LZ A6/A6 mini discussion and review thread
Nov 27, 2019 at 1:20 AM Post #81 of 686
@peter123 ,

Are you able to use the other filters that comes with the A6 with the A6mini? ...How well does it sound with the A6mini?

Yes, they fit but unfortunately I've been so busy with work lately that I haven't had the time to play around with other filters than the stock ones. I'm going to try it as soon as I can find the time but I'll have to go to China again tomorrow so it probably won't be until closer to Xmas :frowning2:

Nov 27, 2019 at 3:21 AM Post #82 of 686
Yes, they fit but unfortunately I've been so busy with work lately that I haven't had the time to play around with other filters than the stock ones. I'm going to try it as soon as I can find the time but I'll have to go to China again tomorrow so it probably won't be until closer to Xmas :frowning2:
Same here. :disappointed: Lately, I've been very busy with work and family matters as well in China. :necktie::briefcase:

Nov 27, 2019 at 4:45 AM Post #83 of 686
I use the black filter, with Final type E tips. They're manufactured to amplify the bass and reduce treble peaks. For me, they're the PERFECT tips for the A6. I can't use any of the included tips because I struggle to get a good seal, and as a result get unwanted sibilance and lack of bass with any of them. I really wish they had included some quality tips out of the box, because these are night and day different with quality tips.
Stock tips are trash. None of them work for me.
I've been changing tips for last two days and I'm really struggling to get good fit in both ears. I seem to have funny ears as same tips seem to work for one of my ears and not for both and somehow with A6 this is even more apparent. For now KZ starline tips M seem to work best. Will look into buying Final E tips I suppose. Not sure about size, they come in one size at a time as I can see.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #84 of 686
Stock tips are trash. None of them work for me.
I've been changing tips for last two days and I'm really struggling to get good fit in both ears. I seem to have funny ears as same tips seem to work for one of my ears and not for both and somehow with A6 this is even more apparent. For now KZ starline tips M seem to work best. Will look into buying Final E tips I suppose. Not sure about size, they come in one size at a time as I can see.
I just got another multi size, 5 pair pack for 14.99 from Amazon here in the US. I'm not sure how that would work out for you, but the type e series does sell multi packs. I'll take a picture of the package when I get home this afternoon, so maybe it would show something useful to help in your search.

Nov 28, 2019 at 5:19 PM Post #85 of 686
I just got another multi size, 5 pair pack for 14.99 from Amazon here in the US. I'm not sure how that would work out for you, but the type e series does sell multi packs. I'll take a picture of the package when I get home this afternoon, so maybe it would show something useful to help in your search.
I found the multipack you were referring to on Amazon. $15 + $6 for shipping them to me. I've already made an order.
Tip rolling, cable and filter changing kept me occupied for last two days. It was really frustrating as couple of times I thought I found the perfect combo to start anew after just few hours.
For now I am surprised to be using stock cone shaped narrow-bore ear tips (really good seal with nice punch and tamed highs, feel really cheap though), crystal copper silverplated cable from **** and red filters.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2019 at 5:31 PM Post #86 of 686
So... The day I was tellin you all about the problem with mine, I’d decided I would buy another pair cause I thought they were such an underrated headphone

just got (now a 2 pin version) been playin on the 4.4 exit of the r6pro, right headphone already suffered from the symptom I had with the other pair... I can’t effin believe it, 2 pairs! 2 pairs with the same crappy situation, seriously? I already contacted the seller before it happens like the last time, funnily this ones have a glossy finish on the top

If anyone is suffering the same symptoms I would appreciate some feedback, the problem is that after a bit of playing, either one or both of the headphones start dying, like lowering the volume, if you leave them to rest, they come back and work flawlessly for a bit, then again, I want to think that it’s the impedance I’m feeding them from
The 4.4 or something, cause this is just ridiculous
My new pair has this issue too. I thought I was going crazy and was blaming fit in right ear, but it really is the case. Dying, exactly as you described. It may happen in either or both ears. I have 2-pin version and I'm using 4.4 with Fioo M11.

