"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
May 12, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #5,972 of 6,388
Quote:
Quote:
Gotta balance it man. The 1/4 jack on that thing is awful.

Next step. :)

biggrin.gif

May 12, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #5,973 of 6,388
Quote:
just found out an hour ago, the t50rp is actually a semi closed/open can...and there is a T40rp closed version.
And maddog is closed, n uses the t50rp as a base-model..true?
y not the t40rp...? noob question. 
popcorn.gif

Yes, the Mad Dog is a modded T50RP and became in the modding proces closed back.
The stock T50RP is semi closed.

May 12, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #5,974 of 6,388
Quote:
Quote:
just found out an hour ago, the t50rp is actually a semi closed/open can...and there is a T40rp closed version.
And maddog is closed, n uses the t50rp as a base-model..true?
y not the t40rp...? noob question. 
popcorn.gif

Yes, the Mad Dog is a modded T50RP and became in the modding proces closed back.
The stock T50RP is semi closed.

The Mad Dogs have a piece of felt over the vents on the cans, so I wouldn't call them fully closed back.

May 12, 2013 at 5:07 PM Post #5,976 of 6,388
The MD is one of the best headphones in terms of noise leak/isolation I have heard. So yes, take it as a true closed back.

edit: I want these. I wish I could afford them. :frown:

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfUpn6pJFrs][/VIDEO]

This sounds stellar off the MD.

May 13, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #5,977 of 6,388
I'm not sure how long it takes something to ship from California to New York (Newegg only takes several days when shipped from California), but I'm still waiting for my Mad Dog headphones that I ordered on May 2nd.  I finally got my private message from Mr. Speaker on May 5th confirming it was shipped, but my subsequent private message (on May 8th) asking for tracking numbers, which i asked the first time, hasn't been responded to.  I know he's posted here several times since my private message.  

The mail just came and still the wait continues.

May 13, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #5,978 of 6,388
Quote:
I'm not sure how long it takes something to ship from California to New York (Newegg only takes several days when shipped from California), but I'm still waiting for my Mad Dog headphones that I ordered on May 2nd.  I finally got my private message from Mr. Speaker on May 5th confirming it was shipped, but my subsequent private message (on May 8th) asking for tracking numbers, which i asked the first time, hasn't been responded to.  I know he's posted here several times since my private message.  

I believe Dan said he was away at the moment. Could be a reason that your order has been delayed somewhat. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeakers /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm working on a FAQ for the site and the doc will live there.  Here it is again for anyone who'd like to reference it. 

FYI, I'm out of the office for  a few days on family stuff.  We'll be shipping domestically within 48 hours of orders, International orders will ship Monday and Tuesday, as the staff isn't trained on International shipping yet.  

I'll also be offline most of the time.

May 13, 2013 at 4:13 PM Post #5,979 of 6,388
Quote:

I was moving my mom for the last 5 days and got behind on messages.  Will PM you tracking.

It should only take 3 work days, btw.  However, three times this year USPS has had up to a week of delay for no reason.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
May 13, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #5,980 of 6,388
Quote:

It should only take 3 work days, btw.  However, three times this year USPS has had up to a week of delay for no reason.

I recently sent a set of DT880s (that I sold after buying my Mad Dogs) to a buyer in Kansas.  I dropped the USPS Priority box at my Brooklyn P.O. at 9am on a Monday morning.  By the next day it had departed NY.  The nothing until Wednesday when it arrived in...Portland, Oregon!!  There it sat for 36 hours until it was reported as departing on Friday.  On Saturday it arrived... in Oakland, California!?!?!  They turned it around the same day and it finally was delivered just outside Witchita, Kansas on Tuesday. 8 days for Priority Mail is unusual in my experience but obviously not unknown.

May 13, 2013 at 8:24 PM Post #5,981 of 6,388
Yeah, USPS has worked GREAT in 99.5% of our shipments, literally.  Fortunately we've only lost two 1/4" cables, and then had a few "why is this one week late for no obvious reason" events.  I'd expect Fedex and UPS don't do much better, and they charge more, so...

BTW, I added the iBasso DB2 and PB2 balanced to my setup for portable balanced testing.  A bit bulky, but hugely powerful and works great, and since they're separates it can also just be an amp (roughly 2 Watts per channel into 50ohms!).  Anyone have the RSA Intruder?  I had a chance to listen and really enjoyed it at RMAF.  It's quite small yet packs a ton of power and sounded great in my brief listen.  

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
May 13, 2013 at 8:38 PM Post #5,982 of 6,388
I just made a trade with a member for some Mad Dogs, and after reading through a few pages I'm really looking forward to hearing them. Is there any way to know which tune up they have, since they are coming with both Dog Pads and Alpha Pads, and I don't know when they were originally purchased?

Also looking to compare them with my K550's, seeing as a few people here seem to not care for the K550 (I personally love that headphone) though I hope the Mad Dogs pleasantly surprise me
biggrin.gif

May 13, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #5,983 of 6,388
Quote:
I just made a trade with a member for some Mad Dogs, and after reading through a few pages I'm really looking forward to hearing them. Is there any way to know which tune up they have, since they are coming with both Dog Pads and Alpha Pads, and I don't know when they were originally purchased?

Also looking to compare them with my K550's, seeing as a few people here seem to not care for the K550 (I personally love that headphone) though I hope the Mad Dogs pleasantly surprise me
biggrin.gif

It's probably a revision 2.0 or so, upgraded to the Alpha pads making them version 3.0 if I'm not mistaken.
I found the K550 to be a bit dry and stale compared to the MD, which is much warmer and more fun than the K550. I think you'll like them though. 
smily_headphones1.gif

May 13, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #5,984 of 6,388
I'm sorry for the quick question-do current MDs come with the comfort strap? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back