LZ A5
Jan 21, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #406 of 1,177
If you buy on Aliexpress, I recommend buying at the Penon or DD-Audio Store stores.

Do yourself a big favor and use Penonaudio, at least you'll get decent aftersale service, should you ever need it...
It sure helped when I was having a ton rose of trouble with Rose Tech IEMs.

I bought my LZ A4 from Penon Audio, back in Nov. or Dec. of 2016 (and they offered me a promotional discount at the time).
During the last year, I've bought other things from them, as well.
So, I was planning to order from Penon, when I'm ready to buy the LZ A5.

Jan 21, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #408 of 1,177
At least for me, comfort is equally important to sound. For example, I, like many others, had fit issues with the IT03.

So the idea that this may be comfortable is quite appealing. Like some others have noted, I want to see what else FLC comes up with in the next few months before pulling a trigger. But since I like the LZ sound signature, as I like the FLC sound signature, I am pretty darn interested.
Yeah, especially considering that the FLC8n will have a metal housing, better BA drivers, and 0.78mm pins.

Jan 21, 2018 at 6:20 PM Post #413 of 1,177
What does "better BA drivers" mean?
@Bubblejuice
No idea. That's just what Forrest Wei (the owner) said in the thread. He said the mids, and especially the highs would be better overall due to the "better BA drivers". Apparently the tuning should be relatively the same as the 8s.

He said he will probably announce the 8n tomorrow, so well see then.

Jan 21, 2018 at 6:28 PM Post #417 of 1,177
Yeah I know, since it's hard to miss all his posts about the flc8n here haha
My bad. I just think it's worth considering. Since they are both the new "upgraded" models of the leading tunable hybrid IEM brands best reviewed IEMs. They seemed like they would "rival" each other. But from reviews so far, it doesn't seem like it will be the case.

I should stop mentioning them though and just wait for reviews. Excitement gets the better of me sometimes :p

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2018 at 6:34 PM Post #418 of 1,177
Isn't one gonna be $400 and the other $260. So, different price bracket and the A5 will be % off pretty soon and an upgraded FLC8n probably isn't gonna be the same as the old models($350 to start) so probably $150 more than an A5 is.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2018 at 6:50 PM Post #419 of 1,177
Isn't one gonna be $400 and the other $260. So, different price bracket and the A5 will be % off pretty soon and an upgraded FLC8n probably isn't gonna be the same as the old models($350 to start) so probably $150 more than an A5 is.
They will start at around $350. But you're right, they are in slightly different price brackets. The 8d will probably be closer in price.

What do you mean by % off?

Jan 21, 2018 at 7:56 PM Post #420 of 1,177
My story with LZ is I skipped the A4 but had my A2's modded to mmcx.
I guess my modded A2's sound simllar to A4 with some configuration.
LZ A2's have a secret sauce that is hard to pin down. It's the only coloured iem that I have been able to have a serious earlationship with.
Usually coloured iems are done in such a way that I get them far away from me quick.
The first review on these gave me the impression that they have no major faults. they are not the widest or the deepest but do they have that secret sauce?
Do they have a super power or are they the jack of all? It was a very nice write up @audio123 but do they punch above their class on the whole?
Or are they just another offering with nothing special to bring to the table in your opinion?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back