Maverick Audio DAC/Amp
Jun 26, 2010 at 8:59 AM Post #1,546 of 2,660
I honestly don't think its bit perfect at all, I think it changes to 16-bit 48khz with the driver but can't really tell whats going on with it.  It seems to be a limitation of some USB implementations. 

Thats why I use my sound card which can output any song 1:1 via digital output.

Jun 27, 2010 at 8:12 AM Post #1,547 of 2,660
I did it!!

I managed to switch the 2 opamps without breaking it. I'm so proud of myself. I do suggest they make those things 3 times the size they arennow, that would be much easier lol

The Dac one came out without a problem with pliers, the headphone one was stuck in there with one connector, managed to get it out (but the original one do is almost broken now...)

Anyhoo, the headphone out sounds better now, but still not perfect :p

Thanks for the help!

Jun 27, 2010 at 11:51 AM Post #1,548 of 2,660
hey, which opamps did you changed to?

Quote:
I did it!!

I managed to switch the 2 opamps without breaking it. I'm so proud of myself. I do suggest they make those things 3 times the size they arennow, that would be much easier lol

The Dac one came out without a problem with pliers, the headphone one was stuck in there with one connector, managed to get it out (but the original one do is almost broken now...)

Anyhoo, the headphone out sounds better now, but still not perfect :p

Thanks for the help!

Jun 27, 2010 at 7:45 PM Post #1,550 of 2,660
Hmm that is the most touted opamp combination. The only other way to improve the sound for the headphone out would be to use a better toslink/coaxial cable.

Nonetheless, mav d1's focus is on its dac. You can look forward to the upcoming headphone tube amplifier to compliment the mav d1 dac =)

I am looking forward to it as I too feel that the headphone amplifier is still inadequate.

Quote:
The LT1364CN8#PBF with the LM4562NA/NOPB

Jun 28, 2010 at 4:05 AM Post #1,551 of 2,660
Yes, I use the D1 as a DAC/Pre-amp. Perfect with all its different in- and outputs.
I never use the headphone out, but just wanted to try the mod. And it sounds better now anyway

I'm looking forward to the Mavaudio amplifier as well but I'm not sure yet how I'm going to convince the misses I need one :D
But I won't be buying one from the first production batch anyway, just like with the D1 i'm sure the 2nd batch will be better.

I ordered a mini Bravo V2 in the mean time to play with (only 21€).  :wink:

Jun 28, 2010 at 5:14 AM Post #1,552 of 2,660
haha i'm also curious about bravo amp! i don't know how well it will perform. factoring into the shipping fees as well as potential tube swapping i do think it will cost me quite a lot too.

let me know how does it work with mav d1!

Quote:
Yes, I use the D1 as a DAC/Pre-amp. Perfect with all its different in- and outputs.
I never use the headphone out, but just wanted to try the mod. And it sounds better now anyway

I'm looking forward to the Mavaudio amplifier as well but I'm not sure yet how I'm going to convince the misses I need one :D
But I won't be buying one from the first production batch anyway, just like with the D1 i'm sure the 2nd batch will be better.

I ordered a mini Bravo V2 in the mean time to play with (only 21€).  :wink:

Jun 30, 2010 at 8:12 AM Post #1,553 of 2,660
ok, I'll get back to you :wink:

Concerning the D1s succeeder, the tube amp: I read on Ryans blog he was going to start taking preorders at the end of this month but I haven't seen anything happening yet. Who's thinking of (pre)ordering the tube amp?

Jun 30, 2010 at 9:39 AM Post #1,554 of 2,660
I am thinking of pre-ordering the tube amp. Been waiting for its release for over 3 months. Perhaps he is delaying its debut for further improvement. =)

I have been scouting for a headphone amp to go with the maverick d1 for a long time. Had darkvoice 3322 and littledot tube mk iv in my sight but I wanted to see how the maverick tube amp would fare before pulling the trigger.

Considering the quality product of the maverick DAC as well as the complementary design, their headphone amp, if worthy, will be my first choice.

Ultrainferno, will you be preordering it?

Quote:
ok, I'll get back to you :wink:

Concerning the D1s succeeder, the tube amp: I read on Ryans blog he was going to start taking preorders at the end of this month but I haven't seen anything happening yet. Who's thinking of (pre)ordering the tube amp?

Jun 30, 2010 at 12:25 PM Post #1,555 of 2,660
As said above I don't think i will preorder one. I'll wait a bitt till after the tech guys on here got a hold of it, just to be sure. It's not that I need it immediately, my actual amp does a good job :wink:

Jun 30, 2010 at 6:57 PM Post #1,558 of 2,660

Quote:
So.....getting bit perfect audio using Foobar. Possible at 16/44.1 and 24/96? The posts about it were too confusing.

Quote:
Since I don't really want to read through the whole thread, which OPAs have been proven worthy in the D1? Is it possible to fit Audio-Gd HDAMs in there with extension cables?

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/470639/maverick-audio-tubemagic-d1-condensed-faq-and-info-thread/
HDAM's might be possible. I think someone used 1 in theirs, not sure if it was in the DAC or amp section. I think using one in the amp section should be pretty straight forward. The problem would be getting the cover back on as well as insulating the HDAM's.

Jun 30, 2010 at 7:47 PM Post #1,559 of 2,660
D'oh!
confused_face_2.gif

How does this sound with the DT880/600 ohm?

Jun 30, 2010 at 8:01 PM Post #1,560 of 2,660

Quote:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/470639/maverick-audio-tubemagic-d1-condensed-faq-and-info-thread/
HDAM's might be possible. I think someone used 1 in theirs, not sure if it was in the DAC or amp section. I think using one in the amp section should be pretty straight forward. The problem would be getting the cover back on as well as insulating the HDAM's.

Yeah, I was planning to do the plexiglass mod anyway (all sides), so I'll throw away the extension cables and just directly insert it into the socket. Using a dremel to make space for the HDAMs and I should be good to go. The stock OPAs are both dual, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back