Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
Feb 22, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #2,131 of 6,783

I was not trolled

wink.gif

Feb 22, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #2,132 of 6,783
  the earpads sometimes roll if not placed correctly, but they''re awesome otherwise. This is my first pair of real headphones, how can I break them in? the white noise stuff i mean. Not that it doesnt sound amazing as it is right now.

^ Just blast them with some bass/ beat heavy music like hip hop or metal or something on a higher volume you will not regularly listen at. Max or almost max volumes or ipods/ mp3 players should be ok me thinks. 

With more powerful sources i wouldn't go max on the volume though.

Originally Posted by elvergun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
 Originally Posted by ikkx 

I was not trolled

wink.gif

^ oh you got trolled alright you just didn't realize it.
biggrin.gif

Feb 22, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #2,133 of 6,783
Trolled. Ordered and coming in this week. Just another stunned victim. Hopefully, I'll feel the same when I get these around my ears and put them through their paces...

Feb 22, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #2,134 of 6,783
Trolled. Ordered and coming in this week. Just another stunned victim. Hopefully, I'll feel the same when I get these around my ears and put them through their paces...

^ Welcome to our Logan Troll house, where we be serving victims 24/7 365.  This is a non-stop madhouse meng. 

Hope your stay will be a pleasant and mind blowing one.
basshead.gif

Another victim, just too EZ.
cool.gif

Congrats!!!
beerchug.gif

Feb 22, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #2,135 of 6,783

LOL! Exactly my sentiments a few weeks ago (and still the same right now!).

Feb 22, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #2,136 of 6,783
  ^ Just blast them with some bass/ beat heavy music like hip hop or metal or something on a higher volume you will not regularly listen at. Max or almost max volumes or ipods/ mp3 players should be ok me thinks. 

With more powerful sources i wouldn't go max on the volume though.

^ oh you got trolled alright you just didn't realize it.
biggrin.gif

if this is trolling then idk what hifi could possibly sound like. That'll just give me a reason to live.

Feb 23, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #2,137 of 6,783
.u will be listening out of a deep deep deep well )

===============================================================

Feb 23, 2014 at 12:59 AM Post #2,138 of 6,783

MikrosRICHBass...for those who enjoy fullbodied bass, with rich vocals to match, try this.

Just plaster the whole base of the cup, and the walls with Blue Tac ( see above pic :)

This mod is also for Vegans; and those who cant find CarvenLeather in the drawers or thriftshop :p
( Do NOT plaster on the underside of the driver..u will be listening out of a deep deep deep well )

===============================================================

^

Feb 23, 2014 at 1:14 AM Post #2,139 of 6,783
So pick any one and give it a shot...open that hole.
if u dun like it...just leave the rubbish in there n seal it up with instantglue(hehe) 
and u are back to STOCK mode , SIMPLE  :p

Feb 23, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #2,141 of 6,783
  Generally with the FELT, u get EMphasized, MPACTful HARD/HEART ATTACK  on the bass..

The leather n bluetac combo/s ...u get a more integrated bass..into the whole spectrum
the leather being more expansive musical sounding,
the full bluetac being a RICHER, more FULL BODIED rendition across the spectrum.

In all the mods, the Mikros remains agile, vocals remains attractive..
and the bass can rattle the drivers on a good rock piece.

So pick any one and give it a shot...open that hole.
if u dun like it...just leave the rubbish in there n seal it up with instantglue(hehe) 
and u are back to STOCK mode , SIMPLE  :p

^ Was just teasin' ya' Lors, you the only one kooky/ wild enough to preform such mods. haha Probably even more so than the ultra kooky moddster Masa' WAYNE and i know. LMAO

So you done good with these meng.
beerchug.gif

NOW LETS TOUR EM'!!!
L3000.gif

Since you 2X up now. :)

Feb 23, 2014 at 1:31 AM Post #2,142 of 6,783
Hey, so first post in a while on head-fi. So after seeing this on the discovery thread I found this thread and now I'm really tempted... especially at the newegg price. I'm having some concerns over bass extension and also quantity since I listen to a fair bit of EDM. Can anyone chime in on this? I currently have a KEF m500 and ericp was talking about these being better I think so at $69 I really want to give these a try....

So in other words someone push me over the edge xD
(oh and these mods anyone know how dynamat will work? I have some leftover dynamat frm my sony mdr 1r mod. Some people say it functions similarly to blue tack)

I also kind of want to do another DIY cable and these = new opportunities :p

Feb 23, 2014 at 1:41 AM Post #2,143 of 6,783
These are illogically silly, outofthedrawer mods... which i hope will work for some of u guys.
My fav is the leathermod...great for classicals, that space n grandeur in the bass, supporting the very clear upper spectrum...magical.
( its a CARVEN...no carven no magic..always remember )

My right earpad is brusing like hell....skins flapping in the breeze,
i stripped him like more than 10times having no success with foams, cottons..n plain air.

The leftpad is made from space age polyurethane, looks perfect :p

Tour..?
u guys can start twirling n swirling that base cup of YOURs all night long..
and come up with more mods...maybe DRILL afew HOLEs????  :p

I am done trying to align those tiny screws...my eyes just cant zero in on them until the 7th attempt if i am lucky. 

Feb 23, 2014 at 1:46 AM Post #2,144 of 6,783
  Hey, so first post in a while on head-fi. So after seeing this on the discovery thread I found this thread and now I'm really tempted... especially at the newegg price. I'm having some concerns over bass extension and also quantity since I listen to a fair bit of EDM. Can anyone chime in on this? I currently have a KEF m500 and ericp was talking about these being better I think so at $69 I really want to give these a try....

(oh and these mods anyone know how dynamat will work? I have some leftover dynamat frm my sony mdr 1r mod. Some people say it functions similarly to blue tack)

READ  post #1804  and pick your FLAVOR :p

Hi Darkie...kindly step inside this hypetrain. With your skills n whats in your drawer, u will be put to forcelabour for the Hype Community.
Go grab your badge...hit the BUY button. 

========

I would rate the MIKROSmodded as SUPERB...Mikros stock as V GOOD, the KEF/PSB GOOD.. NAD ok...FOCALs threesome, hmmm no go.
dun throw eggs at me...my taste...my earwax.  

Feb 23, 2014 at 2:13 AM Post #2,145 of 6,783

^ So you want that extra something something huh??? Welp lets see what $69 gets you these days in the crazy world of audiophilia.......... zip, zilch, nada cuz even some cheapo Chinaman brands will cost you around that much for some lackluster bass cannon iems/ cans to put it into proper perspective.

You'll just have to take a leap of faith on this one, cuz what is there to lose really..... nuff said.

Cuz these Logans were the only ones that made me go....

to.............
to.............................................
to...........................................................................
to.......................................................................
to....................................................
to .....................................................................................................
to..............................................

Welp i have depleted my gif stash to make it a compelling case so it's now tyme for ya' to.........
......................................................... JUMP JUMP JUMP!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

edit: Oh and there's ALWAYS the Logan Buy Back Guarantee, a service uniquely offered by yours only.  No low ballin' just straight up hustling $55 shipped.
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back