LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Dec 22, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #901 of 5,225
Honestly still undecided, the extra 10hz of the Red back compared to the Black doesn't seem to give more bass but rather it actually tames the treble just a bit. Very weird.
Try out the Black Back with the blue nozzle and let me know what you think

Interesting, I found when I had Black/b and Red/f, the bass was little less punchy than the Red back.  Could have been tip related as well

By the way, with your JVC spiral dots how did you choose size?

I love my spinfits with a large diameter, which is maybe a little to big (real nice isolation and does add bit of bass and high end over any other silicon tip I have used.  Bass is comparable to comply/foam tips).
I am hesitant to get medium size Spiral dots as I read a review where the person thought the medium spiral dot was slightly smaller than medium spinfit(even though diameter size is the same).  Not sure if I should go Medium/large.

These tips are pricey (sort-of) and I hate buy the wrong size.

Dec 22, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #902 of 5,225
Interesting, I found when I had Black/b and Red/f, the bass was little less punchy than the Red back.  Could have been tip related as well

By the way, with your JVC spiral dots how did you choose size?

I love my spinfits with a large diameter, which is maybe a little to big (real nice isolation and does add bit of bass and high end over any other silicon tip I have used.  Bass is comparable to comply/foam tips).
I am hesitant to get medium size Spiral dots as I read a review where the person thought the medium spiral dot was slightly smaller than medium spinfit(even though diameter size is the same).  Not sure if I should go Medium/large.

These tips are pricey (sort-of) and I hate buy the wrong size.

Medium Large seem to be perfect. I just got them from Japan via Ebay the other day. Medium worked sometime but at times was too small, Large was usually too big for me. ML is perfect.

Dec 22, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #903 of 5,225
Is there a combination of widest 3d soundstage, biggest quantity in bass and extended sparkly treble?

I think what you describe is probably accomplished by the red (b) / blue (f) combination. I'm listening to that right now and it rolls off the treble less than the black (f), but still has great bass quantity and soundstage. 

-Collin-

Dec 22, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #904 of 5,225
aha, great, but i like treble too.

i am sure it was asked before but there are filters that are sold in aliexpress, are these filters compatible and can be put on the a4, also what about the kz ed9 filters and trinity audio filters. perhaps these will give us more sound perferences.

Dec 22, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #905 of 5,225
Medium Large seem to be perfect. I just got them from Japan via Ebay the other day. Medium worked sometime but at times was too small, Large was usually too big for me. ML is perfect.

Thanks, that is what I was leaning toward.

I wish there was a faster way to get them.

I think what you describe is probably accomplished by the red (b) / blue (f) combination. I'm listening to that right now and it rolls off the treble less than the black (f), but still has great bass quantity and soundstage. 

-Collin-

Hmm.  Collin you think the Red/b and Blue/f gives the best 3D sound.  I real like the Red/b and Black/f but I would love more 3D sense to the music if possible, wonder if I can tolerate the extra treble

Dec 22, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #906 of 5,225
  Thanks, that is what I was leaning toward.

I wish there was a faster way to get them.

Hmm.  Collin you think the Red/b and Blue/f gives the best 3D sound.  I real like the Red/b and Black/f but I would love more 3D sense to the music if possible, wonder if I can tolerate the extra treble

I do. My favorite is still the red (b) / black (f) combination (my goodness that's hard to type) because of the relaxed sound signature and warm, slamming bass. But, for more open and airy presentation putting the blue on the front does the trick. It is noticeably brighter on some tracks though. Per the chart, that SHOULD be the best combination and does not roll off frequency in either direction. 

Honestly, I'm trying to keep the filter rolling to a minimum because I cannot yet speak to the long-term reliability effects of screwing things on and off every day. It's probably not an issue, but, I want these to last until I have grand kids 
etysmile.gif

-Collin-

Dec 22, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #907 of 5,225

I do. My favorite is still the red (b) / black (f) combination (my goodness that's hard to type) because of the relaxed sound signature and warm, slamming bass. But, for more open and airy presentation putting the blue on the front does the trick. It is noticeably brighter on some tracks though. Per the chart, that SHOULD be the best combination and does not roll off frequency in either direction. 

Honestly, I'm trying to keep the filter rolling to a minimum because I cannot yet speak to the long-term reliability effects of screwing things on and off every day. It's probably not an issue, but, I want these to last until I have grand kids 
etysmile.gif

-Collin-

I hear on removing filter on and off. I may have to try Red/b and Blue/f with Spinfits I really like anything that give more 3D sense to the sound. What kinda of tipper you using?

Dec 22, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #908 of 5,225

etysmile.gif

-Collin-

I hear on removing filter on and off. I may have to try Red/b and Blue/f with Spinfits I really like anything that give more 3D sense to the sound. What kinda of tipper you using?

JVC Spiral Dots for me. Tried Spinfits several times and can't get good seal. I'm between sizes maybe? 

Dec 22, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #909 of 5,225
ML I bought from here. Took just over a week to get http://m.ebay.com/itm/New-JVC-Victor-Spiral-Dot-Earpiece-Medium-Large-EP-FX9ML-B-for-HA-FX850-Japan-/281638496878

Dec 22, 2016 at 7:12 PM Post #910 of 5,225
Watched a video. Suddenly left side gets lower in volume. Thought it was the video at first, so I pulled up a track and....the left side was gone.
After that I tried changing the cable, which unfortunately was not so much possible. The MMCX is super tight, but I got it off eventually. Tried another cable, to no prevail. Now the right side is heavily muted and the left doesn't play at all.

What a shame, I was so happy after taking that 2km walk to the customs office at -5°C.

The MMCX curse continues.

This exact situation occurred with my VSonic VC1000, which has a TWFK driver but non-removable cables. The left side would suddenly drop in volume and then "die". The next morning, the earphones are working perfectly fine again... and it has happened to me twice in the past.

I gave in and joined the MD drop, rip wallet >_<

Dec 22, 2016 at 9:12 PM Post #912 of 5,225
Not sure if MD would be the better option since other sellers brought up by reviewers provide shipping included at 195$, if you were to add 10$ more you would fast express shipping. I should hopefully get my hands on the A4 within the coming day and not have to wait til the end of January! Thanks for the impressions, comparisons and in-depth reviews! If things go well I will have an early xmas treat! 

Dec 23, 2016 at 12:24 AM Post #913 of 5,225
MD drop??

These are on Massdrop now

On that note, went back to the Black Blue combo. For me it's perfect. The right amount of bass and treble balance.

Dec 23, 2016 at 12:47 AM Post #914 of 5,225
I don't have enough cash for the Shure 846s, how do these compare to that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 23, 2016 at 2:18 AM Post #915 of 5,225
These are on Massdrop now

On that note, went back to the Black Blue combo. For me it's perfect. The right amount of bass and treble balance.

Nope. Changed my mind again hahaha. Red/b Black/f. More bass than blue and a tad less treble but still full of details. A bit less treble fatiguing, though I can handle blue easy fatigue wise

Just zoned out hard listening to Eyes Closed by Netsky. Bass is full and smooth and the treble has an astonishing amount of detail and micro details. Wow. I was able to hear all the details and get immersed in the song.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back