1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Marantz HD-DAC1

Discussion in 'Computer Audio' started by audionewbi, Aug 10, 2014.
Tags:
First

Back
50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59
Next

Last
  1. CWillCalho
    I figured it out. I had to change the output settings in JRiver MC.

2. MellowGold
  3. FredQc
    It was even at a lower price this morning so I had to buy it! Loves the Marantz sounds from my SR-7011 receiver. Looking forward this one.

Was: CDN$ 1,041.68
    Price: CDN$ 701.02
    FREE Shipping for Prime members
    You Save: CDN$ 340.66 (33%)

It seems that there was only one in stock at this price thought...

4. MellowGold
    Yup, it's back up to $1100; can't believe it dropped as low as $700. Great buy!

5. eeagle
    That's almost to the $499 USD price BH Photo ran back in Dec, yes, you must have gotten the last one. I started following this thread in Dec, and most in this thread seem to love this component even though it has fairly old DAC technology and low power. I do love Marantz equipment and wish I had picked one up, but I was hoping the price would go even lower. Hope you enjoy the purchase.

6. FredQc
    It will be an interesting comparaison with my Chord Qutest and Liquid Platinum amp. I know it's not in same price range but I could be pleasantly surprised. Qutest and Clear can be fatiguing on long listening.
    Also I just wished the Marantz had proper rca inputs...

7. MellowGold
    The HD-DAC1 may not have the "latest chip" but it has a smooth and warm sound that doesn't lack any detail. I think that's why so many owners appreciate it.

And while the headphone output is does not look impressive on paper (800 mw @ 32 ohms), I've yet to see it provide inadequate power. The gain settings are really well implemented and I use low gain for all of headphones expect for my DT 990 PROs (they are 250 ohms and sound best to me on mid-gain).

8. FredQc
    I've decided to cancel my order. It's back in stock now @ CDN$ 703.78 (only one)

9. eeagle
    Cavalli sound/design is hard too top; too bad you cancelled it would be nice to hear how it compared to the Marantz.

10. tokyodan
    I know the Marantz HD-DAC1 by itself is for driving headphones only but is it possible to use speakers with the Marantz HD-DAC1? I mean directly without any other amp/preamp. Would it have to be powered speakers? If so, how would the speakers be connected?

11. tokyodan
    Damn. That is wierd. In Japan they sell both black and silver. I almost bought the black one but thought that that black audio equipment went out in the 80s, so I bought the silver one and am glad I did. With it's fake woden sides it is a beautiful piece of equipment. P_20190516_104748_1_p.jpg

12. MellowGold
    Sure, just connect a set of powered speakers to the variable RCA outputs and the volume can be adjusted with the HD-DAC1's remote control.

tokyodan likes this.
  13. tokyodan
    Thanks.

14. Kukuk
    Every time someone posts a picture of the silver version I get so envious. It's so damned sharp looking. I wonder if I could find a silver one in the US for a reasonable price...

15. tokyodan

Last edited: May 15, 2019 at 11:58 PM
First

Back
50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59
Next

Last