LZ A5
Jan 25, 2018 at 1:26 AM Post #451 of 1,177
Just to verify, I presume that one can purchase add on cables to use these with balanced output DAP units?
I would like to do just that with the Cayin N5II. I have a balanced cable on the way for the FLC8S; but I am looking seriously at adding the A5 to my collection.
The other units competing for mind share right now are the forthcoming IT04 and FLC9.
Snap! Same here. Plus Cardas A8

Jan 25, 2018 at 1:49 AM Post #452 of 1,177
Just to verify, I presume that one can purchase add on cables to use these with balanced output DAP units?
I would like to do just that with the Cayin N5II. I have a balanced cable on the way for the FLC8S; but I am looking seriously at adding the A5 to my collection.
The other units competing for mind share right now are the forthcoming IT04 and FLC9.
It's a standard MMCX so no problem

Jan 25, 2018 at 8:25 AM Post #454 of 1,177
Made an order today.
What source will be the great choice for LZ A5? How do you think? As i see LZ A5 is easygoing and i can use LG G6 without any doubts.

I have used this on my OnePlus 5 and HTC 10. Both are acceptable with Spotify on Extreme settings. The LG G6 is known to be a decent phone for music so you won't have issues there.

In previous posts, I've seen people say the Fiio X7 and X7 Mark ii being good.

Jan 25, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #455 of 1,177
Anyone have pics of how they fit in your ear? :p

Also, how are these for sub bass rumble?
From reviews I see that they can reach low and don't bleed, but can you feel it? (I'm a bit of a sub bass head, but not so much that it flops over other frequencies).
I hear the It03 has impressive sub bass, but the shape has me a little weary, and might want to try my luck with the A5s that seem like an ergonomically safer option.

Jan 25, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #456 of 1,177
Interest check... I overspent this month on headphones lol willing to maybe sell mine off for a slight discount, if anyone is interested. Less than 10 hours use, everything included. PM.

decided to keep them after all. The Periodic Be are going up in the for sale forums instead. The black filter sounds incredibly similar to the Be, but with a touch more brightness and slightly wider soundstage.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2018 at 9:17 PM Post #458 of 1,177
A4s are $169 on aliexpress right now, are the A5s worth an extra $100 over the A4?

I received my A5 a few hours ago and will say this to anyone on the fence: YES, GET THE A5'S... EVEN IF YOU ALREADY OWN THE A4'S. SELL 'EM AFTER BUYING YOUR A5'S.

Deeper, punchier bass, clearer, more present mids and extended treble with no sibilance (IMO) out of the black filters and great ergonomics. LZ has made some real improvements across the board.

Currently heading to dinner so I'll post my more complete impressions and comparisons later.

Jan 26, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #461 of 1,177
Hi guys,

I just wanted to thank those who have bothered to publish your comments, because thanks to you I decided to buy them and I am ENCHANTED with them. They are great. Just tell them that I like them more with gray filters. Initially I tried them with the black ones that it has assembled of origin and the acute ones got to bother me, instead, with the grays they have a lot of detail but they do not bother me. They are very comfortable. Its weak point, the cable, is not bad but it could be better. After seeing the cable that the IT01 bring, this is a little meh ...

Jan 26, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #462 of 1,177
Hi guys,

I just wanted to thank those who have bothered to publish your comments, because thanks to you I decided to buy them and I am ENCHANTED with them. They are great. Just tell them that I like them more with gray filters. Initially I tried them with the black ones that it has assembled of origin and the acute ones got to bother me, instead, with the grays they have a lot of detail but they do not bother me. They are very comfortable. Its weak point, the cable, is not bad but it could be better. After seeing the cable that the IT01 bring, this is a little meh ...
Does the It01 cable not fit the A5s?

Jan 26, 2018 at 9:11 PM Post #463 of 1,177
Hi guys,

I am not a fan of the A5s cable at all. I was hoping to see one similar to the A4/A2s cable but since a lot of people had durability issues with that I can see why LZ changed it. But I'm not a fan of the stiff memory wire and find it makes the fit more problematic for me. That's the beauty of MMCX though - I switched over to a different cable and the fit is much better now.

Jan 26, 2018 at 10:56 PM Post #464 of 1,177
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back