Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee Review & Measurements
Jul 16, 2023 at 4:56 AM Post #4,786 of 4,845
Hi, I have to choose hd58x 100€ Vs hd660s 190€, I have this last one and I like it, but I can resell it and save 90€ with hd58x. Is the difference in price justified? I m just a music lover

Jul 16, 2023 at 12:56 PM Post #4,787 of 4,845
I am maybe the biggest fan of 58x but for only 90€ more I would definitely keep the 660s and... probably buy the 58X too haha...

The 660s has much better plastic quality has the new pads which are better and it is the most beautiful of the 6 series (s2 as well as they look almost the same). It also has the box and much better cables. I see 90€ a no brainer cost for all this package. Plus it is discontinued model so it will be soon more scarse.

Jul 17, 2023 at 2:30 AM Post #4,788 of 4,845
What about the clamp force? I have the 660 by five days and i like the sound but I feel it too uncomfortable, too tight on the jaw. in these days the the temps are too hot, I live in Italy, the only full headphone that I can wear is grado sr60.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2023 at 2:58 AM Post #4,789 of 4,845
I cannot compare the clamp force directly because when I got my 660s I had my 58x for 5 years already but i expect the clamp force to be similar initially.

I never had problems with the clamp force with all of them and probably 660s should be better as it has better plastics and a superior construction.

These days if you are in Italy or Greece and you have no good AC is better to be in the beach and not listening these headphones...:)

Jul 17, 2023 at 3:34 AM Post #4,790 of 4,845
Unfortunately I live in a mountain small town😭 anyway I have seen a review of the 560s on YouTube by DMS, have you tried this headphones? Maybe would be a better choice for me and it cost about 110€ on Amazon

Jul 17, 2023 at 4:01 PM Post #4,791 of 4,845
Unfortunately I live in a mountain small town😭 anyway I have seen a review of the 560s on YouTube by DMS, have you tried this headphones? Maybe would be a better choice for me and it cost about 110€ on Amazon
Personally I do not like this headphone at all. I bought it for 90£ refurbished from sennheiser just to test the waters for the Neumann 30 since supposedly they use the same driver as a basis.

I just thought if ndh30 is one of the best phones out there (according to the urban legend) 560s should be also great as they share the same dna.

I return it back after 2 days and bought two balanced cables with almost the same money and I do not regret spending this money on the cables at all.

For me all my headphones sounded better than the 560s including the closed ones. I prefer over them the koss 30, the 4XX, the Meze 99 classics and Neo (the last one was quite an achievement). And obviously I prefer vastly all my 6 series headphones (58X, 6XX, 660s, 600) and focal elex (obviously^2) than them.

For me 560s and 6## should not get even in the same sentence and I cannot comprehent any raving youtube rebiew regarding them but some people love them so YMMV.

The 660s is a very technical and capable headphone and for 190 euros a real bargain. It is a bit bass light some times but you can use a right dac/amp/cable combo and rectify some of this lightness. For example, it is much better combination with ka5 than ka3. And it needs a better source than the 58x in order to shine.

560s vs 660s...for 80 euros more ??? Maybe if it was 800€ I could have a dillema...maybe not...:)

Nov 23, 2023 at 3:05 AM Post #4,797 of 4,845
I had about a month to listen anything so I did an experiment. I put my 58X to see if I can still enjoy them after having and listening the big brother (660s2) and other more technical headphones before this month.

I was really positively surprised how much I am still enjoying them not caring anymore where the drivers are coming from and how compare technically with more expensive headphones. This is not the point.

This headphone punches well above its weight is probably the last child of Alex in Sennheiser and has such a nice signature because it incorporates the feedback of many people due to the massdrop collaboration back in 2018.

Is the headphone that I have used most times in my life and in terms of time usage I do not believe that will be surpassed from any other headphone in my collection.

Nov 23, 2023 at 7:46 AM Post #4,798 of 4,845
I had a similar experience. Owning the 650 for 10+ years, it became my "normal." When I first got the s2, which I feel is in the same camp as the 650, I felt the s2 was good but that ultimately it didn't dethrone my 650. It took a while but ultimately I realized that it was my history with the 650 that was impairing my judgement. When I was able to get past that history/fondness and truly evaluate the s2, I began to appreciate the s2 more and more. And now, the s2 is my favorite of all the 6xx line.

Nov 23, 2023 at 9:27 AM Post #4,799 of 4,845
I do not know what is my favourite 6 series headphone yet so i reserve judgement on that however this not the point...

i like the 660s2 too but even if 660s2 is much better yeah one is 130-170$ phone and the other 400-600$ from the same series from the same company logically the more expensive should be better.

In any case i do not think that the new guard replaces fully the old guard as i find the old guard to be more organic but technically inferior.

And 58X is driven much easier from low powered sources than the others although it scales also considerably as well.

And to be clear i don NOT fully agree with solderdude that the 660s2 is slightly better than 58x. If you can spend the money they are well spend.

58x has no love recently while 560s has and for me there is no comparison betwen the two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back