"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Oct 10, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #1,382 of 6,388
Quote:
Same here, I just got mine back from BTG Audio after I had the split done. I'll send to to Dan soon, prob Friday if I don't sleep the whole day as it's my only day off.

I'm waiting until after RMAF. This might help out Dan, as I'm sure he's busy as it is.
Want to hear more impressions about the DP's though! So c'mon!

Oct 10, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #1,385 of 6,388
I might have to get my MD's re cabled yet again.  This damn cable is to stiff not flexible at all.  I know Dan doesn't want me to but its getting unbearable.  This cable is from Bryan at Zynsonix Cables..  Not Brian at BTG.  I'm going with a Q or a Skuld.

Oct 10, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #1,386 of 6,388
Quote:
I might have to get my MD's re cabled yet again.  This damn cable is to stiff not flexible at all.  I know Dan doesn't want me to but its getting unbearable.  This cable is from Bryan at Zynsonix Cables..  Not Brian at BTG.  I'm going with a Q or a Skuld.

That is a bummer. I have to wonder just how stiff. I'd say either Q or Norse. Of course, Steve is my vote. 

Oct 10, 2012 at 6:59 PM Post #1,387 of 6,388
Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Oct 10, 2012 at 7:05 PM Post #1,388 of 6,388
Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Oct 10, 2012 at 8:56 PM Post #1,389 of 6,388
Quote:

Not recommended...

Really? Malveux said they were amazing with the Stax EP-007 pads. I just wanted to see what you said. Very surprised..

Oct 10, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #1,390 of 6,388
Quote:
Really? Malveux said they were amazing with the Stax EP-007 pads. I just wanted to see what you said. Very surprised..

I recommend the Modded Fostex T50RP w/Stax Pads 
basshead.gif

Oct 10, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #1,392 of 6,388
Quote:

I would note that you had one of the units I wanted returned for modification, and is not representative of the target sound.  The mids and highs were off, so you have not heard a correctly tuned unit.  Not that this is intended to sound like a HE 400 or D5000...  I'll let others comment on that.  
smile.gif

Interesting. Just curious, why was the headphone shipped out to a customer knowing it was a bad measuring unit? 

Oct 10, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #1,394 of 6,388
Thanks for the measurements!

Oct 10, 2012 at 11:21 PM Post #1,395 of 6,388
Quote:
Interesting. Just curious, why was the headphone shipped out to a customer knowing it was a bad measuring unit? 

That isn't what happened.  New products can have issues.  In this case, I had tuned the final production slightly off in response to a last minute part delivery not meeting spec.  I was already late and trying to balance the adjustment with missing my ship commitments, which I take seriously. It was the spec I set that ended up being the problem. 

I fixed the issue as soon as I realized I had it and recalled the affected units at my expense.  Some of those who have gotten the fixed units have shared their opinion of the experience and the product.  I'll never claim to be perfect, but if I mess up I can say that I'll fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back