Magni 3 Impressions

1. DavidA
    I would not worry about not being able to hear much of a difference in DACs or amps, all that really matters is that you like the sound of your gear and if you like the cheaper gear better use the savings for more music, another headphone or wine. The Magni3 is a great amp for the price and to me better than the Jot since the Jot is a bit too bright with some headphones for me while the Magni3 is a little warmer and pairs with more headphones IMO. But if you are going to get the HD6XX the Jot balanced would be my choice over the Magni3 any day even at 4 times the cost.
    Don't forget that what is "better" to me might not be to you since audio is a personal preference, very few right or wrong, better or worst most of the time.

2. UNOE
    I already have SMSL M8. You all think this will pair well with Magni 3?

3. Jimster480
    Yes, I tested the two and it sounds great

trellus likes this.
  4. ofilippov
    Honestly, I think it will be enough. If you want further experiments, you could search for linear power supply from China for $50 on ebay. I've read several times that it improves sound from m8.

5. UNOE
    For sure thanks

6. DJ The Rocket
    I feel the Magni 3 will pair well with ANY dac that sounds good to you

FrivolsListener and ofilippov like this.
  7. UNOE
    sounds good

8. DJ The Rocket
    So this morning my dad came over and saw the Magni/Momby stack on my desk looking all sleek and pretty and asked what it was. He couldn't stop laughing after I explained about Schiit xD

9. DavidA
    Is "Momby" the new nickname for the "Mimby"?

10. DJ The Rocket
    It's the correct name, AFAIC. It's a Modi, not a Midi! For the same reason that a Bimby isn't called a Bomby

11. DavidA
    This is the first time I've seen the Modi MB called a "Momby" so I was curious to see if there was a post to say why it was changed from Mimby to Momby.

12. DJ The Rocket
    I changed what *I* call it, you all can call it whatever you want. I think my way makes more sense, as far as these things ever actually make sense, but unfortunately I don't foresee my way catching on any time soon xD

13. treecloud
    How can it be? "Daddy" nick named his baby Mimby! Show some Respect! :angry:

14. DavidA
    I always called the Modi MB a Mimby and that is why I was curious when I saw the "Momby" name used, LOL, If this upsets you I'm sorry but it was a question that has been answered by @DJ The Rocket

15. uoods
    Anyone have a sense of whether these will be on sale for BF?