1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

= MADE IN THE USA =

First

Back
Next

Last
  1. megabigeye
    Don't forget ALO Audio, Campfire's sister company.

2. pr0ggy
    Good catch, added!

3. gemNeye
    I just read a 2016 review from Steve Guttenberg "The Audiophiliac" of CNET and Stereophile about the KOSS ESP-950 electrostatic headphone and its companion E-90 amplifier. He mentioned that this particular model is manufactured in Milwaukee. It makes sense that their TOTL headphone is made here in the US.

Etymotic does the same thing with their TOTL ER4 model which is Made in the USA. Their similar ER3 model is made in China though.

Another American company that manufactures their earphones in the USA is Periodic Audio. They explicitly have an Assembled in the USA badge under each model's description when you visit their website.

https://periodicaudio.com/product/be/
    https://periodicaudio.com/product/ti/
    https://periodicaudio.com/product/mg/

So yeah, perhaps add KOSS and Periodic Audio to your list?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    pr0ggy likes this.
  4. chimney189
    This is a great thread

pr0ggy likes this.
  5. megabigeye
    pr0ggy likes this.
  6. Whazzzup
    Heck of a lot more companies than this, course with trump still in power his trade wars, countries like Canada are national security threats under fake 232 use, the list identifies what we should not buy until impeachment or whatever :blush:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  7. pr0ggy
  8. serman005
    conrad-johnson is a US company. I'm pretty sure they hand-make their gear in Fairfax, Virginia. Could be wrong on some part of the build process, but I'm pretty sure I am right on that.

9. serman005
    Mark Levinson is a US subsidiary of harman. Krell is based in Orange, CT. I do not know what proportion of these high-end producers' products are US-designed, -assembled, or -built.

10. megabigeye
    Alclair is another USA based company. I think their IEMs are made in Minnesota.

11. mkarikom
    Anyone know which of the US ciem manufacturers actually build their pieces stateside? 64, JHA, Sensaphonics?

With the current trade situation I feel like that info is key to even remotely predictable pricing and turnaround time.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  12. mkarikom
    Also there may be variation across models.

13. mkarikom
    In general, Im a huge fan of global supply and manufacturing, but in the current age of political irrationality, things we never used to have to think about are becoming relevant, and not just for audio.

A year ago, made in China = affordable, reliable, fast, and (in most cases) state-of-the-art. Now, that equation has changed

14. cddc
    Monolith amps or headphones

15. cddc
    Massdrop?

First

Back
Next

Last