LZ A6/A6 mini discussion and review thread
Dec 1, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #91 of 687
What about fit? I am concerned that the lz a6 doesn’t fit that well nor does it isolate well. I fear it could be very a great sounding IEM but require too many sacrifices to wear for the long term.
It really will depend on your ear size. For me, they fit great and I can wear them for long sessions (4 hours +) with no discomfort. I do have ear canals on the larger size though, and generally use medium/large tips. They also have above average isolation for me, using final type E tips.

Dec 4, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #92 of 687
I've received the a6 on Monday and I must say, man are they nice. Over the last 3 days I've been regularly going wow with so many songs.
Except for the supplied cable / eartips, I wouldn't know how to improve them.

Dec 5, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #93 of 687
My LZ A6 from 11.11 showed up today ($195 from EE Audio), pretty stoked with it at the moment.

Sounds really really good with nice balance and incredible extension on both ends. Very technical, best among my IEMS present and past (mind you it's my first foray in >$200 IEMS and my collection isn't that large compared to others' either).

Coherent, with detailed and impactful bass (more sub-bass then mid-bass), detailed and present mids, sparkly and airy highs. Excellent sonic rendering of the entire spectrum.
Soundstage is big and layered with depth, top separation and imaging. It felt really holographic in some well produced songs.
Never gets congested or overwhelmed with busy passages such as those found in heavy metal for instance.

As previously mentioned by some of my peers cable and included tips are not worthy, a real shame at this price point. For the moment the cable has been changed for an older TRN (got some nicer cables still on the way) and tips are medium peeled Symbios.
Loud button depressed brings mids forward, I was expecting the other way around (to produce a more V-shaped profile suitable for low volume auditioning). Maybe the manual is wrong about it.
Sporting black (default) filters at the moment and they feel just about right, will see.

They feel comfortable in my rather bigger than average ears although they stick out a bit but I'm not bothered by this.
Can't talk about isolation at the moment, I will come back with more info in the following days.

20191205_103206.jpg 20191205_103959.jpg 20191205_104028.jpg 20191205_104635.jpg 20191205_104643.jpg 20191205_104650.jpg 20191205_104701.jpg 20191205_104709.jpg 20191205_104725.jpg 20191205_124839.jpg

Dec 6, 2019 at 4:31 AM Post #94 of 687
My LZ A6 from 11.11 showed up today ($195 from EE Audio), pretty stoked with it at the moment.
:) i also recieved the lz a6 from EE Audio yesterday. 188 euro, and from my short impressions these are amazing. I did use spinfits because the original tips weren't as good. I'm fine with the cable and the fit is actually suprisingly nice in my smallish ears.

Dec 6, 2019 at 7:42 AM Post #95 of 687
:) i also recieved the lz a6 from EE Audio yesterday. 188 euro, and from my short impressions these are amazing. I did use spinfits because the original tips weren't as good. I'm fine with the cable and the fit is actually suprisingly nice in my smallish ears.
Guys, any links to the site?

Dec 6, 2019 at 8:56 AM Post #96 of 687
Dec 7, 2019 at 11:02 PM Post #98 of 687
I finally made time and contacted the LZ store on taobao and made a special order on those 9 pair of filters to be delivered to my home in China and only paid 150 yuan (around $21 US dollars), which is a "done deal" if you ask me! I'll receive it in a few days and post my impressions with my A6mini. This is going to be interesting on a personal level, since I already like my A6mini's awesome sound signature, but now with 6 more tuning filters, which wouldn't hurt to have!
...Now, I can tweak them a little more here and there! :point_left::wink:

HTB1pyqTaijrK1RjSsplq6xHmVXaC.jpg *Courtesy of LZ's PIC's

-Clear

Dec 11, 2019 at 1:57 AM Post #99 of 687
Here's my LZ A6mini impression on the 9 extra tuning filter options that come with the A6 flagship model! :writing_hand:

P_20191209_231029_2.jpg 9-tuning filter selection kit

A week ago I bought the 9 tuning filters that comes with the LZ A6 flagship IEM as a separate purchase through the LZ store on taobao and it was well worth it! I was amazed that after chatting with them for a price, they decided to sell them to me at 150 yuan (around $21 US dollars)! This was truly a bargain and "done deal"! But, once I received them, that's when the real fun began! Out of the 9 tuning filters, 4 of them surprised me and stood out the most. The other 5 were just either okay, or a miss for me. So, I'll be writing my quick impressions on the tuning filters according to the 3 groups below with particularly 4 different tunes that turn my A6mini into a multi-sound signature deal breaker!
I will list them by "group" according to the picture below and write my impressions on their sound signatures, "thumbs-up":thumbsup:, or "thumbs-down":thumbsdown:...

HTB1pyqTaijrK1RjSsplq6xHmVXaC(1).jpg

GROUP A

10hz-40khz "RED is very impressive" :trophy::smile::thumbsup:
BLACK :thumbsup:
PROS: They are "balanced" with deep sub-bass and excellent MID's and detailed highs.
CONS: Smaller soundstage when compared to the black tuning filters of the A6mini's.
RED :trophy::thumbsup:
PROS: They are "U-shaped" with deep sub-bass, laid-back clean MID's, and detailed highs.
CONS: None!
BLUE :thumbsup:
PROS: They are "neutral" with deep sub-bass and forward clean MID's and clean highs as well.
CONS: Can sound a little harsh at louder volume.

