M2Tech HiFace 2?
Apr 1, 2013 at 4:45 AM Post #346 of 563
Quote:

Chodi,

I apologize. I have reverted back to the Luckit driver after listening to the M2Tech driver for most of last evening. On my system, ultimately, I found it too bright and fatiguing for lengthy listening sessions. 

Your too late....or I'm too quick. I changed it while I was reading your post. I hear exactly the same thing you did in this new driver. I am listening to it now. It is brighter and thinner sounding. Some would say it has more apparent detail but that is a function of elevated highs. It gives the impression of being more transparent but I think it is just brighter. I cannot understand how the same company can put out so two totally different sounding drivers. Is it possible that the software company is letting their oem tune the sound as they wish? Are Italians into bright sound? Many questions. I will go back to the Luckit driver when I regain my strength. I think Luckit is a clear winner. I can take off the bib.

Apr 1, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #347 of 563
Quote:
Your too late....or I'm too quick. I changed it while I was reading your post. I hear exactly the same thing you did in this new driver. I am listening to it now. It is brighter and thinner sounding. Some would say it has more apparent detail but that is a function of elevated highs. It gives the impression of being more transparent but I think it is just brighter. I cannot understand how the same company can put out so two totally different sounding drivers. Is it possible that the software company is letting their oem tune the sound as they wish? Are Italians into bright sound? Many questions. I will go back to the Luckit driver when I regain my strength. I think Luckit is a clear winner. I can take off the bib.

The new M2Tech driver is more transparent in the upper mids as well extend more in the treble area, I guess you can call it bright sound. The Luckit is more sweet for long sessions...

Apr 1, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #348 of 563
Quote:

Interesting, I've been going back and forth between two and almost positive 1.61 adds more weight but the difference is really subtle so it could be just my imagination.
Too bad you can't do proper A/B and should rely on short lived audio memory.

Apr 2, 2013 at 12:40 AM Post #349 of 563
Quote:
Interesting, I've been going back and forth between two and almost positive 1.61 adds more weight but the difference is really subtle so it could be just my imagination.
Too bad you can't do proper A/B and should rely on short lived audio memory.

I think there is also the issue of synergy with your equipment. In my case with my front end the Luckit driver is a very clear winner. The new driver from M2Tech is clearly brighter with less weight in the bass. I suppose if your equipment was a bit dark sounding the M2Tech driver might be just the thing. On my system with a Yulong D18 and Lafigaro tube amp and my T1 the Luckit driver is magic.

Apr 5, 2013 at 4:47 AM Post #352 of 563
Hey guys, how do you even install the luckit driver to work with an m2tech device? am I missing something?
help would be appreciated (god I feel like a noob)

Apr 7, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #356 of 563
Quote:
Can anybody recommend a good PSU for alternative USB power solution http://www.streakwave.com/Itemdesc.asp?ic=5VUSB

Belkin makes a simple cheap 4 port powered usb hub that uses a simple a/c adapter. I use it and it is better than taking the power from the computer usb port. There are even better solutions for linear power supplies in this thread but the Belkin thing took it far enough for me.

Apr 7, 2013 at 12:35 AM Post #357 of 563
I bought a Dlink Powered USB hub for the same reasons and it wound up using the USB bus unless it was unplugged from the computer and entered "charging" mode for phones and such.  Make sure to read the packaging.

Apr 7, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #358 of 563
Quote:
Belkin makes a simple cheap 4 port powered usb hub that uses a simple a/c adapter. I use it and it is better than taking the power from the computer usb port. There are even better solutions for linear power supplies in this thread but the Belkin thing took it far enough for me.

I must have missed that, can you please point them out?

Apr 7, 2013 at 3:01 AM Post #359 of 563
Quote:
I bought a Dlink Powered USB hub for the same reasons and it wound up using the USB bus unless it was unplugged from the computer and entered "charging" mode for phones and such.  Make sure to read the packaging.

Yes the Belkin thing actually supplies the power to the  hub so it bypasses the power supplied by the computer port. It is a very cheap solution but not as elegant as some suggested in this thread that resort to battery power. I have no doubt that battery power is the cleanest source but I have my limits on tweeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back