Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
Feb 24, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #2,236 of 6,783
cleaned up my mod post...see signature for link 

Feb 25, 2014 at 1:49 AM Post #2,237 of 6,783
I dedicate this song to all my friends on this thread....
my favourite, always put me in a soulful mood...deep in the nite.

http://youtu.be/X0t87PPlpMg

from this movie..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o36EXzADXWc

Feb 25, 2014 at 2:43 AM Post #2,238 of 6,783
cleaned up my mod post...see signature for link 

+
  I dedicate this song to all my friends on this thread....
my favourite, always put me in a soulful mood...deep in the nite.

http://youtu.be/X0t87PPlpMg

from this movie..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o36EXzADXWc

^ Thanks meng, appreciate the hard work as always Lors. : P

Anywho i tried to contact the OP of this thread regarding adding all the mods/ impressions into the 1st post but he has yet to give a reply.

He probably have longgggggggg given up on this madhouse already so i can't blame him. LMAO

But still would have been nice to gather all that stuff and it up on the OP post. Oh well.

Feb 25, 2014 at 4:13 AM Post #2,239 of 6,783
I see these are back up to $79 on newegg now. Would newegg's price guarantee match amazon's $68.99 since technically amazon now has 2-5 week wait so not available for immediate shipping and they could also say their price is already lower than amazon with the $20 rebate.

But anyways are these still recommended for those that don't have any special amped source and don't plan on any modding?

Feb 25, 2014 at 5:24 AM Post #2,240 of 6,783
If u like pop jazz vocals..stock mikros with a beats cable..n a sansa clip+ or yur ipad or phone is v enjoyable.
Clear soaring highs
Captivating vocals
Textured bass.

Feb 25, 2014 at 5:43 AM Post #2,241 of 6,783
  I see these are back up to $79 on newegg now. Would newegg's price guarantee match amazon's $68.99 since technically amazon now has 2-5 week wait so not available for immediate shipping and they could also say their price is already lower than amazon with the $20 rebate.

But anyways are these still recommended for those that don't have any special amped source and don't plan on any modding?

According to what I just saw Newegg is still at $68 with $20 rebate + free shipping (4-7 business days).  Amazon does say 2-5 weeks delivery but mine came in 6 days.  I will be trying these unamped and amped from my iPod Classic today.

Feb 25, 2014 at 6:17 AM Post #2,242 of 6,783
Just got both pairs of Solo pads (blk and gray). I'll post pics later. Also, I'm thinking about sending back the CAL 2 and getting a third 90 for modding because the CAL has warmed up way, way too much for me, and I really don't want to mod my 2nd pair. Also, why has my amp been stuck 4 hours away for the last 5 days? I'm never going to hear these 90s really sing. I also want to try the CAL on it before I send it back. 

Anyway, happy listening everybody!

Feb 25, 2014 at 8:17 AM Post #2,243 of 6,783
  Well after a few days of burn in my verdict hasn't changed at all. Fantastic portable but not on the same level as the HE-6 or HD650 

After 90 days my verdict hasn't changed either.  

Just re-cabled the Mikros 90 with a Teds Headfood UPOCC silver cable.  

Ran them with the Fitz-improved Bada PH-12 tubed w/1x JAN Philips 6SN7WGTA and 2x Tung-Sol 6SN7GTB, crossfeed on lowest level.  

IMHO, neither the HE-6 nor the HD-650 approach the transcendental, eminently musical synthesis of detail, extension, resolution, balance, coherency, tonality and natural/organic 3-D spatiality of the Mikros 90.  

I have absolutely no regret for having sold the HE-6 and absolutely no inkling to re-visit the HD-650.

wink.gif

Feb 25, 2014 at 8:26 AM Post #2,244 of 6,783
Will try to make a run to Hobby Lobby for a swath of doe skin, felt discs and something akin to Blue Tac.  
Might just start with the "nude" Maxx Mod.
The "operating table" is ready.  Just have to get home before too late.

CABLE UPDATE:
THE KING IS DEAD.  LONG LIVE THE KING!
The Teds Headfood UPOCC silver cable came yesterday.  Ran it with the stock Mikros 90.
WOW!!!  Veritable cataracts of detail pour out of the Mikros 90 drivers,  The sheer detail-delivering capacity of these little gems is incredible.  It's like a controlled avalanche!!!
High frequency detail in-an-of-itself is enough to get lost in, with the bloom and "lingeration" of cymbals alone .  The midrange is the most resolved, clear and coherent I have ever heard: possessed of natural weight and warmth.  The bass is big, broad, deep and hits like a pile-driver when the recording warrants.

Feb 25, 2014 at 8:42 AM Post #2,245 of 6,783

The Mikros 90 will always bring out the best/Truth from whatever source you pair them with.  However, they will scale up and rise exactly and precisely to the occasion when the source improves and/or when amplification is introduced.  They seem limited only by the gear you match them with.  

Feb 25, 2014 at 9:13 AM Post #2,246 of 6,783
Doe skin...ox hide...n ostrich leather...all permissible with a Carven quality stamp.:p

I m excited by the prospect of silvercable with a welltuned subterraneanbass..
Hv fun!!

Feb 25, 2014 at 9:25 AM Post #2,247 of 6,783
  Will try to make a run to Hobby Lobby for a swath of doe skin, felt discs and something akin to Blue Tac.  

CABLE UPDATE:
The Teds Headfood UPOCC silver cable came yesterday.  Ran it with the stock Mikros 90.
WOW!!!  Veritable cataracts of detail pour out of the Mikros 90 drivers,  The sheer detail-delivering capacity of these little gems is incredible.  It's like a controlled avalanche!!!
High frequency detail in-an-of-itself is enough to get lost in, with the bloom and "lingeration" of cymbals alone .  The midrange is the most resolved, clear and coherent I have ever heard: possessed of natural weight and warmth.  The bass is big, broad, deep and hits like a pile-driver when the recording warrants.

Enjoy em!  And please please post pictures of em. Especially the connector plug! 

Feb 25, 2014 at 9:29 AM Post #2,248 of 6,783
Actually...a simple sansa clip+ with its free stock earbuds..with lossless music
Is already quite a treat..me sitting in another lobby enjoying celine dion singing christmas tunes :)

Feb 25, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #2,249 of 6,783

CABLE UPDATE:

Great to hear!!! So what is the damage on this cord $$$-wise? I have the beats cable on them now....and I want to vomit.....so glassy and harsh, yet muddy. I had to take the beats cable off last night after about 10 minutes because it was so migraine inducing....

So a new king of the hill? That is my next order....once my next 2 sets of Mikros 90's are delivered to me today (got 4 sets now - hahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!).

Feb 25, 2014 at 10:18 AM Post #2,250 of 6,783

CABLE UPDATE:

Great to hear!!! So what is the damage on this cord $$$-wise? I have the beats cable on them now....and I want to vomit.....so glassy and harsh, yet muddy. I had to take the beats cable off last night after about 10 minutes because it was so migraine inducing....

So a new king of the hill? That is my next order....once my next 2 sets of Mikros 90's are delivered to me today (got 4 sets now - hahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!).

KEV,
PM me and I can give you Ted's contact information.
The ($14.99) Radio Shack-supplied Auvio cable is fun for Pop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back