Actually, now I believe my fit problems (or as I thought) were due to the above mentioned problem as after some time the right side was fading and this made me believe it was fit issue in the right ear.

It is definitely filter related, as you guys mentioned. I took filter out and there was loud music coming out. After reapplying the filter, same issue straight away.

It happens when there is a lot bass rumble for couple of minutes. Red filter (bass filters) issue maybe?

Edit:
Red and pink filters, the issue is there.
Black, dark gray, silver: none
Seems to me the thick mesh on the bass filters might be to blame .

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2019 at 8:12 AM Post #87 of 686
Reposting my comment from the Audiosense thread here. Hope it can help some guys.
Got my LZ A6 for around one week and these are my impressions about T800 vs LZ A6. Please understand that i'm kinda new into describing sound and this is a really subjective opinion of mine.
Used the A6 with the stock black filter with some cotton filled in it for cutting some treble sibilant issues, grey filters on T800, the same 4.4mm copper cable and Ibasso DX160 as the main DAP for making this comparison.

After AB-ing for some time, my impressions are that T800 soundstage is actually more narrow in terms of wideness but a bit deeper. There's more clarity overall on the A6, which i didn't expect, but vocals and electric guitars sounded thicker on the T800; after some days of using the A6, i felt that it was noticeably more open sounding and cleaner (in terms of detail) than T800, which is starting to sound a little bit "dark" in comparison. Bass hits harder and has more quantity on the T800, but the timbre of the DD bass on A6 is very pleasant, so i don't really miss the lack of it.

Overall, i'm starting to like more the A6 over the T800 because i'm really into details and soundstage, and i feel that A6 is surprisingly more detailed and open sounding (on the black filter with some cotton in it). The T800 is still really pleasant when i want it to listen to really harss tracks when it comes to some really "harss on the highs pieces" which sometimes i can't handle them with A6.

Dec 1, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #88 of 686
What about fit? I am concerned that the lz a6 doesn’t fit that well nor does it isolate well. I fear it could be very a great sounding IEM but require too many sacrifices to wear for the long term.

Dec 1, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #89 of 686
What about fit? I am concerned that the lz a6 doesn’t fit that well nor does it isolate well. I fear it could be very a great sounding IEM but require too many sacrifices to wear for the long term.

I have fit issues. The thing is big and thick. Not uncomfortable but its always noticeable. I have to use to cinch to keep them from moving and possibly falling out they don't feel secure unless I do cinch them. Also Isolation is not that great. I cant use them at work as my environment is around 75-80 DB. With the bass being a more neutralish bass there is really nothing to drown out or overpower the outside noise. I have to use bass heavy IEMS with above avg isolation at work.

As always though YMMV. :)

Dec 1, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #90 of 686
Reposting my comment from the Audiosense thread here. Hope it can help some guys.
Got my LZ A6 for around one week and these are my impressions about T800 vs LZ A6. Please understand that i'm kinda new into describing sound and this is a really subjective opinion of mine.
Used the A6 with the stock black filter with some cotton filled in it for cutting some treble sibilant issues, grey filters on T800, the same 4.4mm copper cable and Ibasso DX160 as the main DAP for making this comparison.

After AB-ing for some time, my impressions are that T800 soundstage is actually more narrow in terms of wideness but a bit deeper. There's more clarity overall on the A6, which i didn't expect, but vocals and electric guitars sounded thicker on the T800; after some days of using the A6, i felt that it was noticeably more open sounding and cleaner (in terms of detail) than T800, which is starting to sound a little bit "dark" in comparison. Bass hits harder and has more quantity on the T800, but the timbre of the DD bass on A6 is very pleasant, so i don't really miss the lack of it.

Overall, i'm starting to like more the A6 over the T800 because i'm really into details and soundstage, and i feel that A6 is surprisingly more detailed and open sounding (on the black filter with some cotton in it). The T800 is still really pleasant when i want it to listen to really harss tracks when it comes to some really "harss on the highs pieces" which sometimes i can't handle them with A6.
Great impressions friend! I'm curious, what tips did you end up using on your A6?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back