"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Jul 17, 2012 at 9:55 AM Post #406 of 6,388
to my ears, it has better treble extension than the lcd2 (i had r1) but is missing a little bit of the silkiness of the lcd2. being a closed headphone, there will be some differences there, but overall i think the MDs are awesome.

Jul 17, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #407 of 6,388
Quote:
Excellent day today, three parcels received within hours. Both RMA'd LCD-3 and Mad Dogs and as a bonus Lake People G109S. 
biggrin.gif

Much thanks to Dan for spending holiday time to fix up the bass! I can say that it IS very close to LCD-2 levels now. 
basshead.gif

Thanks for reminding me! (had already forgotten!!!! Sticky note written!) I will send my Mad Dogs to Dan next week.

So the bass is more "present" now you say? Nice.

Jul 17, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #410 of 6,388
i wish i could use headphones at work. =\  nice setup! and focus, keep shipping.

Jul 17, 2012 at 1:06 PM Post #411 of 6,388
That's a funky looking keyboard, is it one of those Das or whatchamacallit label-less keyboards?

Haha yeah, it's from www.wasdkeyboards.com. It's so satisfying to type on.

Quote:
i wish i could use headphones at work. =\  nice setup! and focus, keep shipping.

:frowning2: I don't know if I could get through the day without them! I'm in an open workspace so the isolation is very welcome (the Mad Dogs isolate particularly well).

It's hard to focus otherwise :wink:

Jul 18, 2012 at 12:32 AM Post #413 of 6,388
Anyone know of a good travel case that the MD's will fit into nicely? There is the HE case at head-direct but not sure the T50's will fit. Was thinking about buying a SLR camera case so I can put the O2+ODac in as well as I ferry the whole setup between home and work, but couldn't find a bag the right size, they were either too small or way too big. Argh.

A side note - Got the O2+ODac in from epiphany-acoustics, pretty cool! I'm reserving a full listening judgement on the MD's until they get fixed (mine have the bass issue as well). Dan's been amazing to deal with regarding the issue. Living in BFUAE doesn't make things like RMA'ing easy, and he's been a star.

-Dirk

Jul 18, 2012 at 12:40 AM Post #414 of 6,388
You could just get a cheapo bag like --> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Headphone-Bag-Anti-impact-for-Sennheiser-HD800-HD650-AKG-K701-Audio-Technica-/110916939744?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item19d32a2fe0

I have two of those... they work for me...

Jul 18, 2012 at 3:24 AM Post #415 of 6,388
Quote:
Anyone know of a good travel case that the MD's will fit into nicely? There is the HE case at head-direct but not sure the T50's will fit. Was thinking about buying a SLR camera case so I can put the O2+ODac in as well as I ferry the whole setup between home and work, but couldn't find a bag the right size, they were either too small or way too big. Argh.

A side note - Got the O2+ODac in from epiphany-acoustics, pretty cool! I'm reserving a full listening judgement on the MD's until they get fixed (mine have the bass issue as well). Dan's been amazing to deal with regarding the issue. Living in BFUAE doesn't make things like RMA'ing easy, and he's been a star.

-Dirk

http://www.mypilotstore.com/mypilotstore/tag/headset%20bag

http://www.tagpilotsupply.com/headsetbags.aspx

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/251060441488?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649&clk_rvr_id=354522457208#ht_6190wt_1165

beerchug.gif

Jul 18, 2012 at 4:04 AM Post #417 of 6,388
Quote:

-Dirk

Make your own:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back