Matrix Mini-i Pro Impressions?
Apr 22, 2014 at 5:05 AM Post #137 of 289
Mini-I and Mini-I Pro compared - Same contents, different ratings.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/matrix-mini-i-pro/reviews/10548

http://www.head-fi.org/products/matrix-mini-i-2014/reviews/10549

By the way, the delay on my review was that I received a Mini-I Pro that might have a faulty USB connection. I had trouble connecting the device and it wouldn't play high rate PCM (352.8 and 384) without stuttering. I asked others here as well as the USA distributor who also asked Matrix in China to try to replicate my problem and nobody could. I feel confident this is an isolated incident.

I have contacted MATRIX and they will release a new firmware very soon to fix the stuttering in high bitrate. All users should download the firmware from their website and fix the bug once release.

Apr 24, 2014 at 4:43 AM Post #141 of 289
Hope it fixed the stuttering sounds in high bitrate. The new firmware now support iPhone & iPad but need to connect with Apple Camera Kit.

Supporting DSD in ONKYO HF Player (from App Store)

Apr 26, 2014 at 9:06 PM Post #145 of 289
Unfortunately it did not fix my stuttering at 352.8 and 384, but at least the volume is not randomly changing as it was. Progress??

Apr 27, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #146 of 289
Oh no, what am I going to do with all my 352.8 and 384 kHz music files until they fix it (if I buy one) 
rolleyes.gif

I  know, I know, it should work as advertised.

Apr 27, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #147 of 289
Yeah, I've been using the Pro every day for the last month or so since I've loaned out almost everything I have. Only time I ran into the problem was testing after firmware update. Not a biggie. I'm sure they will figure it out soon.

May 19, 2014 at 1:45 AM Post #149 of 289
Hi, I just received Mini-i Pro and believed it loaded with latest firmware (ver 1.2 shown on config menu). I got few question/problem to ask expert here about it
(1) My Mini-i Pro installed as mini-i in Win 7 (when installed driver the USB device pop up info shown mini-i installed but mini-i pro failed). Just wonder anyone installed it as mini-i Pro?
(2) The bottom chassis printed with Mini-i with no 'Pro', is this normal? However, the serial number same with the serial number printed label on the box which stated mini-i pro. Even on config menu got setting on PCM and DSD so I believed it is pro version, but why the chassis not printed with 'Pro'? just need the confirmation on yours.
(3) Setting it on foobar by installing all required driver/plugin, unable to playback DSD until i changed DSD playback method. Below is what I got on various DSD playback method under foo_dsd_asio v0.7.1.2
Asio Native : unrecognised 44khz sample rate
DoP Marker 0x05/0xFA : finally shown DSD 2.8 on my Pro
dCS Marker 0xAA : shown rate of 17xkhz
exD Marker : shown rate of 17xkhz
Is DoP Marker the correct playback method and the SQ has no different to Asio Native?

If you have better configuration or other playback software please let me know, preferable with detailed guide.

Thanks

May 19, 2014 at 3:30 AM Post #150 of 289
I've had some issues with driver installation as well, but despite any errors that pop up, it always seemed to work anyway.

You'll know if you have a Pro for sure or not if you open the menu.

11gr8dt.jpg

DoP is correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back