Mayberry's Trippin Balls: Fairfax, CA cross-coastal meet.
Feb 11, 2008 at 11:31 PM Post #241 of 246
He He, our Spanish brothers eat well indeed! Mmmm..... a nice dry Spanish wine compliments those dishes well also. That is some beautiful scenery from your window. I spent some time in Barcelona and Figueres. I visited Salvador Dalis Museum, in Figueres. An absolutely must see, experience. I had a Serrano sandwich in Barcelona, which was verrrry tasty. :wink: Edit: my version of Spanish(Mexicanos) did not translate properly in Barcelona. The taxi driver and I switched to sign language. :wink:

Feb 12, 2008 at 12:07 AM Post #242 of 246
Well, spanish jamón is one of the best things in the world. In my opinion, the best of the best delicatessen, specially the jamón ibérico de bellota. Probably not the same that you had in your sandwich, but who knows
smily_headphones1.gif

By the way, I went to Figueres too when I was in high school and of course visited the Dalí Museum. I have a good memory of the experience, though at this age I was more interested in girls than in art
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 12, 2008 at 12:30 AM Post #244 of 246
Quote:

Originally Posted by carlosgp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, spanish jamón is one of the best things in the world. In my opinion, the best of the best delicatessen, specially the jamón ibérico de bellota. Probably not the same that you had in your sandwich, but who knows
smily_headphones1.gif

By the way, I went to Figueres too when I was in high school and of course visited the Dalí Museum. I have a good memory of the experience, though at this age I was more interested in girls than in art
smily_headphones1.gif

Pata_jam%C3%B3n_serrrano.jpg

I LOVE this type of jamón, and ate more than my fair share when I travelled in the South from Sevilla to Cordoba to Grenada. Better than Italian prosciuto, IMHO.
icon10.gif

Feb 12, 2008 at 12:23 PM Post #246 of 246
Yep. Iberic ham is much better than prosciuto, it plays in another league entirely. The truth is that prosciuto in Spain is regarded as a low quality ham and almost nobody wants it. I like prosciuto for what it is, but I prefer a good jabugo pata negra 5 jotas without doubt
smily_headphones1.gif
. If you have not tried it, you would not believe how good it is. Yum!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back