1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Magni 3 Impressions

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last
  1. CarlosUnchained
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Frequency Response: 20Hz-20Khz, -0.1db, 2Hz-900KHz, -3dB

Maximum Power, 16 ohms: 3W RMS per channel
    Maximum Power, 32 ohms: 2W RMS per channel
    Maximum Power, 50 ohms: 1.3W RMS per channel
    Maximum Power, 300 ohms: 430mW RMS per channel
    Maximum Power, 600 ohms: 230mW RMS per channel

THD: Less than 0.001%, 20Hz-20KHz, at 1V RMS, less than 0.02% at 5V RMS into 32 ohms
    IMD: Less than 0.001%, CCIF

SNR: Greater than 108db, unweighted, referenced to 1V RMS

Crosstalk: -70dB, 20 Hz-20KHz

Output Impedance: Less than 0.3 ohms at either gain

Gain: 2 (6db) or 7 (17db), selectable via rear switch
    Topology: fully discrete, fully complementary all-bipolar, symmetrical current-feedback design with no capacitors in the signal path and DC servo
    Protection: Standard failsafe DC power input and muting relay

Power Supply: “Wall wart” style 24VA 14VAC transformer, regulated +/- 17V rails with over 6,000uF filter capacitance
    Power Consumption: 6W

Size: 5 x 3.5 x 1.25”

Weight: 1 lb

2. CarlosUnchained
    Anybody with a Vali 2 ordering a Magni 3?

I'd love to hear some comparisons before purchasing.

dhm78 and volly like this.
  3. MementoMori99
    It is my opinion that for relatively smooth treble, the Vali 2, Asgard 2 and Lyr 2 are the best options for Schiit amps. I own the Vali 2 because it suits my needs(power and preference for smooth treble) and has a price point of under $200. I am curious as to whether the Magni 3 has smooth treble.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    Turdski likes this.
  4. HipHopScribe
    I have a Vali 2, just ordered a Magni 3. I'm curious to see how they compare

Turdski and CarlosUnchained like this.
  5. CarlosUnchained
    Great! Let us know :)

6. neurofone
    I have a Modi 2 / Vali 1 combo and just ordered the Magni 3. Got a pair of AKG K7XX. As much as I like the Vali, I can't stand the microphonics every time I touch the volume knob. Back to solid state !

7. lordskh
    I'm interested to see how this will compare with the Asgard 2 given that the Magni 3 stemmed from the development of the Asgard 3 and is less than half the price.

8. genclaymore
    I really curious on how it compares to the jotunheim's SE connection. Since it looks like the magni 3 packs alot of power for its small size.

9. RiflemanFirst
    I'm considering buying a Magni 3 to go with my Mimby/Vali 2 stack as well. Looking forward to reading your impressions!

10. Matt*S.
    Ordered a Magni 3, currently using a Maverick D2 DAC, we'll see how it sounds soon. I'll be comparing it with a Meier Corda Aria as well as a LD MKIII.

11. Turdski
    I think I'm gonna try one downstream from my Saga, a la 'Sagaheim'. Previously I had a Vali 2 (among many other Schiit amps), but had to sell off a bunch of stuff. I'm curious how Saga > Magni 3 will compare to the Vali 2, which I found to very enjoyable.

12. CarlosUnchained
    Magni 3 can do balanced. Just buy two and a splitter. Still $200 cheaper than the Jot and nothing less than 6W RMS @ 16 Ohms.

alphanumerix1 likes this.
  13. TjPhysicist
    ok guys question: i can swap my M2 for an M3 (I use mrspeakers Aeon so don't REALLY need the extra power). BUT the switch will cost me $50-$70....should i do it?

14. TjPhysicist
    is that really how that works? i just hook up w magni's to my modi via a splitter and now i have a balanced mega-magni?

15. Pyrolistical
    How do you convert the two 3 pole 1/4" to a single 4 pin xlr?

You would need to pin out the XLR male jack with:
    pin 1: left T+R
    pin 2: left S
    pin 3: right T+R
    pin 4: right S

Dunno where you would buy such a cable...

Schiit should do an Aprils fools joke that puts two Vidars in monoblock into a single larger chassis and adds the specs together

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last