GROUP B
15hz-30khz "All three tuning filters fail to impress" :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::thumbsdown:
DARK-GRAY :thumbsdown:
Deep overall bass, midrange focused with recessed highs.
CONS: Failed to impress with too much bass and MID's.
PINK :thumbsdown:
Deep sub-bass with recessed MID's and highs.
CONS: Failed to impress with too much lower bass.
GOLD :thumbsdown:
Deep overall bass, midrange focused and lower treble focused.
CONS: Failed to impress with too much overall bass and midrange.

GROUP C
20hz-20khz "SILVER is OK" :nerd::thumbsup:
SILVER :thumbsup:
PROS: They are "balanced" with nice deep sub-bass, smooth MID's, and pleasant highs.
CONS: At higher listening levels it can get harsh according to different songs or genres.
DARK-BLUE :thumbsdown:
Deep overall bass, recessed MID's and highs.
CONS: Failed to impress with too much overall bass.
PURPLE :thumbsdown:
Higher MID-bass and lower midrange presents with recessed highs.
CONS: Failed to impress with too much MID-bass.

* NOTE: After further testing and evaluating, I concluded that even though the tuning filters that come with the LZ A6mini (black, red, and blue) might look exactly like the ones that come with the LZ A6 9-tuning filter kit, they are actually tuned differently according to the "frequency specs" for the A6mini (15hz-35khz) versus A6 (10hz-40khz). They do sound different from each other. So, you might want to keep that in mind, even though both the A6mini and A6 carry the same set of colors pictured below!

* A6mini FR SPECS.jpg

Conclusion: My favorite from the LZ A6 9-tuning filters are the RED filters for its amazing U-shape sound signature resonating plenty of lively sub-bass, MID's, and hi-end details through my A6mini's. While, in the other hand, my favorite from the LZ A6mini 3-tuning filters are the BLACK filters providing luscious and well controlled balance with plenty of hi-end details throughout the whole spectrum as well on my A6mini's. Both tunings filters make the A6mini's as one of my top IEM contenders I've ever had the privilege to own. :beerchug:

Glad to display some tuning fun!

My personal PIC's...:yum:
P_20190908_163331_2(2).jpgP_20190908_163331_2(3).jpg

-Clear

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2019 at 2:14 PM Post #100 of 687
My new pair has this issue too. I thought I was going crazy and was blaming fit in right ear, but it really is the case. Dying, exactly as you described. It may happen in either or both ears. I have 2-pin version and I'm using 4.4 with Fioo M11.

Actually, now I believe my fit problems (or as I thought) were due to the above mentioned problem as after some time the right side was fading and this made me believe it was fit issue in the right ear.

It is definitely filter related, as you guys mentioned. I took filter out and there was loud music coming out. After reapplying the filter, same issue straight away.

It happens when there is a lot bass rumble for couple of minutes. Red filter (bass filters) issue maybe?

Edit:
Red and pink filters, the issue is there.
Black, dark gray, silver: none
Seems to me the thick mesh on the bass filters might be to blame .
Did you had any other trouble with em? I haven’t been able to make em work properly so I’m asking for warranty

Dec 11, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #101 of 687
Did you had any other trouble with em? I haven’t been able to make em work properly so I’m asking for warranty
Unfortunately, they are giving me hard time. Bass filters get quiet until I finish listening to one album. I am using silver filter to go around this issue, but still I think right side is not as loud as left. I am waiting for Final E eartips to arrive to make sure this is not fit issue, but still bass filters suck ass so much. It's really dissatisfying. I had high hopes. I wonder why so few people see this. Why no reviews state this.
Who do you ask for warranty?

Dec 11, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #102 of 687
Unfortunately, they are giving me hard time. Bass filters get quiet until I finish listening to one album. I am using silver filter to go around this issue, but still I think right side is not as loud as left. I am waiting for Final E eartips to arrive to make sure this is not fit issue, but still bass filters suck ass so much. It's really dissatisfying. I had high hopes. I wonder why so few people see this. Why no reviews state this.
Who do you ask for warranty?

Can you explain me in a physics way how a filter will have something to do with the drivers going quiet slowly? Does the sound blots and congest waiting to escape and the tip is giving the air a hard time to escape?

you got the same situation as me, cheap and bad manufacturing, get your warranty ASAP, this kind of shops do anything they can to not make it valid, I already claimed mine and I want a working unit, I think it’s an electrical related problem since if you stop listening for a while they get back to normal (if it was in deed a filter problem it would come up right away and work the same all the time, air flow won’t be accumulating in the filter as it passes by) I go for the electric components heating up or something like making the drivers loose potency as they are used. It has to be an electrical problem

Dec 11, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #104 of 687
I've said it before but I'm still quite sure that it's moisture building up in the filters. This, unfortunately, has been an issue for quite a few people on the earlier LZ models as well.

I really don't see any other logical explanation, especially with the history of this happening before with the same brand.

Dec 11, 2019 at 11:48 PM Post #105 of 687
My A6 Mini is in the house. Initial impressions, before I got them into my ears, were mostly just frustration, ha. I went with the 2-pin model instead of the mmcx, and I couldn't believe how much trouble I had getting the cable hooked up - the female connectors in the shell housing are so far recessed that I could not for the life of me get the pins lined up properly. I had to get out a hiking headlamp to get as much help as possible, lol. Every tip included was utter crap too. I put these in my ears with the blue filters and the only stock tips that would fit (without a good seal, mind) and it was treble murder...

Now I've got them with the black filters and some RHA double flanged tips and, we are rocking and rolling. Phenomenal, deep bass extension, great treble sparkle without harshness, vocals sound great, layering and sound stage are impressing right away. Pretty excited to dig into some of my favorite records with the A6 minis tomorrow, and will definitely give the red filters a go as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back