M2Tech HiFace 2?
Apr 10, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #364 of 563
Anyone know a fix for the video latency problem while using the Hiface Mac OS drivers? 

I know it isn't a problem with Windows but I would rather not load windows onto my mac mini.

Thanks

Apr 11, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #366 of 563
Apr 11, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #367 of 563
I see you are using Leopard on an older Mac.  This is probably why you require a driver.  I'm not certain how to fix the latency issue.  Does your Mac Mini have a faster/preferred USB?  It might work better with a little more speed.  Otherwise I'm not sure what you could do to fix the issue.

Apr 11, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #368 of 563
Quote:
The Hiface is USB 2.0 compliant meaning you don't need to install drivers to run it on Mac, assuming you have a recent version of OSX.  What are you running ML, L, SL?

Thanks for your questions, You are correct but I still need to figure out a fix for the latency problems between sound and video with the Hiface connected to a Mac using mac software.

I was hoping someone can offer advice on a fix. Anyone familiar with this issue? Thanks

Apr 11, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #369 of 563
just a quick foobar/hiface2 setting query.
on the drop menu in preferences/ output, everything is listed twice with the words either "push" or "event" in brackets.
either seems to work ok, but what is the difference and which should i be using?
cheers

Apr 11, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #370 of 563
Quote:
just a quick foobar/hiface2 setting query.
on the drop menu in preferences/ output, everything is listed twice with the words either "push" or "event" in brackets.
either seems to work ok, but what is the difference and which should i be using?
cheers

The way I understand it push is sort of a workaround if event doesn't work for you. Event should be your first choice. I don't understand how you have 2 of everything listed that isn't normal but probably makes no real difference. Sounds like you installed the drivers twice? The drivers are stored in your Windows System 32 folder and if you know what you are doing you can go look to see if you have actually installed duplicates. 

Apr 11, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #371 of 563
Quote:
I see you are using Leopard on an older Mac.  This is probably why you require a driver.  I'm not certain how to fix the latency issue.  Does your Mac Mini have a faster/preferred USB?  It might work better with a little more speed.  Otherwise I'm not sure what you could do to fix the issue.

Hi Jmstrmbn,

Thanks and good questions. It is the older 1.8 core 2 duo with a SSD hardrive and I have 10.7 loaded on the Mac Mini. Yes slower computer could always be a culprit but my new MacBook Pro experiences the same thing so I'm having to rule out the age issue.

I have this issue with the Hiface 1, don;t know about the hiface 2. So the question is will I have the same video latency problem with a Hiface 2? I would be happy to swap out my hiface for the newer one.

Based on a other thread posting "The Hiface 2 is suppose to be "usb 2.0" compliant and uses XMOS chip for usb connection and does not require driver on Mac".  

Apr 11, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #372 of 563
I understand now, I thought you had the Hiface 2.  As far as I know the original hiface required a driver on Macs as well as PCs.  Replacing it with a Hiface 2 should get you running without latency.  I remember holding off on the original Hiface for that exact problem.

Apr 11, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #373 of 563
Quote:
I understand now, I thought you had the Hiface 2.  As far as I know the original hiface required a driver on Macs as well as PCs.  Replacing it with a Hiface 2 should get you running without latency.  I remember holding off on the original Hiface for that exact problem.

Thanks for the info.

I now have an announcement: I have a Hiface 1 for sale.

Apr 12, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #374 of 563
Quote:
The way I understand it push is sort of a workaround if event doesn't work for you. Event should be your first choice. I don't understand how you have 2 of everything listed that isn't normal but probably makes no real difference. Sounds like you installed the drivers twice? The drivers are stored in your Windows System 32 folder and if you know what you are doing you can go look to see if you have actually installed duplicates. 

ok thanks 

Apr 25, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #375 of 563
EDITED:  I figured out my install problem.  
size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back