Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
Feb 22, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #2,118 of 6,783
  If the sound quality is quite close to On1, I won't mind getting one.

Quick...NEWEGGS...now at 69bucks...i just bot my 2nd piece..for backup. 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=mikros+90&N=-1&isNodeId=1

Feb 22, 2014 at 12:46 PM Post #2,119 of 6,783
 I find it.... VERY DIFFICULT to find a can with big bass...WITHOUT recessed mids.
And a deep textured bass...slamming weightybasss...captivating vocals...soaring highss..

v v v hard to find.

at 69bucks.

TAKEMYMONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...and not forgeting a deep soundstage...arrghhhhh...i am a depthaddict !

Feb 22, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #2,121 of 6,783
I have to get back to my older times..other cans.,,gross neglect.
Enuf hyping of this thread... its been a pleasure;
thanks to Popa Pataburd, SF and the hype committee. 
thanks Martin Logan..brilliant creation!!

I will visit u guys on the 300th page! 
Keep modding..keep digging that hole.. cheers !!

Feb 22, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #2,122 of 6,783
I made a tool to mod the Pipeline cables, its really basic, a small hand file, a short piece of vacuum tubing and some shrink tubing to hold it together, that protects the gold plug and gives me a good idea of
the OD. I spent almost an hour milling down a brass piece and then lost it, this idea just popped in my head
Sometimes the simplest ideas are the best

This is my cable, its a prototype, the quality should improve ! At least it will look this good or better.

Feb 22, 2014 at 2:18 PM Post #2,123 of 6,783

^ NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO don't leave yet fool, the fun has just began. :)

Plus the mods hasn't been finalized yet, you and Mad Mod Maxx needs to compare notes, etc etc. 

I made a tool to mod the Pipeline cables, its really basic, a small hand file, a short piece of vacuum tubing and some shrink tubing to hold it together, that protects the gold plug and gives me a good idea of
the OD. I spent almost an hour milling down a brass piece and then lost it, this idea just popped in my head

This is my cable, its a prototype, the quality should improve ! At least it will look this good or better.

^

Feb 22, 2014 at 2:48 PM Post #2,125 of 6,783

Predator,
I have the mailers ready.  Will send the ET-4s to you on Monday.  It's been--and still is--a hectic week.

Feb 22, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #2,127 of 6,783
Just a quick heads up to those (like me) who are north of the 49th. Newegg.ca has the Mikros 90's on for $89.99 right now. So I will soon be up to 4 sets of these....order is in. :)

Wow, for me that comes out to $112CN total, which is quite a bit less than I'm paying going the amazon.com to U.S. buddy to Canada pack mule route. I sure didn't think they would be put on sale in Canada like that! Oh well, that's the way it goes sometimes. Now it's a matter of not getting sucked into they hype again and becoming a hoarder like you. 4 sets? Really? Man, I need to get these puppies on my head!

Feb 22, 2014 at 4:41 PM Post #2,128 of 6,783

That's crazy talk. You're not allowed to go anywhere. If you start posting in other threads and start staying away from this one, we will find you and harass you until you get your butt back here. 
biggrin.gif

Feb 22, 2014 at 6:36 PM Post #2,130 of 6,783
  Enjoy!
They will improve over time.
Welcome and please keep us posted.

the earpads sometimes roll if not placed correctly, but they''re awesome otherwise. This is my first pair of real headphones, how can I break them in? the white noise stuff i mean. Not that it doesnt sound amazing as it is right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back