"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Oct 2, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #1,276 of 6,388
Quote:

I use the mail processing function in PayPal.  It is not, unfortunately, consistent in sending notifications.  If I do batch shipping, then emails go out.  If I do individual shipping it's unpredictable, and I can't control it.  If you PM with your name/order number/date I can get your tracking info. 

All Mad Dogs with Dog pads ordered prior to yesterday have now shipped. 

And there you go!  Dan the man!  Awesome once again. :)

Oct 2, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #1,278 of 6,388
Quote:
So does Dan send out an email when he ships out your headphones? I ordered a pair on 9-12 and haven't heard from him since.

In my case it was a paypal notification with a tracking number.  Dan has been very reachable and approachable for me via both email and PM, even answering pre-purchase amp questions.  For the record, we determined that the Pico Slim should at least be decent, it has 350 mW output, and Dan recommends a minimum of 100 mW.  It won't be a Schiit Lyr or other desktop with a nice +/- 15V swing by any means, but should do them justice for my use.  I listen pretty quietly and on the move from place to place most of the time.

Quick aside - the little Pico Slim does relatively not bad with the DT 770 600 ohm cans as well.  Not desktop amp level by any means, but very nice.

Oct 3, 2012 at 9:37 AM Post #1,280 of 6,388
Hello.

I already have the "previous" iteration without the Dog Pads and I can say that the Leckerton can drive them well enough on High gain setting and it sounds great.

Oct 3, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #1,282 of 6,388
Still wondering if there are updated measurements for the new pads and all that...sorry if there are and I missed them.

Oct 3, 2012 at 4:58 PM Post #1,283 of 6,388
Sigh, just checked tracking once I realized it was almost 2 pm and they weren't here...  Delivery is now expected tomorrow.  My impressions will be from am iPod touch driving a Pico Slim - should be a fine enough pairing, but certainly not the same as a nice desctop amp with +/- 12 or 15 V.

Oct 3, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #1,285 of 6,388
Oct 3, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #1,287 of 6,388
Quote:
Yo, quick question, would this be better with a solid state (JDS Labs O2) or tube (Bottlehead Crack OTL) amp?

The crack is best with 300 to 600 ohm headphones.

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #1,288 of 6,388
Quote:
Yo, quick question, would this be better with a solid state (JDS Labs O2) or tube (Bottlehead Crack OTL) amp?

I don't have either amp you mention; however, I do own solid state and tube amps.  On the SS side, I've got a Schiit Asgard and the headphone jack out of my Marantz 2270 (I prefer the Asgard).  On the tube side, I have 2 OTL amps, a cheap chinese OTL amp (Sense Phenix) and a Decware CSP2+, and 1 transformer-coupled amp (Bottlehead S.E.X.).  I prefer the Asgard to the OTL options; however, the S.E.X. is a great option.  I also have a Decware Taboo on the way which should be an even better match.  Do you normally have a preference for tubes or SS amplification?

Oct 4, 2012 at 1:54 AM Post #1,290 of 6,388
Just lookin' for something that has a good price to sound/versatility ratio...

I don't have either amp you mention; however, I do own solid state and tube amps.  On the SS side, I've got a Schiit Asgard and the headphone jack out of my Marantz 2270 (I prefer the Asgard).  On the tube side, I have 2 OTL amps, a cheap chinese OTL amp (Sense Phenix) and a Decware CSP2+, and 1 transformer-coupled amp (Bottlehead S.E.X.).  I prefer the Asgard to the OTL options; however, the S.E.X. is a great option.  I also have a Decware Taboo on the way which should be an even better match.  Do you normally have a preference for tubes or SS amplification?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back