Mayberry's Trippin Balls: Fairfax, CA cross-coastal meet.
Feb 1, 2008 at 6:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 246

NightWoundsTime

A nice hunk of young man
[size=large]Mayberry's Trippin Balls: Fairfax, CA Cross-Coastal Meet[/size]

That's right, the Florida crew has invaded lovely Fairfax. This infamous town we've known as "Mayberry on Acid" for the last few months has officially dropped a dose. Currently present in Voltron's gorgeous rustic home in the hills are myself, Tyrion, JP11801, WMcmanus, Queen Boomana, Agile_one, and Thrice. Oh and Voltron himself.

On the itenerary today is a massive International Meet planning session, to be followed by beer and some sort of entertainment.

There will be updates, for now just enjoy the pretty colors.

Feb 1, 2008 at 8:55 PM Post #2 of 246
Here are the first meet impressions that they couldn't figure out how to post a new thread from the airport.

Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stax start the show, though must suffer an ipod source.

DSCN1058.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think Matt left the airport to smoke a cigarette so no impression thread yet.
Here are some pics from the meet:

013-1.jpg

014-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

016-1.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjhatfield /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No vinyl rig? Pfft...
tongue.gif

Quote:

No vinyl you say

We just got it set up. We had to wait for security to bring us a table and then we had to set up the speakers, etc.:

DSC00275_0038.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That pic has Oz written all over it!
smily_headphones1.gif

I do sleepies now so I can get 4 hours sleep and wait 4 more for a plane if there are delays like today.
They are calling for freezing rain at 6 a.m. in NY and I'm leaving at 8.
De-ice the wings and release the hounds.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL, at first glance I thought this was another pic from the airport.
tongue.gif

OK, I need some sleep....

-Ed

Feb 1, 2008 at 9:32 PM Post #4 of 246
Subscribed.

I need lots of O2MK1 and O2MK2 and fake orpheus impressions. Also I need pictures with funny hats if you have any. If you don't then an object not intended to be used as a hat being used as a hat will suffice.

Or a funny robe.

Feb 2, 2008 at 12:50 AM Post #8 of 246
That's Nate in NH on the phone posing for a photo op. Please note the Pez with headphones breakfast, and Matt's uncanny likeness to a shaved cat.

That's all for now. Impressions to come from listening to O2MK2, HeAudio 1.2s, and 4070s, but probably not tonight. The guys are out picking up the second keg and Vampire Weekend is playing somewhere we're going if we make it.

Al let Thrice build a DIY fire
eek.gif

Feb 2, 2008 at 12:53 AM Post #9 of 246
Isn't seeing this much fun occurring during other people's working hours,
"a cruel and unusual punishment",
or just a violation of the U.N charter on Human Rights?

In any event - carry on chaps, and chapess!

Feb 2, 2008 at 2:25 AM Post #11 of 246
All those pics at the house and no one with cans on their head.... slackers.....

Feb 2, 2008 at 9:37 AM Post #13 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, could one of you responsible folks as the robot if my package from NH arrived safe and sound?

And Mike, chew on this:

92400711.jpg

AFter hitting ever over-crowded beer bar and blues joint in SF, we are safe and sound back in Mayberry. Only one or two lost soldiers along the way, but fortunately blessingx returned one of them right before crossing the GG Bridge. And yes, Nate, the package came to my office (this is New Mike, posing as Old Mike by the way) and we are happy to have it for tomorrow's festivities. Thanks much and we will hopefully be able to report on the gear and events in some coherent fashion tomorrow.

Good night for now . . .
cool.gif

Feb 2, 2008 at 1:42 PM Post #15 of 246
Quote:

And yes, Nate, the package came to my office (this is New Mike, posing as Old Mike by the way) and we are happy to have it for tomorrow's festivities. Thanks much and we will hopefully be able to report on the gear and events in some coherent fashion tomorrow.

Good night for now . . .
cool.gif

Thanks, New Mike. Just wanted to make sure that I hadn't sent it in vain. Looking forward to the impressions of all the gear, see if you can't get johnny#'s to buy something and break his New Years resolution.
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back