LZ A6/A6 mini discussion and review thread
Nov 14, 2019 at 8:44 AM Post #47 of 687
It seems like this is how I went down the HQ12 hole:rolling_eyes: The again I can’t have fiers going “Bad Form Pod, Bad Form” can I:scream_cat:

Nov 14, 2019 at 9:02 AM Post #48 of 687
It seems like this is how I went down the HQ12 hole:rolling_eyes: The again I can’t have fiers going “Bad Form Pod, Bad Form” can I:scream_cat:

You certainly can't :wink:

Also, the A6 is 9 IEM's in one due tp the filters, no pressure ha ha....

Nov 14, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #49 of 687
Just how many rabbit holes have you been down in this hobby? Quite a few I'd venture to say :wink:. Looking at my past inventory I'm one to talk:unamused:

Nov 14, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #50 of 687
You certainly can't :wink:

Also, the A6 is 9 IEM's in one due tp the filters, no pressure ha ha....

Well I think I heard that same line about the A4 as well as numerous TA/IMR's:thinking:

OK Slow, Mr. Pot calling the Kettle Black more than I'd like to admit:anguished: Well as Rod Argent sang, "It's only money" problem is I don't have it when I want it:grin:

Nov 15, 2019 at 4:25 AM Post #52 of 687
Can the BQEYZ Spring 1 compete with the A6? What about the A6 mini? I've seen quite favorable reviews of the Spring 1.
As good as Spring 1 is, A6 is better, at least in terms of bass and treble. Mid is too different on the two pairs, but I lean towards Spring 1 for warm and inviting mid with very good detail.

Nov 16, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #53 of 687
Can the BQEYZ Spring 1 compete with the A6? What about the A6 mini? I've seen quite favorable reviews of the Spring 1.
Different monsters, the BQEYZ has way better mids and detailed bass, soundstage is way taller, but narrower, still it sits in a really high regard to me, for the price you cant go wrong, lately its been one of my favorite iems.

So, just wanted to share some thoughts on the lz, I’ve owned this one for a while, i never know how to explain this, mine are faulty, when i start using em, i think something is wrong with the internal wiring, they start alright but after a bit either one or both of em start to sound less and less until only the highs are sounding, sometimes they are both at the same time, sometimes its one of em only, none of my other iems suffer this, funnily I’ve been using em since yesterday with my wm1a and the lyre cable from the dk3001pro and its been working like a charm, but believe me, the symptom I’m telling you, happens way too often, funnily, i can let them “rest” and they work again perfectly, i want to think its something related with impedance or something alike, i don’t know, i like em enough to buy em again if they die on me, contacted the seller and they said they give me a 5 usd coupon; i was just like “WTH?”

So! A couple of things: love the red filter, i added some padding with a bit of cotton to tame the highs (not too much, just used enough to make sort of a thin mesh... I’m actually using em right now and the thing i wrote about started happening again...) soundstage is wide, and actually quite nice, bass is outstanding for a 10mm driver, and yes, details in the treble region are stunning, really like how little details like hi hats opening and closing in congested tracks like “Periphery - Make total destroy” come to life,, who knows periphery knows that Matt Halpern’s ghost notes are all over the place and he abuses of the cymbals (and while writing this, right headphone just died, just the highs are audiable... oh man, this gets me tired every time, and since i have other headphones which i keep in rotation, well whatever... And yes, loud button is on, and I’ve changed players, changed cables... sigh)

Well, even with this situation, i still recommend this headphone, i own the mmcx version, if i get em again, ill get the 2 pin version for sure, so sad that i got a bad pair :frowning2:

Edit: as said before, stopped using em for around 10mins and back at work again, those highs man... those highs are quality

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #54 of 687
Different monsters, the BQEYZ has way better mids and detailed bass, soundstage is way taller, but narrower, still it sits in a really high regard to me, for the price you cant go wrong, lately its been one of my favorite iems.

So, just wanted to share some thoughts on the lz, I’ve owned this one for a while, i never know how to explain this, mine are faulty, when i start using em, i think something is wrong with the internal wiring, they start alright but after a bit either one or both of em start to sound less and less until only the highs are sounding, sometimes they are both at the same time, sometimes its one of em only, none of my other iems suffer this, funnily I’ve been using em since yesterday with my wm1a and the lyre cable from the dk3001pro and its been working like a charm, but believe me, the symptom I’m telling you, happens way too often, funnily, i can let them “rest” and they work again perfectly, i want to think its something related with impedance or something alike, i don’t know, i like em enough to buy em again if they die on me, contacted the seller and they said they give me a 5 usd coupon; i was just like “WTH?”

