"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Oct 10, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #1,367 of 6,388
Quote:
The 840 pads aren't sewn on, so yes.

I see you own the LCD3, HE6 as well as the MDs. I'd be interested in your thoughts between the mad dogs and your super headphones. It shouldn't be a comparison really, but i'd like to know anyway 
tongue.gif

Oct 10, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #1,368 of 6,388
Quote:

I see you own the LCD3, HE6 as well as the MDs. I'd be interested in your thoughts between the mad dogs and your super headphones. It shouldn't be a comparison really, but i'd like to know anyway 
tongue.gif

No, not fair at all. 2 very good open orthos against a closed one. With that said, every headphone has a use,
If you'd like to know more you can PM me, I'll write a mini review or something. 

Don't want to derail this thread. Order rank. 1. LCD-3 2. HE-6. 3. Mad Dog. 4. LCD-2.

Oct 10, 2012 at 5:15 PM Post #1,369 of 6,388
Quote:
 No, not fair at all. 2 very good open orthos against a closed one. With that said, every headphone has a use,
If you'd like to know more you can PM me, I'll write a mini review or something. 

Don't want to derail this thread. Order rank. 1. LCD-3 2. HE-6. 3. Mad Dog. 4. LCD-2.

I actually don't think you'd be derailing the thread at all... you'll still be discussing the Pros and Cons of the Mad Dogs against your other headphones as you see it... :wink:

Oct 10, 2012 at 6:05 PM Post #1,372 of 6,388
Quote:

Para,

I think you made a mistake on your rankings  
wink_face.gif

Once/if I decide on a speaker amp that might change. But that's doubtful.
I really enjoy the Audeze house sound. And plus LCD-4 will probably be no.1 by then. 
tongue.gif

Oct 10, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #1,373 of 6,388
Quote:
Once/if I decide on a speaker amp that might change. But that's doubtful.
I really enjoy the Audeze house sound. And plus LCD-4 will probably be no.1 by then. 
tongue.gif

I know - I was just joking.  I need to get the LCD-3s - liking LCD-2.2s less and less with all these neutral type headphones - the ones that just let the music come through.

Like the MDs the Paradoxes the HE-6s - I'm now enjoying the HE-500s as well.

Oct 10, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #1,374 of 6,388
Wow-LOL...Nothing like planning ahead

If/when,what speaker amp do you have your eye on///Just curious??

Oct 10, 2012 at 6:15 PM Post #1,376 of 6,388
Quote:

I know - I was just joking.  I need to get the LCD-3s - liking LCD-2.2s less and less with all these neutral type headphones - the ones that just let the music come through.

Like the MDs the Paradoxes the HE-6s - I'm now enjoying the HE-500s as well.

I know, I know. Having the Paradox changes things quite a bit. But you have a plethora of complimenting cans/jealous. 
biggrin.gif

Do you have the Dog Pads? And how are you liking the HE-500's?

Oct 10, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #1,377 of 6,388
Quote:
I know, I know. Having the Paradox changes things quite a bit. But you have a plethora of complimenting cans/jealous. 
biggrin.gif

Do you have the Dog Pads? And how are you liking the HE-500's?

Yep - DPs are in da house.   The HE-500s are very surprising.  Some may argue but they are "just" about equal to the HE-6 on my headphone amps.  They're not a good candidate for speaker amps though "IMO" to efficient.

Oct 10, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #1,378 of 6,388
Quote:

Yep - DPs are in da house.   The HE-500s are very surprising.  Some may argue but they are "just" about equal to the HE-6 on my headphone amps.  They're not a good candidate for speaker amps though "IMO" to efficient.

What are your thoughts on the DP's? I know some would argue that, I can't really see it. I prefer the LCD-2 to the HE-500's.
But then again, that's what makes this hobby of ours incredibly fun.

Oct 10, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #1,379 of 6,388
Quote:
What are your thoughts on the DP's? I know some would argue that, I can't really see it. I prefer the LCD-2 to the HE-500's.
But then again, that's what makes this hobby of ours incredibly fun.

The LCD-2.2s are sometimes to colored for me, to much tilted to the bass.  The DPs are very comfy, I get a better seal.

Oct 10, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #1,380 of 6,388
Quote:

The LCD-2.2s are sometimes to colored for me, to much tilted to the bass.  The DPs are very comfy, I get a better seal.

Yep, I get that. I can't wait until I get off my lazy ass and send my MD to Dan. haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back