LZ A6/A6 mini discussion and review thread
Dec 17, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #121 of 687
Nevermind what I previously wrote in this post, I must be getting deaf or delirious or both.
My setup for now is copper cable, KZ starline tips which enhance bass and do not tame treble and electric guitars and I finally got accustomed to black filters which are my favorites now to silver filters. I cannot bear bass filters no more, which is good having accumulating moisture issue in mind.
Now I must stop switching filters, cables and tips which is driving me crazy. I need to accept my current setup. It sounds great now. Love the detail, richness and separation. Really awesome.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #122 of 687
So I've really been enjoying the A6 mini since I've received them. Firstly, I would say they're way more different to the regular A6, than they're similar. I wish they would've just used a unique name for them and marketed them on their own merits. To me, then not having the 4 BA's for the mids changes EVERYTHING about what they're about.
The mini has more of a bass emphasis, smooth mids and airy and detailed highs, and are tuned very, very well. To me, they're the ying to the A6's gang and compliment each other very well. I find them to be a more relaxed listen in comparison to the A6. The A6 have a very fast almost linear bass presentation and have the most uber, hyper detailed miss and treble of any iem I've ever heard. They're very energetic and almost tiring sometimes due to their extreme detailed tuning. I'm not saying that as a negative though, as I love how they present music.
I found that time and tip rolling has helped me understand the A6 and grow to appreciate them more than any other iem. I'll listen to a different iem and listen to a song that I'm familiar with and feel like I'm missing something in the music.
The more time I spend with my A6 the more I grow to love them, but I can understand how some people may not love them like I do. They are not a relaxing listen, and they're not a dark tuning, nor are they bass heavy. But if you want a clear, hyper detailed and exciting listen, then you are sure to love the A6. I will say again though, that the included tips do not do the A6 any justice at all, and I highly recommend the final type E tips for both the A6 and mini.
I would say the A6 mini are perfect for those who like a more balanced sound, with a good quality bass, smooth mids and airy, sparkly highs. I do feel like the mini are now my favorite sub $100 iem and will be staying with me for a long time.

The final type E tips look kind of similar to the Sony hybrid tips. How similar would you say they are? What are some of the other tips you tried on the A6 and A6 Mini? What makes the final type E tips a good match in your opinion? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just thinking about getting a set off Amazon but they're fairly expensive and I just want a better idea about them.

Dec 18, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #124 of 687
The final type E tips look kind of similar to the Sony hybrid tips. How similar would you say they are? What are some of the other tips you tried on the A6 and A6 Mini? What makes the final type E tips a good match in your opinion? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just thinking about getting a set off Amazon but they're fairly expensive and I just want a better idea about them.
Hey man, I'll do my best here to try and help out! The Sony and final tips are indeed similar looking, but there are pretty big differences though as well. The final tips have a stiffer core and make it super easy to get a perfect seal. It takes no effort at all, and really helps with isolation as well. The final slightly enhances the bass and slightly tames treble peaks. In my opinion, they also have a smoothing and naturalness to them that make any iem I've tried them with sound amazing. I believe that's why you see them included in almost all kilobuck iem's on the market.
I have tried spiral dots, spin fits, Sony hybrids, multiple foams with my A6/mini and the final type E are by far my favorites for my preferences. I can't recommend them enough and feel all audiophiles should have some sets in their toolbox, haha.
Also, I find the sony tips to slightly exaggerate some of the A6 treble peaks and makes it sound somewhat unnatural sounding pairing.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #125 of 687
Hey man, I'll do my best here to try and help out! The Sony and final tips are indeed similar looking, but there are pretty big differences though as well. The final tips have a stiffer core and make it super easy to get a perfect seal. It takes no effort at all, and really helps with isolation as well. The final slightly enhances the bass and slightly tames treble peaks. In my opinion, they also have a smoothing and naturalness to them that make any iem I've tried them with sound amazing. I believe that's why you see them included in almost all kilobuck iem's on the market.
I have tried spiral dots, spin fits, Sony hybrids, multiple foams with my A6/mini and the final type E are by far my favorites for my preferences. I can't recommend them enough and feel all audiophiles should have some sets in their toolbox, haha.
Also, I find the sony tips to slightly exaggerate some of the A6 treble peaks and makes it sound somewhat unnatural sounding pairing.
Thanks for the detailed response. Sounds like a good set of tips to own. Right now I'm using the KZ starlines on my A6 and A6 Mini. I decided I'm going to get the final type E tips. How would you say their size compares to other tips? The large KZ starlines feel a little too big for my ears with the nozzle diameter on the LZ's. I'm thinking of ordering the medium size of the final type E tips.

