Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent.
May 2, 2011 at 3:04 PM Post #1,666 of 5,176
Sure buddy.  =p

May 5, 2011 at 2:01 AM Post #1,667 of 5,176

Quote:
This suggestion by purrin "seems" to have fixed my amp for now. 

I really tightened the screw, powered up the amp with stock opamp and with no source whatsoever, and heard NO hum whatsoever. Delighted by this, I proceded to install the 627 opamp and test again. The amp once again produced no ground feed hum, so I tested it connected to my dac, and I'm using it right now, happy as a little panda over the fact that the amp no longer produces any unwanted noise. Once again, it just delivers fantastic sound to my Denons. 

I won't know for sure if the problem is permanently fixed, but I gotto say, things are looking very good. 

I would like to thank every one of you that has contributed, and also to tamsaudio from whom I've recieved mails from regarding this. Top service! 

Thanks everyone! Music awaits :) 

I just got my m-stage today and same problem here. humming/buzzing at all gain settings with or without anything connected to it. I haven't yet tried connecting iPod to it yet but did swap a couple sets of cables. But again, humming/buzzing exists regardless of whether anything is connected to it. It comes as soon as the amp is turned on. I will try messing with the hex screw tomorrow, even though that means I'll have to lug it to school. Fingers crossed. I would hate to send it back to China...

May 5, 2011 at 2:22 AM Post #1,668 of 5,176

Quote:
I just got my m-stage today and same problem here. humming/buzzing at all gain settings with or without anything connected to it. I haven't yet tried connecting iPod to it yet but did swap a couple sets of cables. But again, humming/buzzing exists regardless of whether anything is connected to it. It comes as soon as the amp is turned on. I will try messing with the hex screw tomorrow, even though that means I'll have to lug it to school. Fingers crossed. I would hate to send it back to China...

wow okay, fixed my own problem by tightening that screw from the bottom of the amp. should'a tried that first before posting...

May 5, 2011 at 2:29 AM Post #1,669 of 5,176
^ Heh, loose transformers... or other minor issues.

LOL, coolfungadget should be give me a discount, gift certificate, or something for being his unofficial technical support and Class-A op-amp mod champion. 
wink.gif

May 5, 2011 at 10:30 AM Post #1,670 of 5,176
Feel free to ask when you want to purchase anything...but, I am not the only one selling Matrix stuff. Make sure only support my customers, -____-

Quote:
^ Heh, loose transformers... or other minor issues.

LOL, coolfungadget should be give me a discount, gift certificate, or something for being his unofficial technical support and Class-A op-amp mod champion. 
wink.gif

May 5, 2011 at 11:46 AM Post #1,671 of 5,176
Haha I love how manufacturers post in these forums.  Allows for entertaining exchanges like this one 
beerchug.gif

Quote:
Feel free to ask when you want to purchase anything...but, I am not the only one selling Matrix stuff. Make sure only support my customers, -____-

May 5, 2011 at 1:33 PM Post #1,672 of 5,176
^ ditto, lol

May 5, 2011 at 3:00 PM Post #1,673 of 5,176

Quote:

LOL, I'll take you up on your offer one day. And I'll make sure to ask if they are a customer of yours. 
wink_face.gif

May 5, 2011 at 4:47 PM Post #1,674 of 5,176

Hi all,
Just picked up an M-stage in the market and sounds great with my K702s.  The only weird thing is this: it seems as if the RCA jack inputs are reversed on my unit. The left jack is pumping out the right side, and right jack is pumping out the left side.   Just wondering has anyone encountered this issue with the M-stage?  I’ve tried both source inputs on the Matrix and the same thing on both.  I also confirmed my source CD player by using 3 separate RCA cables, triple checking that the left output was indeed going to the left jack input, and the right output going to the right jack input. I also tested an older CD player as well just to double check another source, with the same result.

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?  My only solution is to reverse the jacks, my source right output going into m-stage left, and source left output going to the m-stage right.  This works fine, but seems a little bit unsettling.

May 6, 2011 at 7:42 AM Post #1,675 of 5,176

i have the same problem on my m stage ever since i got it... I doubt it is something serious.
Quote:

Hi all,
Just picked up an M-stage in the market and sounds great with my K702s.  The only weird thing is this: it seems as if the RCA jack inputs are reversed on my unit. The left jack is pumping out the right side, and right jack is pumping out the left side.   Just wondering has anyone encountered this issue with the M-stage?  I’ve tried both source inputs on the Matrix and the same thing on both.  I also confirmed my source CD player by using 3 separate RCA cables, triple checking that the left output was indeed going to the left jack input, and the right output going to the right jack input. I also tested an older CD player as well just to double check another source, with the same result.

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?  My only solution is to reverse the jacks, my source right output going into m-stage left, and source left output going to the m-stage right.  This works fine, but seems a little bit unsettling.

May 6, 2011 at 8:09 AM Post #1,676 of 5,176

Quote:

Yep, the jacks are wired up in reverse inside the amp.

May 7, 2011 at 6:11 AM Post #1,679 of 5,176
Has anyone used the M-Stage with the Matrix Mini-i?  Would they make a good combination since from what I've read the Mini-i has a more tube-like sound while the M-Stage is more detailed.  

Or is there a better amp that would blend with the Mini-i? Headphones would be Sennheiser HD 600.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back