"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Oct 1, 2012 at 9:47 PM Post #1,261 of 6,388
Quote:
I can shed some light on the difference between the "faulty" and intended version. I happened to get one of the faulty versions so my previous comments are no longer valid.

Dan was kind enough to send me a corrected pair of phones days after I expressed some issues withe the first pair. nearly everything I had previously had issue with has been solved. They no longer sound congested or veiled and the soundstage, imaging, clarity, and separation have improved drastically. The mids, particularly upper mids, I had disliked before have are no longer an issue. Vocals no longer seem buried and everything is now well balanced. It sounds like the entire frequency response now has room to breathe and is no longer piled up on each other competing for attention.

I was previously on the edge about keeping them, but with the improvements they are here to stay. They are a tremendous value at $300. The few days, with the improved version, the Mad Dogs have received exclusive headtime.

Very nice, Farnsworth. Something didn't seem right, glad Dan corrected the problem.

What I ment is: LUCKY YOU, DAN MUST REALLY LIKE YOU 
tongue.gif

Oct 1, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #1,262 of 6,388
Quote:
Very nice, Farnsworth. Something didn't seem right, glad Dan corrected the problem.

What I ment is: LUCKY YOU, DAN MUST REALLY LIKE YOU 
tongue.gif

Thanks for the feedback, Farnsworth! 

When I read Farnsworth's comments I took them seriously and obviously came to concur.  Who better to ensure I had addressed the issue?  I actually have more than 5% of my customers involved in some form of feedback for prototypes, etc.  I mostly pick people who express a clear opinion about an area of the phone that doesn't work for them.

Like all products, my product is imperfect. I have had nothing but positive experiences working with customer feedback to improve and validate product.  

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Oct 1, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #1,263 of 6,388
Quote:

Thanks for the feedback, Farnsworth! 

When I read Farnsworth's comments I took them seriously and obviously came to concur.  Who better to ensure I had addressed the issue?  I actually have more than 5% of my customers involved in some form of feedback for prototypes, etc.  I mostly pick people who express a clear opinion about an area of the phone that doesn't work for them.

Like all products, my product is imperfect. I have had nothing but positive experiences working with customer feedback to improve and validate product.  

It is a productive way to get a better understanding of the product. Not to mention give us an venue to complain, and force
"you guys" to speak up. 

But then, there's "those other guys" who should be screened from your products, Period. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 2, 2012 at 4:23 AM Post #1,266 of 6,388
Just to chip in, Dan did the same for me.He replaced the phones after I got the less-bass pair.

No complaints at all from me, in fact I,m saving for another pair after he has tweaked it a bit more.
gs1000.gif

If he ever stops making headphones, he could surely teach other headphone companies a thing or two in customer satisfaction.

Oct 2, 2012 at 6:25 AM Post #1,267 of 6,388
Just to chip in, Dan did the same for me.He replaced the phones after I got the less-bass pair.

No complaints at all from me, in fact I,m saving for another pair after he has tweaked it a bit more.:gs1000smile:

If he ever stops making headphones, he could surely teach other headphone companies a thing or two in customer satisfaction.

I have to agree... the level of support being given is astronomical. Amazing. :)

Oct 2, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #1,268 of 6,388
Quote:
Wow, paid yesterday, and a shipping label tonight. Might get them this week. Cool! I ordered the vmoda audio cable and the one with the 3 button remote. Mainly just want a shorter cable.

I guess Dan is at least currently caught up with inventory:

USPS tracking:
Expected Delivery By:
October 3, 2012

I did a bit of excited noodling around on the web - Dan has garnered a fair amount of positive press outside of head-fi, which excites me.  Congratulations Dan!

Oct 2, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #1,269 of 6,388
I'm going to eventually buy another pair of headphones to compliment my Darth Beyer V4's. I was thinking of either getting the Mad Dogs, HE-400, or AH-D5000. I have the Dacport LX and Burson Soloist amp. 

Oct 2, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #1,271 of 6,388
So can anyone comment on the dog pads vs the (I can't recall the name) ones that ship stock with the Mad Dogs we got originally? The pads with the white stitching on the outside.

Oct 2, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #1,272 of 6,388
Quote:
So does Dan send out an email when he ships out your headphones? I ordered a pair on 9-12 and haven't heard from him since.

Try e-mailing him about it.  Dan has been awesome to communicate with - it's likely either he missed it on accident or it didn't get to him.  The order, on the other hand - no idea.  I've not received a direct response about my order but rather a mass e-mail in regards to the new ear pad upgrades.  However, when I have e-mailed him directly, I usually get a response within 24 hours easily.

Oct 2, 2012 at 8:31 PM Post #1,273 of 6,388
Did you just use the email address on his site? Because I have tried that with no response.

I'm not upset, this guy obviously cares about his customer base a lot and it could be pretty easy to overlook an email or two

Oct 2, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #1,274 of 6,388
Quote:
So does Dan send out an email when he ships out your headphones? I ordered a pair on 9-12 and haven't heard from him since.

I use the mail processing function in PayPal.  It is not, unfortunately, consistent in sending notifications.  If I do batch shipping, then emails go out.  If I do individual shipping it's unpredictable, and I can't control it.  If you PM with your name/order number/date I can get your tracking info. 

All Mad Dogs with Dog pads ordered prior to yesterday have now shipped. 

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Oct 2, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #1,275 of 6,388
Yeah, I used the e-mail that was on his site.  No idea... I've not had one e-mail be ignored or missed would be the better word in Dan's case.  I'd say something else is up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back