Aug 14, 2010 at 1:03 PM Post #143 of 179

Quote:
Does the M6 have the same sound signature as the M9? Also, how is the durability?

You'll find info on this in the Multi IEM Review, where ljokerl says:

Build Quality (4.5/5) – While the old version had known build issues, the new M9s are very solidly constructed out of metal.

Sound (5.5/10) – The M9 share their general signature with the Meelec M6, which happen to be my favorites from the entire Meelectronics lineup. The soundstage is fairly wide and they sound quite airy – much more so than the top-of-the-range M11. They have great extension at the top end and very strong bass. The bass is sometimes excessive in quantity and tends towards ‘boomy’. The mids are slightly recessed and a bit dry, just like the M6. Though clarity is great all-around, they can be overwhelmed a tiny bit by busy tracks and there is some upper-end harshness. Treble is strong and sparkly, boasting surprising detail and extension for a $20 earphone. Of note, the sound they put out is very fit-dependent; experimentation with different tips may be necessary to get the best out of them.

Value (9/10) – The sound of these is easily worth the price of admission. Clarity and detail are superb and the sound is more airy than any of Meelec’s other models. It’s very hard to compete with the detail these are capable of producing at such a low price point. Meelectroncs’ excellent customer service deserves a nod here too.

The M6 gets a sound-rating of 6,5:

Despite sharing a basic signature with the Meelec M9, the M6 are superior in every way except airiness. They just don’t sound as breathy as the M9. They are, however, more detailed and have good extension on both ends. Soundstage and positioning are good for the price. Clarity across the range is also impressive, with decent bass control and crystal-clear sparkle at the top of the range.

Nov 24, 2010 at 3:14 PM Post #146 of 179
What a deal! The only one i dont want to get are the R1
biggrin.gif
because joker doesnt give them high grade.
I dont know about you guys but through head-fi  i see daily DEALS! and i cant control my self. I have the brainwavz M1 on the way, but isnt this a fantastic deal?

P.S they say, will ship a gift with the iems. Do you think its a ferrari? or a sennheiser HD800?

EDIT: i made a mistake, they dont ship a gift with the offer. This is what the said in their facebook page.

Quote:
“No additional free gift will be shipped with the M What? promotion. It was an editing oversight as we decided to offer a lower price on the M What? instead of a free gift.”

Nov 24, 2010 at 3:22 PM Post #147 of 179
The R1 has been revised recently and I'm sure Meelec is shipping the rev2 version with this deal. I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet but it should be a step in the right direction. If it's a bit less mushy than the old one it'll be a likable sort of sound.

Nov 24, 2010 at 3:56 PM Post #149 of 179

Quote:
I hope they did. Oh! i read somewhere that the iems with mic are prone to sound problems. Is this true?

Not unless your source is incompatible with the connector on mic'd earphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back