LZ A6/A6 mini discussion and review thread
Nov 13, 2019 at 3:47 AM Post #16 of 687
I don't yet, but plan on ordering it soon. I believe @peter123 just got the mini, and also owns the A6, so hopefully he can share his thoughts.

Yep, got them today but I'm at work now so haven't had much time to use them yet.

Will post som very initial impressions and pictures tonight.

Nov 13, 2019 at 3:57 AM Post #17 of 687
Some of my own thoughts regarding the LZ A4 and LZ A5:

I still have the LZ A4 and was just comparing it with the Fearless S8 Freedom with Symbio W tips on both and was surprised by how well the A4 held up. In some ways the A4 reminds me of the Sony EX1000 in terms of of its openness and organic tonality, albeit with a much more visceral bass response with the red back filters on the A4. While I would put the S8F in a class above the A4 in terms of clarity, refinement, and soundstage, the A4 is still very good in itself and subjectively makes for a more engaging listen to me.

I also had the LZ A5 (since sold) which I thought was excellent in terms of clarity, detail retrieval, and soundstage. I didn't get to compare these to the S8F, but I did compare them extensively against the Campfire Andromeda, and thought they were on par technically. I preferred the fit and isolation on the A5 to the A4 as well. Unfortunately, I found the A5 too heavily V-shaped, even with the A6 filters.

Nov 13, 2019 at 6:00 AM Post #19 of 687
Hi, are the lz a6 considered endgame IEMs / tier 1 or is it more of a value for the money type of IEM.

For me it's endgame. As always it will depend on personal preference but the A6 are the first IEM's I've ever owned where I think the sound is perfect. I'd love it to be made in resin though, because that's my preference for fit and isolation :wink:

Nov 13, 2019 at 10:50 AM Post #20 of 687
Hey joker, thanks for creating this thread! I recall seeing you in the Fearless tour thread, and was wondering if you had a chance to compare the S8 Freedom to the A6?
Yes, I did a direct comparison of them. I found the S8f to have more bass quantity and treble energy, but the A6 has the better bass quality, in that's cleaner and quicker. It's funny to me, because the S8f uses the BA driver for bass and the A6 uses a well tuned dynamic. I find the treble on the A6 is more detailed with more clarity. Both are a fun and energetic tuning, but the A6 to me has better staging and imaging. I consider the A6 to be an upgrade at nearly half the cost.

Nov 13, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #22 of 687
For me it's endgame. As always it will depend on personal preference but the A6 are the first IEM's I've ever owned where I think the sound is perfect. I'd love it to be made in resin though, because that's my preference for fit and isolation :wink:
Agreed Peter, 110%. I'm curious, but what tips did you end up settling on your A6's?
I'm also anxious for your thoughts on the mini then as well. I'm so curious at how different the mids are, considering they don't have the 4 BA's for the mids and are just using the dynamic for most of the sound. I believe you're the first to have both, congrats on that, haha!

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #23 of 687
Some of my own thoughts regarding the LZ A4 and LZ A5:

I still have the LZ A4 and was just comparing it with the Fearless S8 Freedom with Symbio W tips on both and was surprised by how well the A4 held up. In some ways the A4 reminds me of the Sony EX1000 in terms of of its openness and organic tonality, albeit with a much more visceral bass response with the red back filters on the A4. While I would put the S8F in a class above the A4 in terms of clarity, refinement, and soundstage, the A4 is still very good in itself and subjectively makes for a more engaging listen to me.

I also had the LZ A5 (since sold) which I thought was excellent in terms of clarity, detail retrieval, and soundstage. I didn't get to compare these to the S8F, but I did compare them extensively against the Campfire Andromeda, and thought they were on par technically. I preferred the fit and isolation on the A5 to the A4 as well. Unfortunately, I found the A5 too heavily V-shaped, even with the A6 filters.
Great impressions man, and I agree on your thoughts on both the A4 and A5's. I loved the A4 but just can't get on with the fit, but I do enjoy the sound.
I also had and sold the A5. I felt they made strides on comfort, but I didn't like the sound for my preferences. The treble sounded to artificial, but man oh man did they get the A6 right.
I consider the A6 to be the direct upgrade to the A4, just with added comfort and a more refined tuning.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #24 of 687
I also have owned the flc8s previously, and now own the flc8n and there's not much of a comparison in my opinion. The A6 just plays on another level in technicalities and tonality.

Could you talk about the soundstage imaging and separation vs the Flc8s/n? All much better? Does the A6 give you the out of your head feeling when listening?

Nov 13, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #25 of 687
@thejoker13 Thanks!

The A6 mini are indeed a mini A6 :wink:

Similar overall signature but outperformed by the big brother in every way. The A6 has deeper bass, slightly better bass quality and more extended highs bit the biggest difference is indeed in the midrange with a fuller presentation that add more weight to, especially, males vocals making them sound more natural.

That being said the Mini is definitely replacing LZs own LA Z05A as my favorite sub $50 IEM's (I was extremely close to pick up a second pair for $27 on the 11/11sale, crazy price for their performance). As a matter of fact I can't, from the top of my mind right now, don't think of any sub $100 offering that I'd rate higher than the Mini from my 7-8 hours with them today.

These are of course very initial impressions but I'm super impressed with these so far. Definitely a great every day beater pair, what's exactly what I was hoping for.

Sorry for the poor pictures, too tired to take new ones, lol.

20191113_215350.jpg
20191113_220109.jpg
20191113_215454.jpg

Nov 13, 2019 at 6:07 PM Post #26 of 687
Ordered the mini last night and they have already shipped and left the warehouse. Hopefully I will have then in about 10 days or so. I hope they are as great for me as they are for everyone else. I have not had good luck with piezo so far. **** and HCK N3 have both been just "okay" to me.

Nov 13, 2019 at 9:34 PM Post #28 of 687
Hi Bui, thanks for your comparisons of all the IEMs. I am totally fine with chasing an endgame for 2019, knowing that yes in a year the hunt begins again. I noticed you said earlier that the LZ A6 compares to the andromeda which I might say is endgame for lots of people who aren’t in the know about Chifi. Could you elaborate more and give me confidence that I am not missing anything by choosing the LZ over the andromeda? Thanks!

Nov 13, 2019 at 9:55 PM Post #30 of 687
Could you talk about the soundstage imaging and separation vs the Flc8s/n? All much better? Does the A6 give you the out of your head feeling when listening?
I'll do my best to convey my thoughts on their differences. For me, I do find that the A6 to have better separation and much better imaging than the 8s/8n. The staging is similar in width and depth, which to me and my iem exposure is top notch on both. The thing that makes me fall in love every single time I put in the A6 is their coherency from top to bottom and just effortless naturalness to the sound. I can't point out one thing on them that I feel they don't excel in from a technical or tonality standpoint. The only thing that could make these better to me would be if I could get them made into customs and keep their sound 100% the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back