Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent.
May 15, 2015 at 8:54 PM Post #4,922 of 5,176
  How does the Matrix M-Stage sound with the Sennheiser HD800?

I've used the M Stage with the HD800 and it is surprisingly good for a budget system. I think the HD800 happens to be a very good match with the M Stage but hardly end game. You might also want to consider the Gustard H10 as they are both good budget solutions.

May 16, 2015 at 2:44 AM Post #4,923 of 5,176
I tried but I couldn't tell the difference between matrix m stage and my friends ~$5000 custom tube amp (someone more experienced probably could).
After that I stopped looking and listening to amps and I focused on music.

May 16, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #4,924 of 5,176
I tried but I couldn't tell the difference between matrix m stage and my friends ~$5000 custom tube amp (someone more experienced probably could).
After that I stopped looking and listening to amps and I focused on music.

And there's nothing wrong with that!
I drink to you, sir! :D

The ugly truth is.....
I used to have a fairly expensive vacuum tube pre-amp.
One sad day I compared it to a few cheaper (and more modern) pre-amps; Solid State and Solid State/Vacuum Tube hybrids.
Guess what?
Even the cheapest one was obviously superior! :xf_eek:

Jun 1, 2015 at 5:47 PM Post #4,926 of 5,176
My Matrix M-Stage HPA2 USB has finally arrived.But they send me the wrong power cord (240v)
I live in Vancouver so is it safe to just simply plug it in and use it?

Voltage:110v-120v
Vancouver British Columbia

NO!
The amp must be set to 120 Vac!
You will not harm an amp set for 240 vac if you plug in into a 120 Vac outlet, OTOH, the amp will not work. I'm in Canada too, BTW.

I have a Matrix Quattro headphone amp. It was shipped 240 Vac, I had to move a jumper on the back of the amp next to the AC input to use it.

Jun 25, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #4,929 of 5,176
Currently using K701 + M-stage HPA-1 with LM4562NA opamp

I didn't really expect to get some 'wow' factor from this amp the first time I listened to it. Well it certainly doesn't make me go "OMG DELICIOUS SOUND BEST AMP EVAR", but rather, in my first few songs I was like "uhm.. okay. it's good." No overly emotional eargasm or something like that.

But the more I listen to the K701 with the HPA-1, the more I appreciate its kinda neutral* and very detailed presentation.I don't know how exactly to describe it, but it's certainly one of the best sound I've heard with my AKG headphones. And I've tried quite a few amps with the K701 that really made it sing.

*I dunno if it's just me, but I find the midrange to be just a bit forward. It's actually the first thing I noticed with the amp's sound. Overall it's still a lot more neutral than, say, an O2, which I find to slightly add some weight on the low end, making the K701 sound less thin. Heck I actually think O2 made K701's mids a bit thicker than with the HPA-1.

Jul 20, 2015 at 10:08 AM Post #4,933 of 5,176
  Most probably it isn't legit.
Not a lot of product info, Contact detail is just an email address.
Any way I look it seems bogus.

Received the package 2 days ago from china, I can confirm the AMP is legit even if they're not an official reseller also the price is really cheap, they didn't even changed the value price from euro /dollar (it's like the old value 1 eur = 1,30 $)
So tl dr;
The stuff they give you is legit and the price is really cheap, but I'm not sure how they achieve that.

Jul 20, 2015 at 10:37 PM Post #4,934 of 5,176
  Received the package 2 days ago from china, I can confirm the AMP is legit even if they're not an official reseller also the price is really cheap, they didn't even changed the value price from euro /dollar (it's like the old value 1 eur = 1,30 $)
So tl dr;
The stuff they give you is legit and the price is really cheap, but I'm not sure how they achieve that.

You can always try emailing info@matrix-digi.com to see find out what their connection to matrixelectronics.net is.

Jul 25, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #4,935 of 5,176
My M-Stage started an annoying buzz noise (high gain).
It happen only when the RCA are plugged in.
Pressing the case sometimes make it stop, then it comes back.
I did loosen the screws on the back and it stopped for a while, then it comes back.
Anyone experienced that ? is there any fix for it ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back