Massdrop x Airist Audio R-2R DAC: A Discrete Resistor Ladder DAC For $350
Jul 2, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #406 of 564
Hey guys, need your assistance. Ive posted on the drop. Cant seem to get any sound out hooked up on my Mac to the DAC selected USB2.0... nothing

Is this something that was working before and just stopped, or are you trying to get it up and running on a new Mac you haven't used before? Also, what are you trying to play music through?

It's generally worked for me on my Mac, but I have had a couple issues switching from Tidal over to YouTube and back that caused it to stop putting sound out. A restart fixed that.

Jul 2, 2019 at 1:43 PM Post #407 of 564
Hey guys, need your assistance. Ive posted on the drop. Cant seem to get any sound out hooked up on my Mac to the DAC selected USB2.0... nothing

If you have the right output device selected and it's not playing, check that it's not muted.

Settings > Sound > Output Tab, select device and look at the Mute check box below. This happens to me all the time.

Jul 9, 2019 at 9:40 PM Post #411 of 564
im picking up my r2r11 on saturday and ill sit down with both. however i can say i AM enjoying the rdac so far. it is an excellent dac and i honestly agree with most of all the thoughts already posted about it. i so far have no issues i can detect and its very very quiet with no "static". this was very much worth the price tag

Have you had a chance to sit down with the R2R11 again? I'm surprised to not see many comparisons of the 2, given the competitive price point.
Cheers :)

Jul 10, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #412 of 564
im picking up my r2r11 on saturday and ill sit down with both. however i can say i AM enjoying the rdac so far. it is an excellent dac and i honestly agree with most of all the thoughts already posted about it. i so far have no issues i can detect and its very very quiet with no "static". this was very much worth the price tag

I would also be interested to hear your thoughts on the comparison between these two (r2r11 and rdac) if possible. I hear conflicting things about the r2r11 and audio-gd in general so not sure what to think! Thanks.

Jul 10, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #413 of 564
a little. i had to go in for mouth/ facial surgery and couldnt wear headphones very easily comfort wise the past 8-10 days. they are still a but uncomfortable for long listening ill try to get some seat time in the next couple days.

Jul 20, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #414 of 564
AS a pure DAC, however, the smoothness of the Micro iDSD seemed to take a little of the edge off brass and discordant piano (that’s a negative, as far as I’m concerned) compared to the Massdrop DAC.

The mid-range delivery between these two units is similar in terms of liquidity and resolution, though the “sweeter” delivery from the R-DAC works better for me without coming across as specifically romantic.

Bass is rounder and fuller out of the iFi unit, but this came at the cost of a slight loss of texture into the mid-bass vs. the RDAC. I’d say quantityfavors the Micro iDSD and quality the RDAC.
Ah, but did you set the Micro iDSD to "Bit-perfect" filtering? AFAIK that's actually a Filterless-NOS mode, and would be the most interesting comparison to make between these two units.

Jul 20, 2019 at 5:15 PM Post #415 of 564
Ah, but did you set the Micro iDSD to "Bit-perfect" filtering? AFAIK that's actually a Filterless-NOS mode, and would be the most interesting comparison to make between these two units.

I did.

Though I had to look back at my notes to be sure, as I wrote that over a year ago.

In general (in a review I wrote elsewhere) I liked the Micro iDSD Black Label best in its "Bit Perfect" mode.

Aug 18, 2019 at 9:15 AM Post #417 of 564
Does anyone know Sosolars contact? He hasn't been active since December. He said he was going to release a new DAC and i see something on taobao but i can't understand chinese so i would like to contact him directly.

Aug 19, 2019 at 6:58 PM Post #420 of 564
Same. I’m pleasantly surprised that Drop has managed to ship some exclusive collaborations early. This is going to be my living room DAC so I’m really looking forward to hear how it feeds my stereo system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back