Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
Feb 24, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #2,191 of 6,783
Took ten days. Which is nuts considering the distance and the US weather conditions. Oh, and we just had postal strikes. But like I say, now it's time for the post office to get off its backside, which could take longer than the shipping itself.

Feb 24, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #2,192 of 6,783
same sentiment b4 i gotten it. try to suffer thru the first month...:p
and enjoy hyping !!

=======

ohhh sheeeets u have 18in subwoofers at home...??!!
anyone living within 100m of you? 

u can mod the Mikros into a headslammer...enjoy!!

=======

Swapped in a  pair of BEYER JMONEY pads onto the CDcover contraption...
huge sound, a jazz band swinging away around my head.,,
oh its ACOUSTIC ALCHEMY. nice fellas

This lady slamms so hard on my head...oooo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYDSjD9U0Eo&feature=kp

You are trying to fit a square peg in a round hole...:blink:

Feb 24, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #2,193 of 6,783
Strikes are iffy...hope they dun discard some postalbags when they piled up. 

Putting on the Bigpads can be a tricky affair...
the deeper padwalls n the resultant distance from the drivers can make the sound SHARPER.
i had to add in the stockinnerfoam to add back some basss. 
The alphapads gave the same effect on my d7k...took away some bass rumble..so i took it off the d7k

Feb 24, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #2,194 of 6,783
You are trying to fit a square peg in a round hole...
blink.gif

This squarepeg is for my home use...to replace my deceased pro900..sobsob. i love that can for classicals.

I have another Mikros incoming, that will be for street use..will tune it for BAXXSSSS

Feb 24, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #2,195 of 6,783
UPDATE: Auvio cable (on my office rig):

Poppin' out with Madonna's "Holiday".  3-D space is jumpin'/jammin'.  Bass is tight and full.  Ethereal-sounding to quote our decorated Mikros 90 Hyper-MODDSTER, Lors.  A bit of middle-high frequency emphasis/coloration with the Auvio, but it is fast and well-resolved.

Quarterflash's "Harden My Heart" very engaging.  That high frequency emphasis--especially on the lead guitar--creates an "other-worldy" feel to this track.  Transcendent, Man.

Culture Club's "Do You Really Want to Hurt Me" tight and brisk.  Love the '80s POP!

Simply Red's "Holdin' Back the Years" : BIG bass on this track.  Great upper mids- and treble- interplay between muted trumpet, tambourine and electric piano!

Mikros 90 + Auvio cable = Great POP CANnons.

Give them about 30-40 hours to settle down.

smile_phones.gif

Rank-ordering of Cable Preferences (for pataburd):

Pipeline ET-4: clear, balanced and coherent
Auvio: nicely tuned for pop venues, slight upper mid/lower treble emphasis, nice 3-D space, +PRaT, +Slamm, +midbass presence over stock [Better than the ET-4 for POP IMHO.]
Stock: a little incoherent but respectably balanced
Beats knock-off: a little less resolved, +midbass presence over stock
FiiO RC MH1: soft, a bit lackluster and slow, but nice for red wine and candle light venues

The Mikros 90 are blowin' my mind--again!!  after 400+ hours, these Babies continue to surprise and delight me!!!

LOVIN' MY LOGANSSSSSSS, MENGGGGGGG!

Feb 24, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #2,197 of 6,783
  The Mikros 90 are blowin' my mind--again!!  after 400+ hours, these Babies continue to surprise and delight me!!!

What?   I didn't quite get that. 

tongue_smile.gif

Feb 24, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #2,199 of 6,783

^ YUM!!!

well I ordered them... (obviously to get the $35 free shipping with a phone case I needed... lol). They should arrive wednesday. I'm expecting godly headphones after all this hype :p. Oh and if you need to destroy the earpads to mod these what earpads that don't cost a ridiculous amount of money ($60 alpha pads for a $70 headphone... pshh) work well and don't alter the sound too much.

Dude sf, have you heard of "The Wind Rises" (the movie) going to try to get time to go to san francisco to watch it this friday... I think that's the release, seems like an interesting movie (probably not the right place for this lol, but you know Bay Area and all)

^ Oh D'YAM that is the last Miyazaki film right??? Heard about it half passingly, anyway to score the tixz for the movie??? Probably longgggg sold out by now. haha
duggehsmile.png

Hohoho, my Mikros have apparently arrived at my local post office. I don't think I've ever had an international order ship that quickly.

Now I wonder how long it'll take the post office to process them. Probably longer than the shipping took
rolleyes.gif

^ Congrats!!! Hope your local post office steps up their game. : P

how does the vmoda fit into that range.. ?

^ V-Moda cable is crap, it's tyme to move on.
tongue.gif

UPDATE: Auvio cable (on my office rig):

Poppin' out with Madonna's "Holiday".  3-D space is jumpin'/jammin'.  Bass is tight and full.  Ethereal-sounding to quote our decorated Mikros 90 Hyper-MODDSTER, Lors.  A bit of middle-high frequency emphasis/coloration with the Auvio, but it is fast and well-resolved.

Quarterflash's "Harden My Heart" very engaging.  That high frequency emphasis--especially on the lead guitar--creates an "other-worldy" feel to this track.  Transcendent, Man.

Culture Club's "Do You Really Want to Hurt Me" tight and brisk.  Love the '80s POP!

Simply Red's "Holdin' Back the Years" : BIG bass on this track.  Great upper mids and treble interplay between muted trumpet, tambourine and electric piano!

Mikros 90 + Auvio cable = Great POP CANnons.

Give them about 30-40 hours to settle down.

smile_phones.gif

Rank-ordering of Cable Preferences (for pataburd):

Pipeline ET-4: clear, balanced and coherent
Auvio: nicely tuned for pop venues, slight upper mid/lower treble emphasis, nice 3-D space, +PRaT, +Slamm, +midbass presence over stock [Better than the ET-4 for POP IMHO.]
Stock: a little incoherent but respectably balanced
Beats knock-off: a little less resolved, +midbass presence over stock
FiiO RC MH1: soft, a bit lackluster and slow, but nice for red wine and candle light venues

+

What?   I didn't quite get that. 

tongue_smile.gif

^
Oh so you hype gias love dem lo_mengs as well huh???

.... Da' Chinese knows whats up. DAT GUD SCHIIT!!!
bigsmile_face.gif

.... but i wouldn't know since i is Blackanese. : P

Feb 24, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #2,200 of 6,783
geez...u making me hungryyy.

Put on the T1, and i am having a hard time "adjusting". 
This Mikros soars easily i tell ya.

===========================

(put back the ORIGINAL stockpads )
First time hearing the moddedMikros on stockpads,
guys , the sound is just oooo so intimate, angelic..go n pry open the little hole..
there is a heaven to gain...a sharphell to avoid.
beerchug.gif

Feb 24, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #2,202 of 6,783
shhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......man at work 

Feb 24, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #2,203 of 6,783
How many of you are listening to these unamped?  Am I the only one?

Feb 24, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #2,205 of 6,783
  How many of you are listening to these unamped?  Am I the only one?

I plan to use the Fiio X5 from HO/unamped only.   Now just using it on PC with my dated crappy Soundblaster X-Fi (1st gen).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back