Mayberry's Trippin Balls: Fairfax, CA cross-coastal meet.
Feb 2, 2008 at 2:26 PM Post #17 of 246
Checking in. Still feeling bad that I couldn't make it (once again), but I eagerly await more stories.

Al, I wasn't able to send out the little surprise in time, but I have an idea and will contact you via pm.

Regards to all in CA.

Feb 2, 2008 at 8:48 PM Post #18 of 246
The meet is underway. Most gear is set up, and there are about 30 people here. Here, though, are pics from last night:

Wayne reads books of interest:

DSCN1059.jpg

NightWoundsTime drinking a little fire water:

DSCN1060.jpg

Thrice and agile_one eating Thai in Haight-Ashbury seems to have given the camera a bit of a buzz:

DSCN1067.jpg

Voltron shoes!!!

DSCN1069.jpg

Agile_one lounging in some bar with lots of loungers:

DSCN1071.jpg

tyrion messing with immtbiker's hair:

DSCN1073.jpg

There was no more room in the Odessy van, so Wmcmanus had to go in the cargo hold. He looked kinda cute when hitting those bumps SF streets provide:

DSCN1075.jpg

Music review: Vamire Weekend at Amoeba Records was pretentious bouncy stupid frathouse schlock. Wanted to smash a guitar on the singer's head.

Feb 2, 2008 at 8:54 PM Post #19 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wanted to smash a guitar on the singer's head.

That would be cool. And when asked later, you could just say it was performance art.

Feb 2, 2008 at 11:14 PM Post #20 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Music review: Vamire Weekend at Amoeba Records was pretentious bouncy stupid frathouse schlock. Wanted to smash a guitar on the singer's head.

Thanks for the recap. Sorry to hear that. That must not be your sound. You definitely wouldn't hear something like them at any frathouse around here. Only Pat Green, Robert Earl Keen, David Allen Coe, etc.

Looking forward to the reviews, especially the one on Lesbian Ethics.

Feb 3, 2008 at 3:21 AM Post #22 of 246
Rain, Rain, and more Rain! Thank God we have all these tubes burning to keep us warm. The warmth of the Head-Fi'ers here is also working. The Kentucky sippin whiskey could also be a factor. We witnessed Boomana (Queen of Head-Fi) receiving her tiara and royal cloak tonight. Long live the Queen! There is a wide range of headphones/amps and high end equipment here. This has been a great opportunity to test drive equipment that can not be found anywhere else together in one place other than a HF meet. Many thanks to Voltron for providing a warm home for us all to gather. Also many thanks to those who joined us from the east coast. No pics from me. I forgot my camera but there should be many forthcoming judging from all the flashes I experienced. Even as I type, the flashes from Iron Dreamer are hitting me.
eek.gif

Feb 3, 2008 at 4:46 AM Post #23 of 246
Definitely the best head-fi meet I've ever been! It is very relaxed and intimate, I can really calm down and listening to lots of gears as well as chating with fellow head-fiers. The ultra Hi-End gears are incredible, even more so than the San Jose Int'l Meet (at least per capita
biggrin.gif
)

Thanks so much for Voltron for hosting this meet ( all the drinks, snacks, and pizza)

more pictures to follow ...

IMG_0919.jpg

Feb 3, 2008 at 4:49 AM Post #24 of 246
Like the tiny little grains of sand in an hourglass, these are the days of our lives!

Good times...good tunes...good friends.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 3, 2008 at 4:55 AM Post #25 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, could one of you responsible folks as the robot if my package from NH arrived safe and sound?

And Mike, chew on this:

92400711.jpg

Nate, looks great!

It's 8:45 pm and the meet is still going strong.

MayberryOnAcid001.jpg

MayberryOnAcid004.jpg

MayberryOnAcid005.jpg

MayberryOnAcid008.jpg

MayberryOnAcid009.jpg

MayberryOnAcid010.jpg

MayberryOnAcid011.jpg

MayberryOnAcid012.jpg

MayberryOnAcid013.jpg

MayberryOnAcid014.jpg

MayberryOnAcid015.jpg

MayberryOnAcid016.jpg

MayberryOnAcid017.jpg

MayberryOnAcid018.jpg

MayberryOnAcid019.jpg

MayberryOnAcid020.jpg

MayberryOnAcid021.jpg

MayberryOnAcid022.jpg

MayberryOnAcid025.jpg

Feb 3, 2008 at 4:56 AM Post #26 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Like the tiny little grains of sand in an hourglass, these are the days of our lives!

Good times...good tunes...good friends.
smily_headphones1.gif

What a dweeb!
rolleyes.gif

Other than Aaron's last post and being crammed into the back of Al's minivan last night, I've been having a blast! I'd never admit it publicly, but that was me emitting some rather nasty beer farts in the van last night...

Feb 3, 2008 at 5:55 AM Post #30 of 246
THANKS VOLTRON!!!!

The greatest 'mini meet' of all time.

Pics to follow:

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back