Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
Feb 24, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #2,221 of 6,783

As sfwalcer likes to say:

^ LMAO nah, they are just lacking in sub bass texture, depth and quantity. Mid bass quantity/ quality is fine so calm your titties meng.

But you can never have enough of dat phat B_ASS.
L3000.gif

edit: oh that is if your sources are weak, but like many have already posted they scale crazy well with better gears so.......
... go check yo' self before yo' wreck yourself.
basshead.gif

Feb 24, 2014 at 8:56 PM Post #2,224 of 6,783

^ LMAO nah, they are just lacking in sub bass texture, depth and quantity. Mid bass quantity/ quality is fine so calm your titties meng.

L3000.gif

They do have sub-bass though.  Sure, there might be other cans out there which have more, but there are many, many models that don't have as much sub-bass as the Mikros.

Don't go spreading rumors that the Mikros is lacking sub-bass. 
mad.gif

Feb 24, 2014 at 9:03 PM Post #2,225 of 6,783
  I can literally hear the drivers crinkling as the pads push down against my ears.
It's unfortunate because while I like the sound, they're uncomfortable to me. 
Probably put them up for a cheap sale, or return them.

Before you sell them, stretch the headband.  My pair was a little too tight until I stretched them. 

Feb 24, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #2,226 of 6,783

L3000.gif

edit: oh that is if your sources are weak, but like many have already posted they scale crazy well with better gears so.......
... go check yo' self before yo' wreck yourself.
basshead.gif

You must be used to more subbass.  The Mikros' subbass is fine.  It's flat, neutral, balanced.

I still do not know what "bass texture" or anything "texture" means.

Feb 24, 2014 at 9:24 PM Post #2,227 of 6,783

Not sure if you meant the latter as a compliment or not, but regardless we'll take it as one. :)  
Oh and you MUST not have been on my threads cuz there ain't no better meng. 
cool.gif

Compliment...absolutely...nothing but the best in this thread.

Feb 24, 2014 at 9:36 PM Post #2,228 of 6,783
  Available at Newegg for $68.99, and they're offering a $20 rebate card between now and 2/28 ($48.99!).

They must really want to get rid of their stock...

^ OH WOW!!! CRAZY SWEET DEAL. Just emailed newegg to see if they will refund me the $20 for my ebay store order. If not i'll just refuse shipment and have them send it back. haha

D'YAM newegg is getting cut throat with the prices. NICE!!!

They want to steal all the customers from amazon it seems.
bigsmile_face.gif

They do have sub-bass though.  Sure, there might be other cans out there which have more, but there are many, many models that don't have as much sub-bass as the Mikros.

Don't go spreading rumors that the Mikros is lacking sub-bass. 
mad.gif

^ LoL but they are lacking that fullness, texture, depth in their sub bass though.
rolleyes.gif
If you have heard basshead audiophile cans/iem like the ATH WS99, JVC FXZ200, ATH CKS1000s, Sony XBA-H3s you'll understand whatimeng.

You must be used to more subbass.  The Mikros' subbass is fine.  It's flat, neutral, balanced.

I still do not know what "bass texture" or anything "texture" means.

^ Bass/ sub bass texture is LITERALLY the visceral sense of the bass that is felt not heard, well heard as well but yeah..... What i mean by this is that visceral/ gut sense of the music which the bass conveys.  When the sub bass is masterfully presented you can hear its deep throaty texture from the sub bass extension/depth hence there needs to be fullness in order to sound satisfying.

A lot of cans reaches deep into the sub bass regions, such as the Philips Fidelio X1s as well as these Logans (when not properly amped) but the sub bass lacks the fullness/ texture which makes it sound kinda boxy and flat. This is what i meant that there is "texture" and fullness to the sub bass.

Feb 24, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #2,229 of 6,783
fake red Beats cord better after burn in, still not there.
I'm from the "needs more bass" crowd, though, as stated earlier, it is intermittent, sometimes sounds fine, sometimes anemic.

Feb 24, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #2,230 of 6,783
Feb 24, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #2,232 of 6,783

^ Bass/ sub bass texture is LITERALLY the visceral sense of the bass that is felt not heard, well heard as well but yeah..... What i mean by this is that visceral/ gut sense of the music which the bass conveys.  When the sub bass is masterfully presented you can hear its deep throaty texture from the sub bass extension/depth hence there needs to be fullness in order to sound satisfying.

I get that visceral sense of sub-bass with the M500's and WS99's. Will be interesting to see where the 90's fit in (assuming I ever friggin' get them lol)

Feb 24, 2014 at 9:59 PM Post #2,233 of 6,783
Feb 24, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #2,234 of 6,783
Good as it is...
i dun think the stockMikros will ever overtake the TOTL bigcans.....
the drivers are being heard, "just above the waist". 
tongue_smile.gif

unless u unlock...

...erm..what are u so afraid of?

Last nite i put my T1 back into the garage after 10mins... put the moddedMikros back onto my head.
Will resolve this matter when i have more time at the next review board meeting.

Feb 24, 2014 at 11:02 PM Post #2,235 of 6,783
Amazon confirmed my $10 credit.  If anyone ordered the ML90's at the $80 price and received delivery less than 1 week ago you should be able to get a credit for the $10 price drop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back