Massdrop x Focal Elex Review & Measurements
Dec 29, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #347 of 2,030
I went and looked at the drop page and the expected ship date moved up to Feb 19th.
Something like this ship date is what it would take for me to purchase, it has always been the long shipping time that has deterred me from ordering.
This change in price just goes to show that the consumer does have a voice in pricing , if people would just walk away from high prices they would come down. Just too much of adolescent, first kid on the block to have the new toy mentality. As a group, get away from this attitude and pricing would become more reasonable. Sorry, not my intention to insult anyone, just pointing out that WE do have a say in consumer pricing !

Dec 29, 2017 at 9:39 PM Post #350 of 2,030
I don't know, are these 3 1/2 times the pleasurable experience of the Sennheiser HD6xx at $199.
No, it does not work that way. I wish it did, it would make buying headphones a much easier task ! The HD6XX is not perfect however it is the best set of headphones I have bought for $200 and better than some that cost much more.

Dec 30, 2017 at 12:49 AM Post #352 of 2,030
I've just made an XLR to 4.4mm to listen to the Elex in balance. Will provide my thoughts later. Now to sooth my fingertips from the wrath of the hot soldering iron...

PC300001_Snapseed.jpg

Dec 30, 2017 at 1:32 AM Post #353 of 2,030
I don't know, are these 3 1/2 times the pleasurable experience of the Sennheiser HD6xx at $199.
PERSONALLY I respect the HD6XX but they are VERY boring compared to the elear.

If people like the HD6XX they are a bargain

Don’t forget there is a current drop of the focal spirit pro about to wrap up - they too are a bargain. Punchy vibrant sound. Closed headphone

Dec 31, 2017 at 1:16 AM Post #357 of 2,030
If this ever drops again at 600, it will be a huge seller. The 400-600 price range is gathering many more buyers of headphones these days, compared to just a few years ago.
Absolutely. I would have joined at 600. The thing is the Elears are selling on headfi used right now for 500-600$ since the Elex drop was announced, making even that price difficult since there is a 5 month wait. Some people believe the Elears will drop some more (the 500-600 used price but new) and the Clear shift down closer to 1200$. Interesting to see where these headphone prices will be next year.

Dec 31, 2017 at 4:42 AM Post #358 of 2,030
The more I think about it, the less it makes sense to me from Focal's standpoint, and I doubt they will do another drop on these.They are getting flacks from all sides. Too long to wait, their dealers can't be too happy as well, possibly cannibalizing the Elear's sale, no shipping to their own country, or EU, etc... anyway good luck to those who ordered it, and it is what they hoped for.

Dec 31, 2017 at 4:55 AM Post #359 of 2,030
The more I think about it, the less it makes sense to me from Focal's standpoint, and I doubt they will do another drop on these.They are getting flacks from all sides. Too long to wait, their dealers can't be too happy as well, possibly cannibalizing the Elear's sale, no shipping to their own country, or EU, etc... anyway good luck to those who ordered it, and it is what they hoped for.
I agree. It's starting to look like a failure. 20 hours left and only 285 out of a thousand sold, even after the price drop.

Dec 31, 2017 at 5:02 AM Post #360 of 2,030
If it was $599, shipped to European countries directly from France, had an extra set of regular Elear pads and 1.5m 3.5mm cable, I would buy it. :) Just saying...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back