Maverick Audio DAC/Amp
Mar 4, 2010 at 3:16 AM Post #1,291 of 2,660
Quote:

Originally Posted by sfrancis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It looks similar to this:

801-43-009-40-002000.JPG

The tail end that goes into PCB is not very long. Hold that piece while soldering is a little tricky but after a few try I manage to get it in.

I get that much but you are using it for the resistor? If so switching between high and low gain would be very easy.

Mar 4, 2010 at 3:30 AM Post #1,292 of 2,660
Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjikiran /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I get that much but you are using it for the resistor? If so switching between high and low gain would be very easy.

Yes, but this is not my idea. This is originally from bearmann (thanks!) and I saw it from Spanky's FAQ thread (thanks!). If you haven't seen that FAQ you should check it out.

I hope Ryan can add a gain switch in future generations as even switching resistor is not what you want to do on a daily basis -- for those who own both high impedance and low impedance headphones, e.g.

Mar 4, 2010 at 6:39 PM Post #1,293 of 2,660
Quote:

Originally Posted by sfrancis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, but this is not my idea. This is originally from bearmann (thanks!) and I saw it from Spanky's FAQ thread (thanks!). If you haven't seen that FAQ you should check it out.

I hope Ryan can add a gain switch in future generations as even switching resistor is not what you want to do on a daily basis -- for those who own both high impedance and low impedance headphones, e.g.

Making a H/L gain switch is not that difficult, hardest part is cutting a hole in the chassis to fit it.

Mar 5, 2010 at 5:27 AM Post #1,294 of 2,660
Hey guys i need some help.

Is anyone using the Optical toslink input on the d1?
i just bought a toslink cable and i have a adapter that came with my xonar dx that im using. and i stick that in my sound card and on the other end i get a red light comming out. I go to plug it into the back of the D1 input and it doesn't appear to fit in there snug or far enough to make a connection Is the input on the d1 a mini toslink or somthing? I have no experience with this type of cable so need some suggestions.

Mar 5, 2010 at 7:06 AM Post #1,295 of 2,660
Mar 5, 2010 at 3:05 PM Post #1,296 of 2,660
Mar 5, 2010 at 7:25 PM Post #1,298 of 2,660
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomy3555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Different jacks have different snap in pressure. My Maverick does not seem to
"Snap in" like the Zero or Compass, but it's not loose either. I just slide it in until the square part is not visible.

Hmmm, mine snaps in. My cable has a little ridge on it though. It doesn't snap in on the computer side though.

Mar 6, 2010 at 3:39 AM Post #1,299 of 2,660
HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more!

27631.jpg

3ft Cable or 1.5ft cable, forgot what link I posted.

Monoprice, best bang for your buck.

I use the coax-in, as for optical on the D1 I guess it depends on the cable. My optical cables have snapped in, especially to the extent that removing them makes my d1 slide if I don't apply a counter-force to the chassis. If anything I wish the coax-in was more snug than it is.

Mar 6, 2010 at 4:03 AM Post #1,300 of 2,660
I suspect asio4all does not reg the driver by ninjakiran as usb audio cos when I run foolbar with asio4all configure mav audio it doesn't lock it as with default usb audio device, thus other program can still output to maverick. So for xp setup, I am better with default driver in foolbar? And stick with only 48khz max?

Mar 6, 2010 at 8:11 AM Post #1,301 of 2,660
My digital music server (RWA-modded Olive Musica) has 75-ohm BNC coax output. What is the optimal way to hook it up to the Mav D1?

BNC to RCA cable?
BNC to BNC cable with RCA adapter?
optical?

Is the coax RCA input on the Mav D1 75-ohm?

Mar 6, 2010 at 10:07 AM Post #1,302 of 2,660
I pulled on my Toslink and the shielding pulled back, resulting in the fibre optic cable being pulled out as well. Sigh, I hope it works, otherwise it's another $50~ on a better cable.

EDIT: lol ebay has them for $5 xD

Mar 6, 2010 at 12:02 PM Post #1,303 of 2,660
Quote:

Originally Posted by Winebroker2000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My digital music server (RWA-modded Olive Musica) has 75-ohm BNC coax output. What is the optimal way to hook it up to the Mav D1?

BNC to RCA cable?
BNC to BNC cable with RCA adapter?
optical?

Is the coax RCA input on the Mav D1 75-ohm?

No. But, very, very few DACs actually have true 75 ohm input.

Whatever method is more convenient for you should work best. They should all sound the same.

Mar 6, 2010 at 5:41 PM Post #1,304 of 2,660
Just pulled off some major resistor-replacing!

Swapped R70 and R71 with 300ohm resistors.
Swapped R54 and R55 with 5.7Kohm resistors.
All swaps with DIP socket brackets!

Completely removed hum/noise from headphone out with my 64 ohm HD280 Pros!

Holy ****! It sounds soooooo good!

I'll post pics when I get access to my camera.

Mar 7, 2010 at 8:45 AM Post #1,305 of 2,660
Quote:

Originally Posted by weibby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hard to say which is a knock off when OEM is quite common.
Open up the D1 and the PSU has 翔升 on it, thats xiangsheng lol

I am pretty sure XS are still making the "New" D1 just as they built the first one. OEM is common worldwide so it is far from being a knock off. XS are benefiting from the Mav's popularity which is due to better support and better looks.. My silver XS is ugly...but my Playstation One is uglier. Both sound pretty good :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back