"Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review
Feb 27, 2013 at 11:53 PM Post #3,781 of 6,388
Quote:
Where, i could not find a tracking...

When he gives you comfirmation that he has shipped them. I'm guessing you ordered them a couple of hours ago? He ran out of stock, first come first serve, he might ship yours out tomorrow.

Feb 27, 2013 at 11:53 PM Post #3,782 of 6,388
Where, i could not find a tracking...
I never got one either, I was going to email him, but that day I received it...

Feb 27, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #3,783 of 6,388
Quote:
Anybody else having trouble wearing glasses with the Mad Dogs (Alpha pad)? For the life of me I just can't ...
confused.gif
, They are way better with contacts on!

No more than usual, less than with some.  Much better than the dog pads.  Still better without.

Feb 28, 2013 at 12:16 AM Post #3,785 of 6,388
Can't find it, but basically noted that the LCD2.2s were much brighter sounding IMHO, probably due to being open. Mad Dogs have more bass but LCD2.2s were godlike to me. Mad Dog wins in comfort, but both are fine once you get used to them...

Feb 28, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #3,786 of 6,388
Mad Dogs have more bass? I thought they were neutral..

Feb 28, 2013 at 12:48 AM Post #3,787 of 6,388
Mad Dogs have more bass? I thought they were neutral..
They r a closed can...

Still it shouldn't b to long. With express shipping hopefully I'll get em Friday.

Now a few of the bass head can guys hate the mad dog for to little bass soo... It should b fairy linear bass. Lcd2 is a linear +5-6 on graphs... Still i do NOT want these to b over bassy like the cheapo dj 100... So i really hope i like em... If they r as balanced as they say :3, still though even with tubes my 880s can b a, little thin (mostly with vocal edm)...so cmon mad dogs XD prove ur worth lol

Feb 28, 2013 at 12:53 AM Post #3,788 of 6,388
There are plenty of us who disagree with his assessment and a few of us who outright prefer the Mad Dog to the LCD-2. Just remember that many people hear things differently, many have different preferences or concepts of neutral, there are widely differing levels of experience with music/gear, and many are listening on wildly different setups or to completely different music.

Feb 28, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #3,789 of 6,388
Using low gain. 100% volume on the computer (of course), to ODAC, to O2 low gain.

Even with jazz, with low volume on the recording, I never go over 2'o clock. Usually around 11'o clock.

I think they have great synergy with both HE-500 and Mad Dogs, everything sounds so clean and real.

I may have to get the upgraded power supply, but right now I'm blown away at how good the HE-500 sound with the Magni!

Feb 28, 2013 at 1:26 AM Post #3,790 of 6,388
Anybody else having trouble wearing glasses with the Mad Dogs (Alpha pad)? For the life of me I just can't ... :confused: , They are way better with contacts on!

I can't wear my HE-500 with my normal glasses either, so I suspect it's the same with Mad Dogs. For my HE-500, I wear round 'Harry Potter' birth control glasses that have ear stems that sit flat on my face. I also have a pair of rimless glasses with very thin stems - however the glasses are so light that the clamping force of the headphones shifts the glasses around on my face.

Feb 28, 2013 at 1:29 AM Post #3,791 of 6,388
Also, has anyone compared these to the HE-500?

Feb 28, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #3,792 of 6,388
I've asked about (budget) portable style amps with the Mad Dogs before, and I've heard mention from a few people that the mini3 and possibly the C&C BH made good pairings. Right now i'm between buying one of the two. If I go with the mini3 it will have to be a used one so the price will be near the BH. 

Anyone that can add something to help my decision along. 

(I already have a desktop setup, and I don't expect a portable rig, especially at the price I'm looking to even match it, just something that get its ~85% of the way there.)

Feb 28, 2013 at 7:56 AM Post #3,793 of 6,388
Quote:
Also, has anyone compared these to the HE-500?

Short comparison:

You can make a strong comparison between these two hp's. With the Alpha Pads, the MD is now voiced a little closer to the he500 albeit the overall tone is still just a touch darker. 

But like the he500, the MD is smooth and effortless across the spectrum never giving you "extra" than what the recording offers. These are not bass head cans because there is no bass added when the recording doesn't have it. But when the material has a hard bass line the MD will throw it down and with authority, accuracy and smile inducing punch. 

Given the price difference, I'd pick the MD for sure. If the he500, were say only $300...I'd still pick the MD. 
size]

Feb 28, 2013 at 9:43 AM Post #3,794 of 6,388
Quote:
Any unboxing and video reviews about?

Unboxing videos are unlikely, as the packaging is literally a cardboard box with a sticker logo on it and the headphones/accessories packed soundly inside.

As for video reviews, I haven't seen any. There's plenty of text reviews out there that are great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back