Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee Review & Measurements
Nov 23, 2023 at 9:39 AM Post #4,801 of 4,845
I dont see a point in the 58x when 560s exists. 560s is honestly the best headphone sennheiser put out ever since the whole Axle saga (excluding some hd800's, if thats your preff).

Nov 23, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #4,803 of 4,845
The 560s is a fine, technically cromulent headphone esp for the price, but it's uninvolving to me. Even with audiophile recordings that work better with that type of tuning, I would rather listen to the 58X. That said, in a pro application, where I don't want to be distracted by fun and technical performance is king, maybe the 560s is the better choice? That sounds like shade thrown but a lot of other headphones are meant for pro audio and they have followings on the site. Just... not by me.

Nov 23, 2023 at 2:40 PM Post #4,804 of 4,845
I might have got a bad sample who knows. But as taste in music goes with sound signature i did a test with a formula 1 race.

I enjoyed much more the race with the 58X rather my 560s unit so really i do not get it...

In any case i have returned the 560s even if i payed only 90£ a ridiculous amount.

One of the reasons i have returned it immediately was as overeaction to some superhype youtube reviews that have compared it in performance with 800s.

The other negative was that this experience rightly or wrong put me off to try the ndh30...

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2023 at 5:34 PM Post #4,805 of 4,845
The 560s is a fine, technically cromulent headphone esp for the price, but it's uninvolving to me. Even with audiophile recordings that work better with that type of tuning, I would rather listen to the 58X. That said, in a pro application, where I don't want to be distracted by fun and technical performance is king, maybe the 560s is the better choice? That sounds like shade thrown but a lot of other headphones are meant for pro audio and they have followings on the site. Just... not by me.

That's how I'm feeling too at the moment. I've owned the HD560S for two weeks now and I'm just not getting "it". I've read from a number of people that these need time to grow on you, so I'm hoping that may still happen for me as well. As it stands I find the 58X's tuning much more to my liking, it's one of the very few headphones I own that I like to use even without EQ.

Nov 23, 2023 at 6:22 PM Post #4,806 of 4,845
That's how I'm feeling too at the moment. I've owned the HD560S for two weeks now and I'm just not getting "it". I've read from a number of people that these need time to grow on you, so I'm hoping that may still happen for me as well. As it stands I find the 58X's tuning much more to my liking, it's one of the very few headphones I own that I like to use even without EQ.
Are you still in return period? If yes condider the unthinkable...:)

Nov 24, 2023 at 3:13 AM Post #4,807 of 4,845
Are you still in return period? If yes condider the unthinkable...:)

Yeah, still two more weeks. I have seriously considered it and honestly am considering the unthinkable more and more :grin: the money might be better spent on trying out an HD660S2 when they drop in price a bit, idk! I was just playing Mass Effect 3 and when I fire the black widow on my Fidelio's or my 58x, it has this really satisfying explosive sound. The 560S by comparison kinda hits like a wet noodle. Idk some music definitely sounds fine but it's all just a bit lukewarm for me, nothing really engages with these. I've EQ'd in a little bit of midbass but it becomes boomy pretty quickly. I'll think about it some more I guess lol.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2023 at 4:29 AM Post #4,808 of 4,845
Yeah, still two more weeks. I have seriously considered it and honestly am considering the unthinkable more and more :grin: the money might be better spent on trying out an HD660S2 when they drop in price a bit, idk! I was just playing Mass Effect 3 and when I fire the black widow on my Fidelio's or my 58x, it has this really satisfying explosive sound. The 560S by comparison kinda hits like a wet noodle. Idk some music definitely sounds fine but it's all just a bit lukewarm for me, nothing really engages with these. I've EQ'd in a little bit of midbass but it becomes boomy pretty quickly. I'll think about it some more I guess lol.
I have returned mine for 90£ and bought two balanced cables with these money. I got more satisfaction with this balanced cable on my 58X and i did not want to have an extra headphone that i will never use.

Obviously if you get a good deal with 660s2 the technicalities are in another stratosphere especially in relation to 560s.

And if you like me like the matte finish the construction and quality is on a different level.

Dec 8, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #4,813 of 4,845
How much is new with the taxes in your country nowadays...?
That's exactly why I'm looking for a second hand unit. I have to pay the Drop price in $ (converting to €) + 15 € shipping, both reasonable... But when the headphones arrive to Spain I've read from people who paid 40 € or more regarding customs...

Anyway, if I'm not able to find a mint second hand unit I'll go for a new one.

Dec 8, 2023 at 5:04 PM Post #4,814 of 4,845
That's exactly why I'm looking for a second hand unit. I have to pay the Drop price in $ (converting to €) + 15 € shipping, both reasonable... But when the headphones arrive to Spain I've read from people who paid 40 € or more regarding customs...

Anyway, if I'm not able to find a mint second hand unit I'll go for a new one.
You need to think also about the pads. With the new version pads sound much more interesting. This ameliorates the price difference.

Also budget for a new decent balanced wire. For me is an absolute must a decent balanced wire for the 58x to shine.

I love so much my 58x that even if someone would give me now 300£ I would not have sold them to him. This is how much I love them.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2023 at 5:11 PM Post #4,815 of 4,845
20230408_100902.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back