Dec 18, 2019 at 8:52 PM Post #126 of 687
1218191849a.jpg

So, I've had a bit of bad luck this evening. Someone in the household sat on my A6 Mini and broke off the connector pins on one side of the cable. The pins are still stuck inside the connector port but I'm sure I can pull them out with some pliars. The thing is, I actually like the original cable. So I'm wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to buy another original cable. I would like to buy one to replace this broken one and another one as a backup.

Dec 18, 2019 at 9:49 PM Post #127 of 687

So, I've had a bit of bad luck this evening. Someone in the household sat on my A6 Mini and broke off the connector pins on one side of the cable. The pins are still stuck inside the connector port but I'm sure I can pull them out with some pliars. The thing is, I actually like the original cable. So I'm wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to buy another original cable. I would like to buy one to replace this broken one and another one as a backup.
I'll send you mine if you'd like, send me a PM if you're interested.

Dec 19, 2019 at 7:56 PM Post #128 of 687
Thanks for the detailed response. Sounds like a good set of tips to own. Right now I'm using the KZ starlines on my A6 and A6 Mini. I decided I'm going to get the final type E tips. How would you say their size compares to other tips? The large KZ starlines feel a little too big for my ears with the nozzle diameter on the LZ's. I'm thinking of ordering the medium size of the final type E tips.
You're welcome! I should be home tonight or tomorrow morning, so I'll try and find some starline tips and compare their size to the Type E's. I normally use a medium size tip on with most tips, but I actually use the large Type E's on my A6's. It might be a good idea to just buy the Type E multi-pack so you can see what works best for you.

Dec 19, 2019 at 8:10 PM Post #129 of 687
You're welcome! I should be home tonight or tomorrow morning, so I'll try and find some starline tips and compare their size to the Type E's. I normally use a medium size tip on with most tips, but I actually use the large Type E's on my A6's. It might be a good idea to just buy the Type E multi-pack so you can see what works best for you.
Hmm I do see the sense in that. I just want to avoid having to buy another pack once I decide which size works best on my A6 and A6 Mini. Usually when I buy a multi size pack the small tips go completely to waste because I never use them. I wouldn't care except for the fact these final type E tips are fairly expensive. Anyway, I do sincerely appreciate the help. Ideally I would like a bit smaller size than the large starlines.

Dec 21, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #130 of 687
I actually really like the stock LZ cable that comes with the A6M and have been using it since day 1. Finally got around to measuring the cable with a milliohmeter, and thought I should put that info here.

R+ 0.0370
R - 0.0373
L + 0.0372
L - 0.0369

Pretty good cable IMO. Very thick earguides, so may effect some people, but overall I think its a nice thick cable. I would actually seek out and buy this cable if LZ sold them separately.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2019 at 8:10 AM Post #131 of 687
How's $67.50 for A6 Mini? Would that be a steal?

Dec 22, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #132 of 687
How's $67.50 for A6 Mini? Would that be a steal?
I paid a couple dollars more than that for my A6 mini, and I'm extremely happy with that purchase.

Dec 22, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #134 of 687
Is LZ working on a new flagship beyond the A6? Have the A6 mini on the way and if I like it I do not want to buy the A6 just for them to release something better. Though my personal prediction for 2020 is that everything is gonna get cheaper and better. Thanks to for example the Blon 03 and the Shuoer Tape.

Dec 23, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #135 of 687
Is the A6 mini the same physical size as the A6? Liking the Mini alot so the A6 is on my radar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back