So! A couple of things: love the red filter, i added some padding with a bit of cotton to tame the highs (not too much, just used enough to make sort of a thin mesh... I’m actually using em right now and the thing i wrote about started happening again...) soundstage is wide, and actually quite nice, bass is outstanding for a 10mm driver, and yes, details in the treble region are stunning, really like how little details like hi hats opening and closing in congested tracks like “Periphery - Make total destroy” come to life,, who knows periphery knows that Matt Halpern’s ghost notes are all over the place and he abuses of the cymbals (and while writing this, right headphone just died, just the highs are audiable... oh man, this gets me tired every time, and since i have other headphones which i keep in rotation, well whatever... And yes, loud button is on, and I’ve changed players, changed cables... sigh)

Well, even with this situation, i still recommend this headphone, i own the mmcx version, if i get em again, ill get the 2 pin version for sure, so sad that i got a bad pair :frowning2:

Edit: as said before, stopped using em for around 10mins and back at work again, those highs man... those highs are quality
That sucks so bad man! I'd be sick if something happened to my pair! What seller did you get yours from, so that others know to be cautious dealing with them? I can't imagine a seller not helping you get sorted out!!

Nov 16, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #55 of 687
That sucks so bad man! I'd be sick if something happened to my pair! What seller did you get yours from, so that others know to be cautious dealing with them? I can't imagine a seller not helping you get sorted out!!
**** earphones on AliExpress

I actually searched for em again with them but it seems they stop selling em

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2019 at 5:50 PM Post #56 of 687
**** earphones on linsoul

I actually searched for em again with them but it seems they stop selling em
Thank you! I can give a second example of that store not being a good one to deal with. I ordered a budget cable from them and they sent me a cheaper, completely different cable to me than what I had ordered. I also actually already owned it as well, which made it even worse. I contacted them and the only solution they'd offer me was to send it back and I'd eventually get refunded. The problem was it cost more for me to ship it back than it did to purchase it in the first place! Beware of dealing with that store all!!!!

Nov 17, 2019 at 9:57 PM Post #57 of 687
Interesting how you can order the A6 as a 2 Pin or MMCX.
Can someone provide their impressions of the LZ A6 vs the BQEYZ Spring1 ?
I own the Spring 1 and have the LZ A6 on the way, so I'll be happy to compare them and share my impressions once I get the A6.

Nov 18, 2019 at 3:17 PM Post #58 of 687
@thejoker13 Thanks!

The A6 mini are indeed a mini A6 :wink:

Similar overall signature but outperformed by the big brother in every way. The A6 has deeper bass, slightly better bass quality and more extended highs bit the biggest difference is indeed in the midrange with a fuller presentation that add more weight to, especially, males vocals making them sound more natural.

That being said the Mini is definitely replacing LZs own LA Z05A as my favorite sub $50 IEM's (I was extremely close to pick up a second pair for $27 on the 11/11sale, crazy price for their performance). As a matter of fact I can't, from the top of my mind right now, don't think of any sub $100 offering that I'd rate higher than the Mini from my 7-8 hours with them today.

These are of course very initial impressions but I'm super impressed with these so far. Definitely a great every day beater pair, what's exactly what I was hoping for.

Sorry for the poor pictures, too tired to take new ones, lol.

Sounds great. I'm surprised I didn't notice this comment before. I was eagerly awaiting your impressions. It seems the A6 Mini is about what I hoped for: similar overall approach to sound, but with somewhat less quality. I have the A6 on the way, but if I like it as much as I suspect I will I'll probably end up getting the A6 Mini as well, just to have a less expensive daily beater pair as you mentioned.

Nov 23, 2019 at 7:36 PM Post #59 of 687
Welp...Just got the LZ A6 Mini. Really positive first impressions. The included tips are all unusuable to me. Am using Sony Hybrids now. Also the blue filter is a joke. What is that? And the IEM came with that installed out of the box. Its possible that it may work well on the CNT-1, but way too bright on A6mini. Have not messed with red yet but black filter is so effing good its ridiculous. I am going to go out on a limb and say this is the best IEM I own. They are big and bulky. That's a shame. Hopefully they don't end up causing pain after long sessions. We will see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back