Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
Feb 23, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #2,161 of 6,783
eek.gif
eek.gif

Quote:
  MikrosAlphaPadBass   this is a crude attempt to fit AlphaPads onto the drivers.

Look for a hardboard or flexible CD cover, trace the outline of the Alphapads, the outline of the Mikros, and the driver diameter onto the board.

Cut out the circles with a pair of kitchen scissors...

cut out the innermost circle to expose the drivers too, just cut thru one side of the circle..humpfff.
and plaster with BLUE TAC, in a COMPLETE FULL CIRCLE,
make sure there are NO GAPS in the circle, otherwise u LOSE BASSSSS.

Press firmly onto the drivers, it should stick..looks ok from this angle,    not so great from this angle :p

U should get a similar sound+bassss if the bluetac seal is properly done..
and if u want a little more intimate bass, stuff in the foam from the stockpads (minus the cover) Idea from MAXXXX :p

If u treat it gently, it should hold up well enuf for home use...
if u wanna throw in into your duffybag, just superglue it ...LOL.

PS : Another way to awoid blue tac-king, would be to cut the plastic backing to slightly smaller than the flange size of the Mikros cup,
then just flex the plastic n slide in. I havent tried it yet. :p

ENJOY !!!

Edited by Lorspeaker - Today at 9:15 am

blink.gif
blink.gif

Feb 23, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #2,162 of 6,783
Super comfy...the cups dun slide/twist...
the sound...the bass...STUPENDOUSS S S S S

Feb 23, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #2,164 of 6,783
  MikrosAlphaPadBass   this is a crude attempt to fit AlphaPads onto the drivers.

Look for a hardboard or flexible CD cover, trace the outline of the Alphapads, the outline of the Mikros, and the driver diameter onto the board.

Cut out the circles with a pair of kitchen scissors...

cut out the innermost circle to expose the drivers too, just cut thru one side of the circle..humpfff.
and plaster with BLUE TAC, in a COMPLETE FULL CIRCLE,
make sure there are NO GAPS in the circle, otherwise u LOSE BASSSSS.

Press firmly onto the drivers, it should stick..looks ok from this angle,    not so great from this angle :p

U should get a similar sound+bassss if the bluetac seal is properly done..
and if u want a little more intimate bass, stuff in the foam from the stockpads (minus the cover) Idea from MAXXXX :p

If u treat it gently, it should hold up well enuf for home use...
if u wanna throw in into your duffybag, just superglue it ...LOL.

PS : Another way to awoid blue tac-king, would be to cut the plastic backing to slightly smaller than the flange size of the Mikros cup,
then just flex the plastic n slide in. I havent tried it yet. :p

ENJOY !!!

Edited by Lorspeaker - Today at 9:15 am

+
  Super comfy...the cups dun slide/twist...
the sound...the bass...STUPENDOUSS S S S S

+

+

^

Feb 23, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #2,169 of 6,783

^ Nah it's just all of us. :)

Anywho where's jants at with his new cable??? Shouldn't they be in by now???
blink.gif
Initial impressions.

Fixed. 
tongue.gif

Of course, that bolded statement applies to the people who are active on this thread, not the ones that watch us mongrels wreaking havoc amongst the freshies that come here.

And it probably means that jant didn't get them yet. Or, he's busy enjoying them that he'll come by later, or he just can't respond at all at the moment.

Feb 23, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #2,170 of 6,783
Package is MIA. No tracking since the 19th. Left the sort facility on that end and is who knows where, atm. Taking a break possibly weary from travel/motion sick, stopped to see some road side attractions maybe, met another nice package and eloped/shacking up somewhere, not sure really. 

Feb 23, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #2,171 of 6,783
  Fixed. 
tongue.gif

Of course, that bolded statement applies to the people who are active on this thread, not the ones that watch us mongrels wreaking havoc amongst the freshies that come here.

And it probably means that jant didn't get them yet. Or, he's busy enjoying them that he'll come by later, or he just can't respond at all at the moment.

