Magni 3 Impressions
Nov 12, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #918 of 2,593
Nov 12, 2017 at 6:36 PM Post #921 of 2,593
But they aren't above chiding you to spend time with your family instead of shopping on Black Friday.
Which is what you should be doing. This crap where Black Friday starts at 5pm on Thanksgiving now shows how far we've fallen from the spirit of the holiday in the name of consumerism.

Nov 12, 2017 at 7:49 PM Post #922 of 2,593
Which is what you should be doing. This crap where Black Friday starts at 5pm on Thanksgiving now shows how far we've fallen from the spirit of the holiday in the name of consumerism.
You are right about that, it sucks and destroys the holidays!
@Jimster480 Since you have the Objective2, how does it compare to the Magni 3?
Depends really on what headphones you have, for me I sold my Magni3 because it has WAY TOO MUCH power for my headphones.
I found the bass to be slightly lower and there to be a few mid-range peaks, but honestly I have to use it with the POT almost at the bottom (like 7-8 oclock) because all my headphones are low impedance.
So the volume would get to an ear-bleeding level by even 10 oclock. I tested it with an Oppo PM-2, Denon D7200, Denon AH-MM400, Panasonic RP-HD10, 1More Quad drivers, 1More Triple drivers, Yamaha YH-2 (vintage ortho).
Only the Yamaha @ 150 ohms could actually use any of the POT travel and it topped out around 1PM in regards to "tolerable volume".

Nov 12, 2017 at 10:48 PM Post #923 of 2,593
23199086-388F-4542-B4D5-EDDDEB93962C.jpeg
Here in Vietnam I got it on hand,its size is amazing compared to its compliments here,or at least to its wall wart which is possibly designed for body building :L3000:
Cant wait to test it!!!

Nov 13, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #928 of 2,593
Has anyone compared the sound of the Magni 3 to the Vali 2? If so I would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks.

The Magni 3 and the Vali 2 are pretty similar. The main difference I hear is that the Magni is less forward in the upper mids. The treble is equally smooth on both. Soundstage is better on the Vali 2, but not by a whole lot. I have the impression that bass is tighter on the Magni 3, but since I haven't listened to my Vali 2 since I got the Magni, I'm going on memory.

The Magni is a great alternative to the Vali 2 if you don't want to mess around with tubes. It goes very well with the HD650 since it reduces the mid forwardness.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2017 at 9:53 AM Post #929 of 2,593
The Magni 3 and the Vali 2 are pretty similar. The main difference I hear is that the Magni is less forward in the upper mids. The treble is equally smooth on both. Soundstage is better on the Vali 2, but not by a whole lot. I have the impression that bass is tighter on the Magni 3, but since I haven't listened to my Vali 2 since I got the Magni, I'm going on memory.

The Magni is a great alternative to the Vali 2 if you don't want to mess around with tubes. It goes very well with the HD650 since it reduces the mid forwardness.

Thanks for the feedback. I used to own the original Magni, which was replaced by the Magni 2U, which was replaced by the Vali 2. I definitely prefer the warmer less harsh sound of the Vali 2 as compared to any Magni's I've owned. From what I've read it appears that the shrill Magni sound may have been "corrected" with the Magni 3. But, how much is the big question. Based on your response I'm getting the impression that the Magni 3 and Vali 2 are quite similar sounding.

My biggest gripe with the Magni's I've owned in the past, as well as, my current Vali 2 is the loud popping sound that comes over my Audioengine A2's when I power on these amps. Does this also happen with the Magni 3? I guess I need to get into the habit of turning the volume dial down and off on the A2's to avoid that annoying racket.

Nov 13, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #930 of 2,593
My biggest gripe with the Magni's I've owned in the past, as well as, my current Vali 2 is the loud popping sound that comes over my Audioengine A2's when I power on these amps. Does this also happen with the Magni 3? I guess I need to get into the habit of turning the volume dial down and off on the A2's to avoid that annoying racket.

I also own A2s, but haven't tried them with the Magni. I would be surprised, though, if the protection circuit is any different than what's in the Vali 2. I would guess it still has the same pop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back