^ Welp the mo' crazy the mo' the "funner."  LMAO people serious use that as a word???
rolleyes.gif

Anywho haven't seen in a thread mo' fun than this one will all of us crazies adding fuel to the fyre. Lors is da' prime suspect. haha
beerchug.gif

And Godfather Pata Hypa' Priesta' is alright.
tongue.gif

Package is MIA. No tracking since the 19th. Left the sort facility on that end and is who knows where, atm. Taking a break possibly weary from travel/motion sick, stopped to see some road side attractions maybe, met another nice package and eloped/shacking up somewhere, not sure really. 

^ Was just giving a hard tyme is alls, cuz thought you already got them and was holding out on us. Man there are so much modding ideas being thrown around now, so it won't be long until there is a finalized one that everyone will REALLY dig.

Maybe i need to get another modder in here to mix it up a bit??? But he is one of those cable guys so.... and it's gonna probably gonna' try to milk us with his fancy re-cables. LMAO

Lets just say there was a interesting history behind us............ on 2nd thought i better not, don't think he fits well in here. But he seems to really know his mods though, damn it. GRRR!!!
angry_face.gif

Feb 23, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #2,172 of 6,783
  ^ Welp the mo' crazy the mo' the "funner."  LMAO people serious use that as a word???
rolleyes.gif

Anywho haven't seen in a thread mo' fun than this one will all of us crazies adding fuel to the fyre. Lors is da' prime suspect. haha
beerchug.gif

And Godfather Pata Hypa' Priesta' is alright.
tongue.gif

^ Was just giving a hard tyme is alls, cuz thought you already got them and was holding out on us. Man there are so much modding ideas being thrown around now, so it won't be long until there is a finalized one that everyone will REALLY dig.

Maybe i need to get another modder in here to mix it up a bit??? But he is one of those cable guys so.... and it's gonna probably gonna' try to milk us with his fancy re-cables. LMAO

Lets just say there was a interesting history behind us............ on 2nd thought i better not, don't think he fits well in here. But he seems to really know his mods though, damn it. GRRR!!!
angry_face.gif

I agree entirely man! Thats why I posted that side note, lol! I view this thread crazy in a good way, though some people may not see it as such!

And yes, that term mongrels is actually a word used by people who are butthurt, lol. Just for them haters, I put mongrels so people can relax when they view this thread, lol! Though, it was more of a joke than anything, 
tongue_smile.gif

Even if that word doesn't fit us since we can't actually interbreed with the mikros headphones of ours. 

UNLESS.....lorspeaker finds a mod for that... 
wink.gif

Cosby1.gif
Ehh...on second thought lorspeaker, scratch that idea, find a way to get this to fit our heads with the best fitting possible! 
ph34r.gif

Anyways, Why not get your friend to do it in secret? Then you can reveal the big ol' plans!  
L3000.gif
 Then even more fun will ensue in this thread! This thread, to be honest, is one of the best threads I've visited in a while, when it comes to hilarious remarks, and the fun of everyone's posts. Keep it up! 
beerchug.gif

Feb 23, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #2,174 of 6,783
Cable-rolling update:

Tried the Auvio 3-ft. cable ($14.99) at Radio Shack (also come in 6-ft length for $17.99).  They come in several colors, including purple.

Cable is fairly thin and gnarly (doesn't "lay" nicely).  After about 15 hours, they give a snappy and lively 3-D sound with fairly smooth extended treble, slight midrange forwardness, (tight) midbass warmth, and nice rendering of cymbals and strings.  Soundstage seems a wee bit smaller than stock cable, though.  A fun and lively listen.  Give it a try.  Radio Shack is good abou returns as long as you save packaging and receipt.

There is also a "Radio Shack"-branded cable that looks exactly like the Auvio, but costs $3 more. 

Feb 23, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #2,175 of 6,783
Have NOT gotten to the modding yet!
The cars took longer than I anticipated on Saturday.
Plus after seeing Lors' encyclopedic modding guide, I want to try something inbetween the "Gentleman's" and the "BassHead's".  Need leather.  No Blue tack at the house.

Lors,
THANK YOU for staying on!
The honorary HYPE-Master baton is in your capable hands!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back